• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A First For Everything -- Hot Rollers

VickySGV

• Admin

Folks have been after me to use hot rollers on my hair to give it some body. This afternoon, I decided to Bite The Bullet and try them out. Ok, I have about another ten minutes before I think I am cooked, but if there is anything to make me re-consider this transition thing, these are it. About curler number three, I think I got the secret, which is to separate the hair layers with a rattail comb and curl from the top of the head down. This one has the clips that go over the curler that you have to preheat along with the roller, --sigh, -- but these darn things are heavy and I stil have a few places that I now see did not get rolled up, not to mention one that is pulling at an odd angle and hurts a bit, but its in the dead middler of a clump of them.

OK, I type slow enough that I think they are all room temperature, which at the minute is a bit chilly, so I get to see the damage I did before I finish this post.

------------

I did not scalp myself getting them out, and I do have some curl and body that doesn't look too bad, All of the rollers are accounted for, first degree burns have all subsided, now if I can get up the nerve to post the pictures in my gallery--- Yeah I did do web cam analysis of before and after, but I think there is a rule against posting anything too gruesome and horrifying for young children somewhere that I can use for a reason not to.

The things we do when we transition. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum Moderator

Out of kindness I am sparing you all the hot roller horror stories from my flip side past.

None are as bad as my curling iron story. It involves not looking where I was sitting when naked getting ready for work one morning. I still have a scar but fortunately never have to look at it

:)

May you only get better with your rollers and never know the nasty little surprises they are capable of. It's been so many years maybe they have ironed out the wrinkles.

And I also want pics

Hugs

Johnny

• 5 months later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

My mom uses hot rollers and they do look time consuming having to seperate hair and roll it down and clamp it. It shows what lengths women will go through for gorgeous curls. Kudos to you for having the patience and determination to do that! (I'd have given up about half way through)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• Adrianna Danielle
    • phys
    • Mmindy
    • Charlize
    • KymmieL
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Chaidoesart
    Newest Member
    Chaidoesart

1. **Angela Charlotte **
      **Angela Charlotte **
    2. Carlie
      Carlie
      (63 years old)
    3. Cbxshawn
      Cbxshawn
      (49 years old)
    4. HannahO
      HannahO
      (31 years old)
    5. JustKatie
      JustKatie
      (40 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Good morning all,    It’s a frosty morning here the lawn looks silvery, and the uncovered spring flowers have icy edges on their leaves. The only flower bed I covered was my tulips. As nice as it is here during the day, our clear wind free nights allow the temperatures to drop into the mid twenties. Here in our growing zone it’s recommended that you not plant delicate plants until Mother’s Day. Central Indiana can have snow as late as the third week of May. The birds are active at the feeders, I’ve had my cup of yoghurt and morning meds. So I’ll sit here, drink coffee and watch the as the sunrise chases the frost from the yard.    @awkward-yet-sweet I could eat black eyed peas as a side for every meal. Boil them plain or with fatback. Served as a leftover, just add in a little Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.  Make the best of your day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Mirrabooka
      I hope y'all look at this one. A catchy tune released at the end of Covid lockdown. Scarlett is so cute!!!     
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      Had a weird dream last night.
    • Mirrabooka
      Morning, y'all. Evening here; we had the regulation three mugs full today. Now it's time to drink something else.     No big plans here either, eldest daughter and granddaughter will be arriving on Saturday, and we will have our granddaughter to ourselves for a week after that. We still have plans though. Tuesday we'll go to the swim center, Wednesday we'll take a road trip to visit my mom, Thursday we'll get some mulch delivered to top up the gardens.   I still make other small plans on a daily basis though. The things I do plan nowadays, which is a bit new for me, is that after pinching a nerve and ending up in a bit of pain and getting some treatment from the physio, I am more motivated than ever to exercise more regularly. Tuesday for example, I went for a short (15 minute) early morning walk, went to the pool for some hydrotherapy, and mowed the lawns. Yesterday I did my exercise reps and spent some time on the exercise bike. Today, I went for a 45-minute walk, tomorrow I will do my reps again and go for a long bike ride. As long as I do at least one thing every day, right? The pleasing thing is that I'm losing weight! I blew out to above 95kg early in the year and I'm just under 91kg now. Yay me!
    • Heather Shay
      What one piece of advice would you give to beginning transitioners or considering transition?
    • Heather Shay
      Positive side of the mixed bag.
    • Heather Shay
      Boredom is an emotional state that comes when a person has nothing to do, and is not interested in anything. To stop boredom, most people do something to occupy or amuse themselves. The first known use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, but the saying to be a bore had been used to mean "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768. When referring to the mind, boredom is a bad state in which the person feels a deep lack of interest in what is going on around them, and where it is hard to focus.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
      ^ Your story gives inspiration to others.
    • April Marie
      Growing stronger and confident every day.
    • April Marie
      So, yesterday's epiphany was that girl jeans fit me much nicer than boy jeans. Well, duh! So this girl is switching over to wearing girl jeans pretty much full time. I'll keep my others for work jeans. We went out to dinner last evening and I was in androgynous mode...wearing a pair of Bandolino Amy straight leg denim pants. Score!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.