• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Love what I am Learning!

Guest Amanda Whyte

Guest Amanda Whyte

The more I read and learn the more excited I get. I always thought I would have to "fake it till I make it" being a female, and that whole time I would feel fake. I am now learning that some feminin actions/responses could come naturally as I transition. This is so exciting to me. So far I have learned that a person could possibly become more chipper, squeel more, and actually strat noticing guys. I am married and really love her so am not looking for another person but if I continue on this path and transition I want to carry on a conversation with a group of females and if it happens to talk about a cute guy then I want to see what they are thinking. Please let that counselor return my call next week!!!

ps. The counselor is how I found this sight. I was searching for a counselor, where I live, and the google search turned up a few names. I am waiting on a response to the one I found on this site, but that made me start reading this site. Wow is all I can say!!!

There is a certain feeling of exhilaration connected with finding out that a lifelong dream and need can be attained but never lose sight of the difficulties along the path.

I hope that you can get to see your therapist very soon.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Amanda Whyte

Intellectually I know, I have a long road ahead of me. Until I go to counseling, I am just keeping telling my family out of my thoughts. I will have to do that and that is just the beginning of the hardships I am sure. If I continue on the path I will have to come out at work too, and that will be hard in itself. Right now I am just going to ride the exhileration. :D

• Admin

There is definitely a feeling of excitement and anticipation that comes with all of this, Amanda. I can't blame you for feeling like you just stepped through Alice's looking glass. But Sally is right; it is not an easy path to walk, and we often say around here that transition isn't for sissies. As long as you are aware of the risks and the pitfalls, and keep a clear head, your journey should be a good one.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Amanda Whyte

I do think about it honest, and believe me, if I start thinking about it, I can get really upset. I am pretty sure this is NOT going to go over well with almost all of my family.