Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Theosphir

Totems

7 posts in this topic

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have a totem animal?

Mine is the wolf.

I have several :)

Cat, Fox, Hedgehog and Raven.

Wolf and Tiger have in the past been totems for me, but they gave me what I needed and now they've moved on, for now anyway.

Most of my life it has been the wolf. Last few years the bear has entered my life and at a few times the snake has made a few apearences as well.

Guess mine would be the Tiger.

Born in the year of the Tiger

Born in the month of the Tiger

Sagitarious is also the zodiac sign of the Tiger.

/Love

Valerie

Oops! Just saw this one!

YES!

Fox, Wolf, and Raccoon have been with me for years.

My super strong connection to fox spirit is why I chose Fox as my last name!

I'm concerned about this thread. I don't know if we're misusing the word totem. Maybe the original poster knows enough about totems to start this thread.

For me personally, I wouldn't want to blasphemously call something a totem when it is really just my favourite animal or one that I had a single isolated dream about.

Sorry for being such a party pooper but when I lack reliable information I prefer to be careful.

mine would probably be the Phoenix. Even though it is more of a mythical creature, this is definitely my totem.

"It is described as a bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again"