Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ranse

Shameless Self-Promotion of Blogs

4 posts in this topic

http://theadventuresoftransman.wordpress.com/

This blog is in it's early stages. I've only got a couple of pieces up, but I'm trying to write about two main topics: humor in transition and parenting while transitioning.

I'm making y'all aware of it here, because many of you have been so supportive over my time here and a few have become friends outside of Laura's. I'm not as active on here as I used to be just because my life is completely chaotic at the moment (mostly in good ways), but I think about you all often.

I wanted to share this and invite others of you who are keeping blogs and vlogs about the transition process to share them with us. Hearing each other's stories in a creative outlet is helpful; making some of our lives accessible in more public forums takes bravery, but it may also help someone who is going through the same thing.

Share your site and tell us in a line or two what it's about. Please keep in mind the site's policies about links and appropriate content.

http://transindistress.blogspot.com/

It is about my life,really,in bad english.I started at the beginning of last year and at the beginning it was mostly about me wanting but afraid to coming out.I eventualy did it.It have some events in my life,show my therapy with a non GT and will now show it with a GT(can't wait)and I plan to post hormones effects when I get to use them.

It's a good read, Ranse.

Some people shouldn't write blogs - that would be me. I can't imagine it being anything other than totally boring!

You may have noticed that members here put their blog URL right in their signature line - I know it's shameless self-promotion - but people here are pretty likable and have some good stuff!

Love, Megan

You may have noticed that members here put their blog URL right in their signature line - I know it's shameless self-promotion - but people here are pretty likable and have some good stuff!

Love, Megan

That's true, but I thought if people gave a line or two introducing their work, it would help the audience know what each writer is focusing on. Some people might strictly document their transition or give tips for emphasizing femininity when a woman is over 6 feet tall; others like Nick Krieger talk about issues and events affecting the trans community as well as give slices of his daily life including his recent book tour.