• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sweatin to the Oldies...

Guest Robin Winter

Guest Robin Winter

Has anyone tried this for weight loss? We have a copy, and my wife and I have decided we're going to start doing this together in the evenings once we recover from these horrible colds. She said she used to do it and she found it to be effective, and the video claims that the people in the video lost anywhere from 25 to 300 pounds, but I skipped through it, and to be honest, it doesn't really look like a very strenuous workout. Sooooo.....anyone else here tried it? Is it much harder than it actually looks? I dunno...

And actually, if anyone knows of any aerobic videos they found to be effective, feel free to recommend something.

Thanks!

Shilo honey,

I haven't tried those but I have lost ~30lbs over the past year. Can I offer my 2c worth? If you can find some kind of cardio/aerobic exercise that you don't find too boring and you can commit to sticking with several times a week every week it'll help you to lose weight. It does not have to be extremely strenuous so long as it raises your pulse for an extended period. The key thing is doing it for a half hour or more several times a week and sticking with it. If this method works for you and you find you can keep it up, then go for it. Combined with a sensible diet, 5 servings of fruit and veg a day, less red meat, less sat fat, etc etc, (all that stuff we know we are supposed to do but most of us find hard.) you can lose weight. I remember seeing those videos advertised years ago and I can believe they will offer enough actual exercise to be effective.

For me, I get really bored with any kind of indoor exercise so I power walk several times a week for 3 or 4 miles each session. My dog now hates me (he'd rather stay on the couch) but it works for me.

Kay

xx

Guest Robin Winter

I would be ecstatic if I could lose somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds. The workout on this video is just shy of 1 hour, so who knows, maybe it does work.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I think his goal was to create a fun, low intensity workout video that people could do every day and just enjoy themselves while getting some exercise at the same time. I also hear Richard Simmons still does a Sweatin' to the Oldies class in LA.

..that video sounds all hokey to me, so instead I bought the Carmen Electra striptease workout video. (at Walmart of all places!) I hope I don't need 6" heels for it.