Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolyn Marie

Article: The Difficulty In Finding An Accepting Place of Worship

Carolyn Marie   
Carolyn Marie

A good, thoughtful article on the current situation, at least in Texas. It think the points are valid anywhere.

http://blog.chron.com/sacredduty/2011/12/transgender-religious-experience/

Carolyn Marie

JenniferB   
JenniferB

I like the article but the comments show ignorance and intolerance. We still have a long way to go.

Jenny

Guest Karen K   
Guest Karen K

Carolyn,

My Christian belief is one of the reason I put off transitioning for so long. Now that I've overcome my fear and realize that God loves me for who I am, I am now afraid of coming out to my Pastor and church. I attend a United Methodist Church in my home town and consider it my spiritual home. I participate in the chior and the praise team.

As I approach RLE, I realize I must reviel my trueself to everyone eventually. My plan, as far as my church, is to approach my Pastor first. I pray that the church will be considerate of my soul. Afterall, 1 Samuel 16:7 says: "the Lord seeth not as man seeth for a man looketh on the outward appearrance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

This will be very trying for me, but it is something I must address, for the sake of my soul and spiritual well being.

Laura Jane

Guest Szenzie   
Guest Szenzie

Good find! Religion has been on my mind a lot today. I actually wrote about it in my blog today.

Even though the person is in sin, the transsexual is still a person in need of full redemption, love, grace, and kindness.”
:doh1: [insert sarcasm here]
Jesus tells us in the Bible that the most important commandments are to love God and love everyone else” he said, “If more churches taught their congregations how to truly follow those commandments, Christianity would have a much better public image and would more closely follow the faith system taught by Jesus.”
Amen.

Ugh. Some of those comments at the bottom are so hateful. I don't have the bandwidth to deal with that in person.

VickySGV   
VickySGV

Christianity definitely has some housecleaning to do before we TG's become as ordinary as church on Sunday and where we belong, which is anywhere in our churches we wish to be or feel we are called to be.