• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

this community is inexpendable, irreplaceable, invaluable.....

Guest eliza.d

Guest eliza.d

i wasnt sure where to post this, so i put it here.

i want as many of us as possible, both mtf and ftm to see this.

in the short time i have been here, the support, advice, experience, inclusion, and kindness i have recieved here is astounding. i have gotten more love and understanding from all of you here than my family has ever given me in 33 years. the exception is my angelic wife whom i love with all that i am.

thank you all for all that you are, and the boundless generosity of spirit that has been given to me here.

you all are so beautiful. never let anyone tell you that you are not. bless the human spirit and its neverending quest for peace, happiness, and freedom.

hugs to all. never give up. never give in,

Eliza D

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Eliza.

Each of us here has come in pain and desperation and stayed because we found the things you have found here. We only give back what we ourselves were given.

The person who started all of this did it with a spirit of love and understanding and inclusion that has taken a life of it's own from that beautiful root and become a shelter and a lifeline beyond anyone's expectations. But it was that foundation in love that made it all possible to begin with I believe.

Life, for all it's hard and painful aspects, can also be amazing and beautiful. Nothing demonstrates that for me better than Laura's. I happen to be a very spiritual person and see this place as blessed.

I am glad you have joined us here to add your voice and your support. Each person who comes brings a unique gift and makes us stronger and more incredible than we already were.

Johnny

Guest eliza.d

amen, johnny.

god bless laura. we are very fortunate to have her. i read her bio and story, and cried for her suffering and cried also for her rebirth. she has given so much to us. now we have so much to give ourselves, and to give of ourselves so that others may survive and flourish.

Eliza D

• Admin

Thank you, Eliza. In the short time you've been here, you've made a big contribution. I look forward to a long and fruitful collaboration. It's members like you who make this place what it is.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest eliza.d

thanks, im going to be very active in here, its my main source of support, and helps with the loneliness out here on the open road.

always faithful.....and usually long winded,

Eliza

Guest John Chiv

Eliza,

I assure you that reading your posts is wonderful. And many of us can be long-winded too :). Your spirit is joyous and like Carolyn said, you are contributing and we are grateful to have you here.

John

• Forum Moderator

I clam the long winded prize! No matter how hard I try I end up putting up mini books and walls of texts. Don't even want to imagine what it would be like if I wasn't trying. I went back the other day to read one my early posts and just gave up. Even I couldn't get through that thing:)

I've thought your posts were just right.

Happy Holiday's all!

Johnny

Guest Lacey Lynne

Eliza:

Face it, girl:

You've so found your crew!

You are one of us now, babes. You are so family, so get comfortable, get posting and get happy. You're home, honey, you ... are ... HOME!

This place so gives us what we so need. Our differences notwithstanding, Laura's Playground affords each and every one of us with the love, safety and understanding we ALL so need. Laura, Mary Ellen and Petra Jane intended to provide a kinder, gentler transsupport site to prevent suicides. They have resoundingly done so.

Please, do stop buy as your circumstances and your spirit so move you to.

Happy Holidays :friends: Lacey Lynne

Guest cassie51

Hi Eliza,

I am always joyous when a new member join's Laura's and they describe their feelings of "coming home". I have those feelings that you described too about being here. I literally would not be alive today if I had not found my way here. Laura's and the people that make up the community are a godsend.

I'm so happy your path brought you to us and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on many subjects.

Peace, Love & {{HUGGS}}

Cassie

Guest eliza.d

ive always been very family oriented. despite my entire family's cowardly departure from my life, i am very honored to have a new family here. and a much more diverse, intelligent, caring, supportive, and dedicated than my old one. i anticipate there will be a few stragglers returning to my life from my biological family. and they will be welcomed back. thats me, forgiving but stalwart on my principles.

i think we can agree, we all are much more than our biology has told us we are.

we are victorious! we are strong! we are numerous! we are ourselves, and we are loved!

Eliza D

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to the family. I'd be proud to welcome you as a daughter of the heart or a little sis.

Your forgiveness and beauty of spirit are qualities I very much admire

Johnny

Guest eliza.d

as do i admire your qualities and all those of my new family of the heart spirit here in this wonderful place laura created and so many like youself have made into the place of respite and sanctitude for each and evry one of us that sadly we more often than not are unable to find in our biological families and a world the does not understand us.

some magical person here had a wonderful quote in their signature saying that the torch that we hold and use to light our way also may serve to light the way for others that would follow us. that is a great analogy for what lauras playground has done for us as we follow the light that led her to be delivered from her suffering, so shall we be delivered from our suffering.

my sincere apology for plagiarising that beautiful quote without remembering who its author is. i that it very appropriate to state it here.

such love and understanding have all of you bestowed upon me, so shall it be returned in kind from my heart unto yours and each person that i may help by this gift.

our conditions are indeed just that, gifts. may we light the way here as well in our daily lives so that by what ever small measure of understanding we may give unto this world that does not understan us, so that one day it may understand. this gift of our truth that we give unto the world is not insignificant. it iz our fight for peace and survival so that all may live in peace and happiness and not be judged and persecuted for their differences, but live as they see fit with equality and love.

Truth, honor, service, justice, and freedom.

this truth and freedom is our divine right, human right, civil right and constitutional right.

may the world around us begin to understand, accept, protect, and welcome us. as woe do likewise for them in our crusade for justice and freedom of the human spirit.

Love always,

Eliza D

• Forum Moderator

The funny thing is that the quote is mine and someone -with my blessing-borrowed it for a signature line.

It makes me feel good that it has rippled out and you are also welcome to use it. In fact I am not possessive of my words-feel free to take anything you want if you come across something again.

It has been a down day-we all have them sometimes-and this has brought a much needed smile-Thanks

And thank you for your beautiful post.

Johnny

Guest eliza.d

ive had a lot of so down days, but im on my way home to be with my wife for christmas.

tomorrow, i have my next psych appt, and my first appt with my hrt doc.

yeeeeaaah! im so happy. it will be about two weeks before the blood work comes back and i can begin hrt i can hardly wait. but patience is an aquired skill of mine. learned in the us army. hooah!

im locked and loaded. ready to rock!

Eliza D(ex abrahms tanker 19kilo, 1STplatoon, bravo company 2/81 armor. ft knox, ky)

Guest Krisina

I'm glad to see you have a angelic wife. Those are the best ones to have.

Congrats on getting to start hrt soon.

Yes Laura's is a great place of love and understanding. Families and the world can be bewildered by us out of a lack of ignorance etc. The human condition I'm not sure. I just wish more in the world would accept us as we are not the way they want all of us to be from the same cookie cutter pattern of conformity.

Krisina

Guest eliza.d

me too, now that i ve lost my whole bio fam, my wife's fam is beginning to start in on me. first by use of the word of the lord.

ill continue this in the christianity section,

thanks again,

Eliza

Guest Robin Winter

me too, now that i ve lost my whole bio fam, my wife's fam is beginning to start in on me. first by use of the word of the lord.

ill continue this in the christianity section,

thanks again,

Eliza

Cite Matthew 5:29,30 for them.

Guest eliza.d

yeeeeahhh! amen to that. " for it is better that you lose one of the parts of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

that is actually a quote straight from the mouth of Jesus in the bible. it doesnt get any more real than that.

i knew that one, but thanks for spotlighting its meaning to me. it is obvious to me:

we must change our bodies to match our spirit, or through self deception and denial of the truth we go to hell in entirity.

i have said to my bio fam, i have only one choice to make in this life as we do as christians: truth or death, that is, truth of the lord, or the eternal death of hell.

my life before gaining the courage to tell the world who i was, and ultimately myself, was just that, hell. but on earth. im sure we can all attest to that. i endured hell on earth, and it nearly destroyed me. i am not going to make the same mistake again, especially when i in reality face eternity in hell.

excellent quote!

i know my sisters and brothers here have got my back. and i have yours.

Eliza

Guest Robin Winter

There are other scriptures you can tie to that one to strengthen it's application to our position, but the idea that stands out best for me, even though not all churches subscribe to the concept, is that suicide is a one way ticket to the basement. Even if someone doesn't believe that, though, surely they would have to admit that suicide qualifies as "stumbling".

Guest eliza.d

yep i agree with the suicide sending you straight to hell. i hope however, thats not the case, since so many of us have leftr this world by their own hands. guess im kinda at odds about it really.

i do believe that the division among christianity, by denomination is now a good thing. i was raised southern baptist, and became a confirmed catholic in college...my moms side is staunchly catholic...but i did that for myself not for her. my wife was raised greek orthodox, since shes greek and since i was a confirmed catholic, the greek church recognized it and allowed us to be married. i liked the ceremony very much. the church was beautiful.

i have over the years come to the understanding that i can find god in every church, since i bring him with me. that is to say, god is with us always, so of course he comes to church with me.

we have been going to an associate reformed Presbyterian church in our town, not such still what a.r.p. means though. we go there only because the pastor is an amazingly good one. hes actually two years younger than me, but he is very spiritual and you can see it by his actions. i dont think we will be going there anymore, since the congregation is full of bigots. we are looking for a church that is tg friendly in our area. may have to go to charlotte, nc for that.O:-)

im almost back home for christmas, and my wife and i are going to go see the new sherlock holmes flic. cant wait to see r.downey jr in drag. lol!

maybe even hollywood is beginning to acknowledge us. dont know if it will be good or bad, but well see.

some of my fav tg,somewhat tg movies are: switch, let the right on in(orig swedish version), , normal, an d boys dont cry.

im a movie nut, and my wife and i are vampire fanatics. her first word as a baby was draculala.

if you havent seen let the right one in, original version. its a must. could be the best vamp film ever, and its tg related. the us remake, let me in, was ok.....but the tg element was taken out entirely.

typical isnt it.

Eliza

I just wanted to say that I think Laura's is fantastic as well. It has done and is doing so much for me in my own transition and it makes a lot of things a lot easier because you can come here and ask for advice from people who have actually gone through the same things.

It's a really great tool for getting in touch with other trans people who you wouldn't have come across otherwise. It's great because people here often understand your situation and your feelings better than many people you've known your whole life. All you people here are wonderful!

Even if it's something small you're just wondering about or something huge that really, really worries or upsets you, Laura's has help to offer and I think that is so amazing. It really makes a difference.

It also gives me an immediate feeling of strength and hope every time I jut sign in here because I instantly see and feel that I am not alone.

Go Laura's!! :thumbsup:

Talon.