• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Little Equals a Lot

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

What does that title mean? LOL!

It means that a little bit of weight loss can mean a BIG improvement in ones self image.

I had been steadily gaining weight over the summer and fall, and while I won't say what I topped out at, at 5'3" it doesn't take a lot to make me look 5 months pregnant. It's not a look that gave me any self confidence. I stopped wearing most of my dresses, and only wore tops that I could wear loose over my waist and stomach. I was acutely self conscience of my appearance.

So I started cutting my calorie intake and really watching what I ate and how much. I started walking more. I have arthritis in one knee and one hip, so jogging or too much walking was out of the question. So a few weeks ago I bought a recumbent exercise bike and have been working out 3-4 times a week.

It's starting to pay dividends finally. I'm down over five pounds from my max, my stomach is shrinking, and I'm feeling a lot better about myself.

I still have a long way to go - another 10 pounds at least, but I'm on the right track finally. By the spring, I have every intention of getting into that black print dress and a pencil skirt that's been hanging in my closet for a year.

A little goes a long way! :D

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

:thumbsup:

I'm proud of you and happy for you Carolyn!

Now I want a pic in that black print dress this spring -okay?

Hugs

Johnny

Guest Robin Winter

Good stuff! I'm looking to lose a few myself. I tried to convince my wife we should get an elliptical machine, but she's not on board yet, even though I have a connection through work for reconditioned professional equipment for much less than I would pay anywhere else :(

Guest Lacey Lynne

Heck, YEAH, Carolyn, honey!!!

Way to whip it on and rock on! Hey, I'm a Carolyn Marie fan and am cheering for you! Hey, I'll happily be a cheerleader for you!

You know what to do and how to do it, girl. Did you have to "do the academy" when you were a rookie? The principles they taught you there when you were young work for us at any age. Looks and self image aside, your health will improve too, and that's the biggie!

Peace Out :thumbsup::friends::thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

• 1 month later...

Way to go!

when I read that thread topic, the first thing I thought of was portion sizes. Any diet with too many "eat this no that" rules inevitably drives me to carbfest. Small portions, plus small ways to increase activity--like taking the stairs instead of the elevator--have helped me lose and maintain eight.