• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Should A Christian Act?

Sally

I recently sent a friend request on Facebook to an old friend and former business partner, not too unusual if not for the fact that she had cheated me out of my half of the business and then sold it.

The question that I was asked was why would I friend someone who had cheated me?

The answer is quite simple, a Christian is supposed to forgive and so I have, long ago.

I can be her friend because she was always a good friend but a lousy business partner, she had never done anything to hurt me and had always been on my side whenever I needed her help - money was all that she took from me and money has very little meaning to me, all I ever have is barely enough to get by but then it is enough to get by.

It is not my place to judge her, I will never get involved with her in a business deal or loan her any money - I have learned that lesson but holding a grudge does not hurt her, only me.

I am not over run with friends, living in a new city where I spent the first year working in male mode so I only started making new friends last September and this seems like a bad time to be throwing away any friends.

Do not lock people out of your life over monetary affairs, it is rather trivial - we can forgive, we do not have to forget but holding a grudge just hurts you, they never even know.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ChloëC

I've been wrestling with a thought that I was having a difficult time expressing, so thank you, Sally, your example allowed me to think it through.

Here it is - the commandment is not 'Love thy neighbor' it's 'Love thy neighbor as thyself'. Next time you meet a so-called Christian who expresses anything but love for some part of society, console that person with the response, 'You must really hate yourself so much to hate those people like you do. I'll pray for your turning from hating yourself to loving yourself so that you can express that love to others, as Jesus commanded us to do.' I'll be trying to do that in the future and if anyone else tries, I'd be interested to know what the reaction is.

Hugz

Chloë

• Forum Moderator

Another phrase for like Christ for me is "With Love" Universal love for fellow humans. Just as HE taught.

The rest is contradicted in the different gospels but not that. Because it was the message.

Love

So simple and beautiful

Johnny

Guest Elizabeth K

I can follow "love one another." I can forgive and love someone who has wronged me, but I don't want them as a friend. The Creator gave me a brain, so why re-friend someone that could cheat me again? I mean if they come to me and ask my forgiveness, and ask for a second chance, that is one thing. But for me to seek someone out and friend them without working through - and settling all the past issues is questionable wisdom.

This is a protected forum and I would never attack anyones beliefs. I have always been a student of Christ's teachings. I just say I approach my Christianity with an open mind and disregard dogma.

I am Uniterian Universalist. I love the teachings of Christ, but also of all the other devinely inspired Prophets that have come into the world. So much Christianity as a religion is warped from the original, as it is practiced today, at least with my experiences. Not all self-defined Christuians are bad, but they have to look past the dogma and also be ethical in their living to make it work. In other words - follow what the Creator tells you in your heart, not whatsome priest, minister, preacher, or so called layperson interpets from the Creator, the Bible, or their own opinions.

Instead of saying it's Christian to forgive, I would like to say it is following the teachings of Christ to forgive.

Where did all that come from? Some would claim I have an "unforgiving spirit." I would rather define it as a sense of ethics and rational living (principals of the Uniterian Universalist Church of which I subscribe) - fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Lizzie

• Admin

Heard in my own home for many years --

"Don't you trust me daddy??" "I do trust you, but its what I trust you to do that causes the problem! But I love you anyway!!"

$0.02

Guest Megan_Lynn

Hmmm I have always been a firm beliver in giving everyone the benifit of the doubt. But still live by the screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me. I am sorry but anyone who values money so much that they are willing to step on a friends toes to get it well they are a bad person. I have given up many chances to have a better life financially but refused to do so at the cost of others. Myself its better for me to live poor and have a clean conscience then to be rich and have hurt others along the way. Forgiving someone just means you no longer hold there misdeads in your mind and heart. Forgiving never means setting yourself up for future possible failure. No way would I ever aline myself with someone I knew I could not trust.Love the person hate the dead is a good way to live. Sad things is many are such slaves to thier deads thats who they become.I have always enjoyed this fraze..A buddy/associate may bail you out of jail but a true friend will be there with you saying darn that was fun....Basicaly saying a true friend( super rare) will be there for you regaurdless the cost a buddy/associate will not. These are just my opions but I truely feel they speak the truth..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 189 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • MaybeRob
    • violet r
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. l.demiurge
      l.demiurge
    • Ivy
      It is a lifesaver for a lot of us.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Thanks.  What I do as a man is what a woman would do if she were a man.  There is just something feminine about the way I act as a man.  It's not that being a woman is actually better, or something to aspire to, but it is just that I am one, while not being one.   If beating my head bloody to get rid off this stupid dysphoria would fix it I would find the nearest wall, but I know that if I did that, when I woke up, it would still be there.   If I did not have this struggle I would be someone else and I would be less of a person than I am.  They say an oak tree growing in an open field is far stronger than one in a forest.  The storms come and go and I stand.   This forum is the first time I have interacted with other people struggling with the same struggle and parallel struggles. It helps.
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry! :( Hopefully something better will come up
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! Did great with the kids
    • Sally Stone
      That's me too, Mae.  I don't think it's me as much as it is the camera (that's my story anyway).  Cameras hate me.  I never met one that liked me.  I often wish I was photogenic; sadly, not so much.   However, you look terrific in that selfie! 
    • Sally Stone
      April, I'm so glad things went well when you came out to your spouse.  So often, things can go sideways.  It's a hurdle we all have to jump at some point.
    • violet r
      I totally understand what you just said. I can relate to this very well. I have a lot.of similar feelings.
    • KymmieL
      Well it is a no go for the new position. OH, well. nothing ventured nothing gained.   Kymmie
    • Davie
      Dickey Betts, the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band whose piercing solos, beloved songs and hell-raising spirit defined the band and Southern rock in general, died Thursday morning 04/18/2024 at the age of 80. Rest in peace...
    • MaeBe
      Thank you @Mirrabooka!
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.