Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Tom-ato

Please help me

Guest Tom-ato   
Guest Tom-ato

Ok I've got this friend that's a MTF and she is really nice, she is the only friend I really trust and she helps me out ALL the time. Can anyone please tell me some ideas just to get her to realize I'm there for her.

Thanks,

Tom-ato

Guest musicalice   
Guest musicalice

Absolute number 1: treat her as the lady she feels she is. Correct name, correct pronouns, obviously (but you're doing that already, so thank you!), but also e.g. open doors for her, if you ever find out she's going through a tough time be there with hugs and sympathy. Do for her what she does for you, and let her know how much you appreciate it.

... i don't know what else to suggest without knowing more about you, but hopefully that will give you some ideas. It really is the most wonderful thing when someone recognises the person within, after she's been hiding for so long; that is the single best thing to happen to me. It looks like you've done well on that front already, so thank you! Otherwise, we're just women who like being friends, there must be lots of info on the net for letting your friends know they're appreciated :)

Guest John Chiv   
Guest John Chiv

Just be her friend and be there for her. And treat her like the woman she is and like you would any woman you care about. True friendship and building trust over time is what we all need

John