Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ney'ite

State of Maine BMV Finally Allows Gender Marker Change Without SRS

9 posts in this topic

After much diligent lobbying, fighting, begging, pleading, you name it, by my lawyer's firm and other entities, the State of Maine has FINALLY updated their policy to allow for Gender Marker Changes on Driver's Licenses without costly SRS, in fact, without any surgery at all. And within the last half hour of this post, they just posted the brand new form on the State of Maine home page. My lawyer did mention that BMV has said they have the brand new forms at the various branches, and that staff has been trained.

Here is the link to the form in both PDF and DOC on the State of Maine web site:

State of Maine BMV Gender Designation Form (PDF)

State of Maine BMV Gender Designation Form (DOC)

\o/

)( Yaaaaaaaay n Stuff!!!!!

/ \

I wounder if Indiana will does this.. That would be SWEET!!!

Aw, I sure hope so! It is not fair to have to needlessly out ourselves, all for the sake of some stuffy politicians who are stuck in the Dark Ages (in my opinion).

That's so cool (and convenient)! Here we just have to have a Department of Licensing form filled out by a Doc who's in the State of Washington. No surgical requirements. Getting mine filled out on my next appointment, Feb 21st.

That's so cool (and convenient)! Here we just have to have a Department of Licensing form filled out by a Doc who's in the State of Washington. No surgical requirements. Getting mine filled out on my next appointment, Feb 21st.

Congrats on this next big step along your journey, MackenzieB!

Huh, I missed this a while ago...just happened to Google "Maine gender marker change" and got this :D Printed out, and this is SO going to be ready about 15 seconds after I get my name changed next month! :D

A MUCH belated thanks and uber-cyberhug, Bette!

That's pretty interesting, and will be insanely helpful if/when I move back home. Glad to be from such a kick-butt stage. GO MAINE.

It's not quite *that* easy here in Indiana, but you don't require surgery. You only require a letter from *any* doctor under whose care you've been treated. It needs to be worded precisely like this:

I, <your physician's name>, License No. <#>, <Medical License Jurisdiction(state), DEA No. <#>, am the physician of <your name>, with whom I have a doctor/patient relationship and whom I have treated.

<your name> has had appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition to female.

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the foregoing is true and correct.

<Physician's Signature>

<physician's printed name>

<Date>

hth,

-daiyu