• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Girl Scout Asks for Boycott of Cookies After Transgender Inclusion

Guest Mia J

• Admin

Next time I see the Scouts outside my market, I'm buying extra boxes of Thin Mints and Do Se Do's, and I'm going to smile and tell them why, too. :D

Carolyn Marie

Gee, do I want some thin mints after watching that girl not only spout cissexist crap but use the wrong labels, too. But girl scout cookies aren't vegan.

Guest Szenzie

I think this getting viral is really helping our cause because she comes off as such a tool. I should buy some Samoas and send them her way as a thank you. ^_^

Guest Robin Winter

I just looked up samoas.....I LOVE those things, I've just never known them by that name! To heck with the thin mints and to heck with my diet. I'll take 3 boxes please.

Gee, do I want some thin mints after watching that girl not only spout cissexist crap but use the wrong labels, too. But girl scout cookies aren't vegan.

You could always make a donation in her name to the Girl Scouts anyway. In fact, we should all make donations IN HER NAME to them.

You could always make a donation in her name to the Girl Scouts anyway. In fact, we should all make donations IN HER NAME to them.

Awww, I wanted cookies. ): But that sounds like a better idea anyway.

Guest Karen K

She just doesn't get it! She even has the incorrect term and the condesention in her voice, Oh my goodness. I get Girl Scouts coming by selling cookies, are they in for a surprise! I'll be buying extra boxes!

Laura Jane

The video is now private. Apparently people have found a way to get through to her. I can only imagine how shocked she must have been when our nation didn't rally behind her.

I like your idea Kelise. I might just do that. :)

I think that some of the video responses are great.

If you check the "honest Girl Scout" site they have you will see that the transgender issue is only a minor one. It seems their main target with the Girl Scouts is their support of planned parenthood and others.

While it looks like this was the work of this one girl it is obvious this was produced by a larger organization.

It made one of the lead stories again on the local new here and there was a lot of support to buy cookies.

The interesting thing is that the youngster who wanted to join in the first place had already decided not to join a troop at this time.

I was ahead of of the story about the Governor announcing that one of his goals for this round of legislation was to legalize same sex marriages. (Yea........)

Mia

WOW! I wish I had seen the video before it went private. I'm thrilled with the GS's stand on the TG issue and the majority of positive responses. I don't think the GS's should be boycotted because of the rantings of one girl. But I do believe the organization should review her conduct as it doesn't appear to uphold most of the ideals of scouting from what I've heard.

I realize bigots come in all shapes and sizes and that they are allowed to have their say, but they should know that to do it in any uniform (except for one or two that I can think of), they open themselves up to charges from said organizations standards.

Has anyone heard any offical statement from the GS Organization?

Guest Karen K

I am amazed at the responses in support of the Girl Scouts. The videos are very encouraging. I am, however, dismayed over the reporting of this young lady's objection to the admittance of a transgirl.

I just saw a report from KENS5 out of San Antonio. The report refered to the transgirl as a transgender boy and used male pronouns! They showed a photo of this transgirl and she is cute as a button. What is wrong with these reporters? Don't they do research anymore?

Another issue I have is the claim that this puts others in Girl Scouting in danger. What kind of danger comes from a 7 y/o? This is an arguement that many so called Christians are now using to prevent us from being accepted. I remind you of the " what about restrooms" issue.

Laura Jane

Did it ever occur to anyone that this might just be the greatest well orchestrated advertising campaign since New Coke?

(New Coke was introduced in order to change the 'original' formula to high fructose corn syrup instead of cane sugar to cut costs.)

Seriously, the sales of Girl Scout Cookies have been declining with the repossession and so many people avoiding sugary snacks - now how to boost sales to maintain the organization - find a group struggling desperately to be heard in their quest for rights and target therm while asking for a boycott - the instant reaction is to buy as much as possible - brilliant!

Maybe the girl was serious and meant it but it is very well produced and one must wonder, at least the cynics amongst us.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Did it ever occur to anyone that this might just be the greatest well orchestrated advertising campaign since New Coke?

Love ya,

Sally

Ya know......that crossed my mind.......

Dee Jay