Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Paul_London

We're Getting Engaged

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

Been a while since I posted, but can't hide this any longer. As title says things are going so well in 3 1/2 months that we discussed getting engaged.

We met on a kinky / fetish site and since day 1 haven't had any secrets and openly discuss many aspects of our relationship.

So discussing getting engaged isn't unusual for us and by Valentines Day week I think I pop the question, although I think I know the answer.

We've also bought our own rings so we'd have exactly want we wanted.

With regards to setting date for the big day I've said if we get engaged then the wedding won't happen for few years so we can plan & save.

Also on the cards maybe this year is moving in together.

My only fear in all this. People saying we are rushing, but feels so right.

Well, hopefully this week we'll have the rings and if possible i'll pop back & post some pics for you.

(null)

JJ   
JJ

Congratulations!

It does sound soon but that doesn't mean it isn't good and right. Sometimes it just happens that way. If you were also going to rush into a marriage then I'd advise caution but you are taking that step slowly and it will give you time to know each other on all levels.

I've known people who got married after a week's acquaintance and stayed happily married over 50 years and a couple who were engaged for 7 years and miserably married for 20. You can't always be sure. It's just the longer you know someone the less likely you are to discover you really didn't if you know what I mean

I am happy you have found someone who accepts you and you can share your life with. I wish you all the best!

Johnny

Roux   
Roux

JJ said it perfectly. Congrats to both of you! =)

Guest John Chiv   
Guest John Chiv

Each relationship is different and so if you are ready and she is ready, go for it.

Will be looking for the update.

John

Donna Jean   
Donna Jean

Congratulations and good luck, Hon!

Huggs

Dee Jay

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

Thanks all.

Yes JJ, the wedding will be a while off and she knows it. Still she's got lots of ideas.

Probably overdue for me to settle down and move out of mums home too. Hehe.

(null)

Robin Winter   
Robin Winter

I asked my wife to marry me after only 3 dates, and we've been together 7 years now. Even if things don't work out, I will still not regret this time of my life. So no, I don't think you're necessarily rushing. Time doesn't really mean anything, if your intuition is good.

Oh!!! And, Congratulations!

Guest wonderdillon   
Guest wonderdillon

Congrats!!! We definitely expect updates!! Follow your heart!!!

Guest Oricleferret   
Guest Oricleferret

Congrats,

If you are both happy and it feels right then what anyone else says doesn't matter. It's right for you two.

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

Plans are moving on nicely. Her ring arrived yesterday, and I have a parcel at home, which can only be the ring. Might post pic later if is it.

So excited...

(null)

JJ   
JJ

Looking forward to those pics!.

Sending good vibes you way Paul - though I think you are already feeling lots of them.

:)

Johnny

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

Yes, was the ring. I've (hopefully) attached the photo.

Guest John Chiv   
Guest John Chiv

Thanks for the pic Paul. Now waiting for the after you proposed post!

John

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

I've now got a plan for the big day. I've designed a custom card and it has meaning to it.

Just need right time to give it to her. One plan is she will be away for her Birthday with a friend. I was thinking of giving her the card which she will think/assume is a birthday card. She'd open on morning of Birthday and be surprised it's not a Birthday Card.

Downside is I wouldn't be there. I might just do it this weekend instead. If she's OK will post pictures post proposal of the card.

Sent from iPhone

Guest Paul_London   
Guest Paul_London

She Said YES!!

We met in pub some of her family own and I had told her "I have a card and a birthday present".

She didn't know that the card had the proposal in. Her parents were there and we got some Champagne too.

After went for a meal when I was pointed out I hadn't asked the Dad (do people still do that?). I asked and he kinda said yes.

Once home and in bed I realised I hadn't done the down on knee thing, so just before posting this I sat her on edge of bed and asked verbally and on one knee. She still said yes.

Sent from iPhone

JJ   
JJ

Congratulations!

I am overjoyed for you. And so romantic too. She's a lucky lady and I can see why she said yes.

Johnny

Guest Lacey Lynne   
Guest Lacey Lynne

I asked my wife to marry me after only 3 dates, and we've been together 7 years now. Even if things don't work out, I will still not regret this time of my life. So no, I don't think you're necessarily rushing. Time doesn't really mean anything, if your intuition is good.

Oh!!! And, Congratulations!

What Heather said above? Take it to the bank, mate. Fast get-togethers CAN and DO often work out!

My parents' generation, The World War II Generation, had many instances of lightening-fast romances and marriages. Results? Many, many of those couples were married for 50-60 years until one of them passed away, and they were very happy.

Our best to you two! Rock on!

Peace :thumbsup::friends::thumbsup: Lacey