• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Underdressing

Guest Mellissawi

Guest Mellissawi

Hi girls,

I am not new to crossdressing, but I am fairly new to underdressing. It is the cold season here in WI and I figured it would be a good time to start because under my winter cloths no one would notice. I started out by wearing leggings, besides feeling nice the do help keep me warm. Recently I added my panties to the mix. Next will be a bra.

How many others underdress and what is your favorite items to wear. The other question I have is what do you do about doctor visits and trips to the gym.

Any comments would be a great help.

Hello Melissa. Welcome to Laura's.

If I understand you correctly, I'll say I sometimes (once a week?) spend sometime wearing stockings or thigh-highs and panties under my "guy" clothes. I'd be too worried about being found out to wear a bra under male clothes (I'm well and truly in the closet).

If you are "out" I don't suppose it matters what you wear to a doctor visit. If you are not, I would not see the point in wearing female underthings to a doctors appt. but that's just me. Same for the gym.

Anyway, you do whatever feels right for you hon'.

Hugs

Kay

xx

Guest jonilace

I have only underdressed out, never totally dressed. I like to wear stockings and garters, panties and a cami top. hard to get a read on these items from a look or quick touch.

• 1 month later...
Guest candicd

Mellissa,

I underdress every day. I only wear panties and no more "tightie whities". The gym at work has been no problem for me because of my hours it's not very busy so changing is not a problem. Yesterday there were a few other guys in the lockerroom with me when I got out of the shower. I put my panties on right there and then my pants. They never looked up. I don't think most men want to get caught "sneeking a peek".

As for stockings and garter, that is for days I am not doing the gym. It just would not me practical trying to not get caught changing. Also, after my workout and shower I am still hot (in many ways) and putting on stockings would just make that worse. As Kay said, there is no way I would wear a bra under my man clothes.

Blessings,

-Candi

Guest rikkicd64

Mellissa,

Like Candi,I underdress everyday,I wear pantys and knee high hose all the time,I wear a slip under some of my skirts,I wear a bra sometimes,though I find them uncomfortable at times. I have worn a bra under my mens western shirts,I think one has to go with what is comfortable and where one goes.My dr. knows I'm a crossdresser and has no probem.

I guess I love that femme part of myself more than realize.

Good luck....

Rikki...

Guest Elizabeth K

Grin - old crossdresser here. I loved wearing pantyhose all the time, under my jeans and pants, under my male drab socks - except in the hot weather. They seem to make your clothes fit better and give your tired ole legs support. They also make you feel feminine. The key is to find a brand, style, and size that fit exactly. Constantly having to perform wardrobe corrections SUX (and can out you).

That said? Ha! NOW? I am full time and settled in to my everyday dressing - I rarely wear pantyhose except when it is cold. Why? I LOVE the feel of the wind on my legs when it runs up under my skirt or dress - delicious! (naughty thoughts)

Lizzie

Mellissa you are an inspiration I have been underdressing more since reading your post. I am always en femme at home and have let the winter hide my bra on several outings.

huga rita

Guest *Charlotte P*

Underdressing is my main outlet, it's panties 24/7, sports bras or really thin bralette's under tshirts as it's rarely cold her in Fl. Sometimes garters and stockings when I feel like it or for more formal occasions. Pantyhose when it does get cold, love leggings for that too. I also have female tank tops i wear under shirts all the time, love the softer cotton.

Gym is in the house so no biggie, when I did go to a regular gym, it was a different story. Doctor visits are up to you, I know many girls that have worn panties and other items to Dr.s offices, and have heard nothing but good responses as Dr.'s are very professional. I feel it is up to you to make that decision.

In years of wearing thongs and garter belts and stockings under normal mens clothes, no one notices, so wear whatever you feel like wearing. The only person who has ever know I was wearing a garter belt was my wife, and she just loves feeling the straps going to the top of the stockings....

Guest kimberly c

Hi Girls, I underdress everyday always panties, sometimes pantyhose, a bra and cami. If its a special night stockings

and a pretty garter belt. The best feeling in the world is wearing pretty lingerie.

Love Kim

Guest PauletteX

I have only undressed with panties, although I wear womens's shorts and slacks fequently, to the pool, which is like the gym. When I was there I made sure to take off my shorts and panties at the same time, to minimize detection. Most males look another direction when with others who are changing clothes, so if you don't look suspicous, you will pass. Just go fast and deliberate in action! I would not attempt a bra, and definitely neither not at the doctors office!

PauletteX

• Forum Moderator

Hi Melissa and girls,

I am a long time under dresser myself, it all started when I was a kid well over 40 years ago, back then I used to borrow my Mom's and sister's clothes a lot to under dress with. Sometimes I would take hikes under dressed to a remote area, where I could shed the outer clothes and just feel free in my girl clothes, what's a kid to do back in the 70's ? Now what can I say I am a transitioning MTF however still not full time. Panties always (I don't use male underwear), tights are great for walks on cold days, camisoles, sport bras and soft cup bras are just fine most everyday. My favorite items for under dressing have to be body suits and leotards. They just feel awesome, and keep my growing girls smooth under a loose shirt. They are also good for doing yard work, working my firewood piles, and gardening, they don't ride up doing the work. I am at the point where my obligatory male mode presentation = loose flannel shirt and a ball cap, the rest is all girl.

Hugs

Cindy -

• Forum Moderator

To answer the last two questions, Dr Visits. I am called Cynthia and female pronouns by the receptionist, nurse and doctor. Last time I had a male nurse, who checked my BP before the doctor came, I thought this might be ackward, but he was very cool with me, and turns out we were both muscians and did not even talk about my clothes. My doctor expects female under garments when she checks me out, asking me to remove my bra so she can have a look, etc....

I don't use a gym myself, I do 5 mile walks most everyday, and core training at home.

Cindy -

Guest LorieAnne

I can remember the last time I wore boxers....

Its panties and cute socks for me everyday.

I have worn them to the doctor even.

Last summer I was riding my scooter home and wrecked. Well, I was really tore up and needed lots of stitches on my knee ( my legs are Even hotter with the cool knee scars, it's all how ya look at it) anyhow, I had to go the emergency room and what have you and as I am everyday, I was underdressed. Well, my normal doc knows I am trans but these er docs? They don't know anything about me. Well, needless to say I worried over nothing. The medical field seems to be one place where things like being Trans or crossdresser are moot.

Theses days, I don't really care about where or what people think or see.

I just know I love myself and that others people's thoughts are none of my business.

Guest rikkicd64

I can remember the last time I wore boxers....

Its panties and cute socks for me everyday.

I have worn them to the doctor even.

Last summer I was riding my scooter home and wrecked. Well, I was really tore up and needed lots of stitches on my knee ( my legs are Even hotter with the cool knee scars, it's all how ya look at it) anyhow, I had to go the emergency room and what have you and as I am everyday, I was underdressed. Well, my normal doc knows I am trans but these er docs? They don't know anything about me. Well, needless to say I worried over nothing. The medical field seems to be one place where things like being Trans or crossdresser are moot.

Theses days, I don't really care about where or what people think or see.

I just know I love myself and that others people's thoughts are none of my business.

Great post LorieAnne,like you,I've come to love myself and that is all that matters.Your positive,upbeat attitude is inspiring,thanks.

Rikki..... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brendastevens

I do underdress on occasion, but not everyday. It depends on the time of year, if it is cooler and I'll be wearing a jacket or coat, I will underdress completely with a bra, panties, slip, and a garterbelt and nylons or thigh hi's. I have even gone so far as to wear a dress under it all. But generally, when I underdress, I usually am wearing a pair of panties, sometimes two pair of panties, nylons and often a slip if it can be hidden under my top.

Brenda

Guest Sarah1967

I have Boyshorts, hipsters, bikini's thongs I wear everyday under my Jeans which are Girls Jeans and I wear girls tank tops everyday under my shirts an a sports bra and when it is cold I wear tights under my jeans. I don't even own any mens underware an t shirts ,men's jeans anymore, The girls jeans are hiphugger nothing fancy plain pockets an no one ever notice's them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wendae

Underdressing is a great stress reliever when you can't be dressed 24/7. I've done it for 62 years in one extreme or another. I never felt the need to wear a bra and still find them uncomfortable. I only wear them when fully dressed. Lately I wear more external fem attire like pull overs, jeans,high heel boots, jewelery, nail polish, some makup.

Guest josrphine

Hi melissa ,I am a retired Lineman from Connecticut, durning the winter when it was really cold we wore Panties hose to wick away the moisture away from our skin into the cotton long johns so for me it was great, some tried to hide it but we all knew. Living with a great women here in Florida an I under dress an dress as much as I want. JO

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Augi - PS90

So epic moments for us. We were heading down to Texas for our little sister's graduation from USAF Basic Training. On the way down there, We underdressed with a simple black sports bra and panties, under a pair of cargo pants and a polo shirt. Went through airport security like that. not a bloody word from security, even after that d**n scanner too!

So all this junk leads up to the big day of graduation, that's when it gets even better. I show up with family, I'm dressed in my Full Service Dress Uniform. All crisp and 'manly', yet unbeknownst to those around me, a set of bra and panties is also being worn. Just absolutely epic.

Did it again on the flight back to hawaii, again no comment from the TSA, I'm not sure they're doing thier jobs right...maybe they are...not sure.

Here's to more of these! :D

Guest *Charlotte P*

Actually, TSA is a very well versed group when it comes to dealing with us. They are very professional and I have never heard of an incident caused by them making a scene with any of us..though I only speak from my experiences and what I have read here. Others may have heard differently..

Guest Hollie W

i wear wet look leggings and a mini top under my clothes sometimes. Yes leggings keep me warm and the top makes me feel like I am wearing a bra even though I am not. I'd say wear what you can without it showing, that's the important thing.

• Forum Moderator

Actually, TSA is a very well versed group when it comes to dealing with us. They are very professional and I have never heard of an incident caused by them making a scene with any of us..though I only speak from my experiences and what I have read here. Others may have heard differently..

TSA creeps me out, they riffled through my panties and things, and they tore my shoe bag in my checked bag last time I flew a few weeks ago. I had to wash everything after getting home, it's like big brother in my lingerie, I am sure they have seen it all, and my stuff is no big deal, it's just creepy. I usually wear a camisole and panties when I go thru their scanners, no issues there.

C -

Guest Jan Jane

Underdressing is a major turn on and when I'm in "that" mode do so at work. I know one major issue is what do I do if I'm sick or injured and get taken to an ER or someone notices otherwise? Only time it happened to me was when my shirt tail came out while in middle of physical conflict and a coworker saw I was wearing a very feminine thong. (Hot pink with heart where strings meet in back) I told him I'd lost a bet on the last big football game where the loser had to wear panties for a week. Seemed to work.