Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mistygirl7

irritated

6 posts in this topic

It really irritates me that I can not have my legal name change until I move out. Which means I have to get my own insurance and phone plan (I pay my parents for those stuff). Which I would be OK with but I still don't make enough to support myself yet for an apartment. It just bothers me that still have my male name and don't even look like a male. With all my debt with school loan, bills, car, car insur, and phone put together I don't even have money for rents and utilities which sucks. So I'm out of luck and have no friends to live with either. I just got a new job so I'm really hoping to be making more money that my last job which I hated. My folks are not accepting. So I really need my own place and my name change. I know how to save but I had to use it recently so I really don't have much to help at all. Oh and plus i have my dog to take care of too. I'm just hoping for a change. Im not lazy it been tough not being able to find work for a year while in school and being able to pay for my hormones too.Thanks for letting me vent

Keep putting one foot in front of the other ..... steadily, things will get better.

Hugs to you Misty Girl!

I am some what in the same situation, Only now I have a place to stay I just need to get a better job I start seeing a therapist this weekend. I have a plan its just taking a lot of time to develop. I feel for you should. Hang in there it can only get better.

Mistygirl

It's getting harder and herder for young adults to be independent. School loans, the high cost of insurance and the lousy job market. I will probably have to carry my son on my health insurance until he is 26. I don't have a good answer to this question. When I started out, Jimmy Carter was President. We had double digit inflation 11 to 12 %, interest rates for homes was double digit as well 14% to 16%. And wait for it, unemployment was 10.8%, higher than today. Car loans were over 20%.We also had a country that wasn't 15 trillion dollars in debt and climbing higher. Same corrupt politicians getting paid off, now their kids are running the show. We also had our troubles with the Iranians back then. They haven't changed much. The biggest difference is the 49% drawing a living from the government. Good luck and hang in there. You will scratch and fight your way to success. Just be tenacious.

Kathryn

The best thing would be to wait but there is a temporary solution.

If you can afford a post office box, get one and have everything routed there. Then you can have your name changed and just "forget" to tell your parents. The reason I say it's temporary is at some point you will end up on someone's mailing list and junk mail with your female name will start showing up at your parent's address. If you can live with that, you could do it fairly soon. Think it through carefully before you decide.

It's a risk/reward balancing act.

I wish you all the best on whatever you decide.

Karen

Same boat here to some extent. To bad you aren't in Wisconsin, I'm looking to move out to because my folks aren't accepting of me.