• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Facial Hair Cover-up?

Guest Exiledrain

Guest Exiledrain

So, my girlfriend and I just started dressing me up. We almost have all the make-up down perfectly, but the one problem we have run into is my facial hair. I shave as close as I can, and we've tried extra cover-up, but that doesn't do the trick. I have rather pale skin, and very dark hair. Anyone know of any product/process that can help cover up my forever five-o'clock shadow?

Guest Nekomata

http://www.glamourboutique.com/

It's a crossdresser/TS online mail order store. Check out their makeup section. Their orange beard cover + their thick creme style foundation makes me appear to not have facial hair for a few hours. It's the only foundation I've found that hides my dark shadow.

Guest Exiledrain
http://www.glamourboutique.com/

It's a crossdresser/TS online mail order store. Check out their makeup section. Their orange beard cover + their thick creme style foundation makes me appear to not have facial hair for a few hours. It's the only foundation I've found that hides my dark shadow.

Awesome!

Thanks, this helps a lot.

Guest jessica111

I use Ben Nye cream foundation (lite beige)

and set it with powder. I bought a stage makeup kit that came with brushes and stuff that help alot.

So, my girlfriend and I just started dressing me up. We almost have all the make-up down perfectly, but the one problem we have run into is my facial hair. I shave as close as I can, and we've tried extra cover-up, but that doesn't do the trick. I have rather pale skin, and very dark hair. Anyone know of any product/process that can help cover up my forever five-o'clock shadow?
  • 1 month later...
Guest eshaver

Theres "Durma Blend ", horribly expensive too. I use a "yellow " foundation and a Pink shade of lipstick in reverse order. Yes, apply the lipstick over the affected bearded area. Then apply you're foundation over that . Then flatten it all out with a loose powder thats almost you're skin tone . I hope this helps , works great for me and I dress and go out every day dressed too! I cant afford the laser yet . Ellen Shaver

Guest Elizabeth K

:rolleyes: I always used the cover product that is marketed for covering scars. There are several shades. Walgeens may have it - I don't recall the name - it isn't that expensive. But let me warn you, its like using plaster as you trowel it on almost. It doesn't feel natural and light either. It works for appearance though.

It works best if touched up with a light face powder, using a brush to dapple in skin textue where applied in thick layers.

It - hummm.. well... sharing a secret here, it works for defining your brows temporarily if you don't want to tweezer (and cross dressers always give themselves away later if they tweezer) - but again, temporary - and after a while it can crack and crumble - so don't expect to use it on eyebrows and then go out for a long time. :lol: