• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

god makes no mistakes....

Guest eliza.d

Guest eliza.d

hi everyone. im new here. im a 33 yo mtf tg.

god makes no mistakes. it was no mistake that i was born a woman trapped in a mans body. thru years of prayer, i firmly believe the reason i was made this way was but a test. a test by god to see if i would choose truth, the truth of my spirit, the woman inside, or the facade/ lie of the flesh. i chose truth. the truth of who i have known i was all my life. for years, i was afraid to show myself mainly because i knew my fam would attack me. i was right. attack they have and without mercy. i come from the southeast, in the bible belt. i have always been a person of intense faith. but i do not believe god condemns me even as he made me this way. my fam all threw the bible at me and pulled out all the stops in their futile attempts to destroy me. after the initial siege they layed upon me they have all but realized that i am a force to be reconned with. especially with the lord by my side and in my heart. i have emerged victorious and unshaken in my resolve to follow my path of truth that god has set before me to follow.

i am Eliza.......never underestimate a woman. especially one that has been imprisoned by others insecurities and judgement.

god bless us all, merry christmas,

Eliza D

Guest John Chiv

Eliza,

Excellent post. I agree God makes no mistakes. I was created by him to be a man. At birth, my body was different but that did not change who I am. I believe who I am to be a blessing. And I cannot sum up all of why I believe so in a post but these are a few things I believe. God loved me so much that he knew I would not forsake him just because my body did not express my spirit and my soul and that he knew I had the strength to believe in myself despite what I was told.

I am my kind of man and I do not take the responsibility of being a man lightly. I don't claim it with privilege or entitlement because of a body part. And God wants people to see through you and me what the core of being a man and woman really is--I hope by my life to make HIM proud.

It is not God that tests us but this world because you have defeated them, because you are both a woman and a woman of God.

John

• Admin

Thank you for this thread, Eliza. You are very well spoken, and from what i can tell, I just know that your family does indeed know where you stand.

I am sorry for you about your family's attitude, and hope that some day they come to accept you for who you are, even if they never do truly understand.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest harvester52

Amen, Eliza!

I have discovered this same truth. God makes no mistakes. It warms my heart to see fellow trans people who haven't given up on God. He is our loving Father, and with Him by our side, nothing is impossible!

I am sorry your family reacts so harshly, but with the strength of Christ, you have persevered. Keep it up. :)

- BC

Guest eliza.d

god bless you all. i am happy to hear that im not the only one that feels that we are loved by god, and our choice to break free of our assigned bodies does not condemn us. after all, is it not the spirit that ascends to heaven and our bodies that return to the earth?

god bless the human spirit,

Eliza D

Guest OutOfSorts180

Eliza, I also thank you for your post.

Absolutely God makes no mistakes. That's not to say we don't screw things up, but if we trust in him somehow, he always rights things.

And...if you don't mind if I put a slightly different twist to this --- when I was born, my spirit was definitely female, but...I think I was born in the right male body because that's what God wanted for me initially. As you said, God makes no mistakes, so he wanted me in my male body for a reason --- and for me personally, I think it was to get married and have kids. And since I'm Asian, it's important to have a male to continue the family name. Well God blessed me with one of my kids being a son, especially since my brother doesn't have any boys. And now God is ready for me to become my true self!

God's blessing back at you.

Guest Robin Winter

I think in some ways we are blessed, at that. I certainly have a greater capacity for compassion and understanding since I learned to accept myself.

I love this thread - Eliza you have prompted me to bring back my favorite term for our condition as I have long felt that the current terms such as transsexual lead the average person to the wrong conclusions as to what this is all about.

I like the term Gender Gifted, a friend from outside of this site used it when she was first helping me to understand my condition.

God makes no mistakes and he does not test or punish anyone - we do that on our own - allow yourself to see the gifts from our condition, a better understanding of people in general and a lot of compassion - we see it here everyday.

In the end it is all about love, God's love for all of us.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest eliza.d

amen, the lord has delivered me me from suffering and death many times. when i was 18, i got sick with guillain barre syndrome, aka french polio. basically my antibodies malfunctioned and began to attack my nerve endings causing severe and nearly total paralysis. it was frightening to be going into the hospital at age 18, notknowing if i would emerge again. i went thru intense pain thru treatment, but i faced it with determination and positive thought. and lots of prayer. the scariest part, was the possibility that i might die physically still trapped in the body of a man, without ever really living at all. thanks to god, i was cured and rehabilitated, but unfortunately i kept up the facade of self deception for another 15 years. i had faith that god would let me know when the time was right to come out. that is why he sent me the angel that is my wife. she is the only person on earth i could trust, to come out to.

there is purpose in all things god does, no matter how difficult it is for us to comprehend at times. there are no coincidences in life, only clue. between the lord god, my wife, master yoda, and mr. miyagi i have lerned many valuable lessons. and of course by listening to myself as well.

my girl, myself, has been crying in pain all along for me to save her. i could not. i had not the strength or courage. but the lord himself intervened and she has been saved. i have been saved. i am Eliza. i have always been Eliza. i will forevermore be Eliza.

i gotta get some tissues.....

god bless you all, the love of the lord is with us all. my love is with you all.

always,

Eliza D.

Guest cassie51

For many years I was angry with God. I thought he had played a very cruel joke on me. After much reflection I am coming to terms with the Lord again. I don't think it was a joke anymore but I'm still not certain what the reason is I am the way I am. I'm hoping in time it will be revealed to me.

Merry Christmas all,

{{HUGGS}}

Cassie

Guest eliza.d

imho, the only way to know what gods will is for your life, and what his purpose was in making you this way is prayer. i felt like he was playing a cruel joke on me as well, and found out thru years of prayer over this, that it was no joke at all. it was intentional.

some of us, the lord makes work harder for our gifts, remeber with every blessing comes varying amounts of responsibility. i think that he chose us, tg's, because he wanted us to be leaders, in this world.

look at what laura has done with her victory and journey, and she had the fight of her life, what a blessing her victory has become for us.

god chose us because we are fighters, we are willing to fight to the death to survive.

we have to fight much harder to get what others are born with. but i believe, in the end, we appreciate it more than most. the ones that dont realize how lucky they are to not have had to suffer as we have with this....tans-situation.

not to sound to grandiose, but thats where i stand on that. hope it helps,

dominus vobiscum,

Eliza D.

Guest OutOfSorts180

imho, the only way to know what gods will is for your life, and what his purpose was in making you this way is prayer.

Eliza: I totally agree with you that we have to pray. While he may not always answer our prayers the way we want or we may "interpret" things wrong, we still need to pray.

i felt like he was playing a cruel joke on me as well, and found out thru years of prayer over this, that it was no joke at all. it was intentional.

It's definitely easy to "blame" God and say that he is cruel, but he really isn't. As you said, he has a purpose. We just need to be receptive to it.

some of us, the lord makes work harder for our gifts, remeber with every blessing comes varying amounts of responsibility. i think that he chose us, tg's, because he wanted us to be leaders, in this world.

look at what laura has done with her victory and journey, and she had the fight of her life, what a blessing her victory has become for us.

Amen!

...but i believe, in the end, we appreciate it more than most. the ones that dont realize how lucky they are to not have had to suffer as we have with this....trans-situation.

Double Amen to that!

Guest eliza.d

ok, heres the next round. now that ive lost my whole biofam, my wife's family is beginning to Start in one me, and you guessed it, with none other than scripture quotations from the bible.

im not going to waste me time defending myself to them. my wife has stood up to them and said that her marriage is her business and for them to leave it at that.

so they are starting in on me instead.

first wave, her grandmother of 86. i have missed her calls accidentally, but listen to her voice mails.

shes quoting leviticus and saying that it is a sin for a man to lay with a man, and for a woman to lay with a woman.

doesnt it say also in leviticus, that we are forbidden to eat creatures that feed on the bottom of the ocean? well i guess all those shrimp she loves, and flounder, and catfish( all bottomfeeders, catfish freshwater tho).

is not that as great a sin according to leviticus and the scripture?

im very spiritual, and christian also, but i cant believe how people have bent the will of god to meet their needs....like in this case making my wife and i get a divorce.

i think i read somewhere in the bible, " let no man put asunder what god has joined together....in holy matrimony".

guess she forgot about that one too.

oh well, im no scripture expert, but im solid in my personal relationship with god.

and in my life of truth.

you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink.

i led my bio family to the water, but theyre dying of dehydration and blaming me for it.... so to speak. at least i made the effort. oh well.

love and hugs,

Eliza

Guest John Chiv

Eliza,

You are a strong woman and you will survive. They are not ready to listen and that is their choice. Just stay safe and I am glad being here is helping you.

They forget the most important commandment that we need to follow before anything else. "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself." It is not for them to judge you or how you live your life. You are living the principles in action, and not selectively. They cannot see past the gender identity and see you as Christ created you. Only when they listen to God, will their eyes be opened.

God Bless you.

John

Guest OutOfSorts180

Eliza:

Following is a link to a page that is associated with "Pastor Pam." It addresses the scriptures that your wife's family is trying to throw at out, including the Leviticus passage you quoted.

http://lffforall.org/id4.html

You'll find that many of the passages that are thrown out there are taken out of context or just plain interpreted incorrectly.

In any case, I think you'll find the "read" both very interesting and enlightening.

My best to you. And you and everyone else here knows that God loves you (and us). Hang in there!

Guest Karen K

Eliza,

For many years I fought against transition as I feared God would hate or punish me. I prayed from deliverance from this "curse". I came to a realization that this wasn't going away, that I had to do something. So I prayed mightily. The answer came to me: Transition, God loves me.

My younger brother has indeed condemned me for religious reasons. He has said,"If you continue down this dark path you will not be allowed to associate with me or my family. But I read the bible daily and I know From Jesus, that Gods' second greatest Commandment is "to love one another"

Also,....."The Lord Seeth not as man seeth, for a man looketh on the outward appearence, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

God knew me before I was in the womb, not as male or female, but rather He knew my spirit, my soul, and that is good. In the end, "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Far as many of you as have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galations 3: 26-28

I feel a greater relationship with the Lord, than ever before. I am free to be me with Him by my side or leading the way.

Thank you Eliza, I needed this and it needed to be said. Praise be to God the Most High!

Laura Jane

• Admin

I am not a complete literalist as far as the Bible goes, and look at the scenarios and events "on the ground" so to speak in context with other things that were likely to have been going on. In one sense, we are people of both Christ's Transfiguration, and also of his resurrection in a very real sense. Our first realization of ourself and coming out to others is a transfiguring experience that others see and can wonder at, because we, like Christ take on a special radiance that effects others around us. Some cannot bear to look at us and their sight is confused and brains a little short on function (as Peter pulled off), but others can see our changes in a holy way.

Our final transition is a dying to our former selves to be given a ressurected body that we have cleansed and changed by our death experience. Our new bodies (and I am not referring to surgery here) are capable of showing the greatest reality and joy in creation. Christ was given his body for God's purpose, salvation, but first destruction and death. Ours too may have some of purpose of Christ's, and our lives too can show others how to change their lives for love and acceptance.

Guest eliza.d

amen to that, very well put. very nice deep interpretation. ive always been a deep thinker to.

im beginning to love my resurrected body, as you say. as i begin to go thru transition. beginning to go full time, is also helping me immensely.

Eliza

Guest Angelgrlsue

Amen sister!! This is exactly what I declared in front of the congregation at my church when I joined. They are a liberal United Church Of Christ church. I just said I am a transgender woman and God makes no mistakes.

Susan

Guest eliza.d

we live in south carolina, and it may take awhile to find a church that will accept me. im orig from southeast georgia and the retaliation ive encountered is indicative of the misunderstanding and lack of exposure to us. unlike in other parts of the us, peoe are shocked easily by what they dont see often and dont understand, not to generalize, but thats mostly what ive seen of this area being born and raised in the south. its getting better, but at church, ironically, in this area, you find a lot of discrimination and judgement. usually motivated by a misunderstanding of gods law, word, and will.

i wont let it get me down. theres are church for me, just have to f III nd it.

god bless,

Eliza D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wxtracker

Here’s how I look at it. I was given a male body, but I feel a little more like a female than a male. I find it a blessing that I have a male body. If I had been born female, I would just be living my life and taking my feminine personality for granted. But because I was born in a male body, my female personality gets emphasized, and I’ve developed an appreciation and value for it that I never would have known had I been born a female.