Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

~Madi~

Don't really know what to do

8 posts in this topic

So I am trying to accept myself as beig transsexual, I truly want to be that girl, but I always feel like that's not what's right and it kills me. I feel disgusted like I need to be a man! Even though I do, I need to be a woman! I hate living in this body, I just want my RIGHT body ASAP. I'll be 17 in march, what should I do? I wanna talk to the therapist I see for add and anxiety about it, but am too nervous. Id love to get on E this summer and finish my senior year off with online school as a girl, by Idk what to do. I'm jst done with feeling remorse and disgust, I just want to be a girl! What should I do?

I wanna talk to the therapist I see for add and anxiety about it, but am too nervous.

Starting point is to be brutally honest with your therapist about your feelings. Cry a river, punch pillows, scream and shout... BUT DO IT!

That's what is next - and you just gotta do it. You can shortcut a lot of misery otherwise.

Lizzie

Continue therapy along with help for your ADD and anxiety, and with help from your therapist, figure out your next step.

John

Hey, a fellow Minnesota girl. Hi!

Anyway, you absolutely need to tell someone and do something about this. You're already seeing a therapist, so that is a possible starting point. If you live in the Minneapolis area, the U of M has a great clinic called the Center for Sexual Health that deals with many transgender patients. I'm seeing a therapist there currently and she's been a great help to me. At any rate, you have to do something about the dysphoria if it's really that bad; it won't just go away on it's own. You've got to start somewhere, right?

Get thee to your therapist and let the truth be told, lol...

Only way forward is through therapy, no way around it, me thinks...

A gender therapist is the best route, most regular therapists are under-educated on trans stuff and can do more harm than good, but your mileage may vary...

The U of M clinic sounds like a great place for you to start looking into your issues...

Love, Svenna

I wanna talk to the therapist I see for add and anxiety about it, but am too nervous.

Starting point is to be brutally honest with your therapist about your feelings. Cry a river, punch pillows, scream and shout... BUT DO IT!

That's what is next - and you just gotta do it. You can shortcut a lot of misery otherwise.

Lizzie

Yes! Lizzie's right!

Peace :friends: Lacey

Lizzie

Yes! Lizzie's right!

Peace :friends: Lacey

I agree with Lizzy and Lacey!

Huggs

Dee Jay

As you may have gathered from the previous posts telling your therapist and talking to them about it is paramount.

Not only can they help you to transition if that is what you need but they can also help you to rid yourself of the feelings of guilt and shame - you have done nothing wrong and transitioning is not wrong either so talk to your therapist and get on with your life.

Love ya,

Sally