Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AshleyCA

Following in Dads footsteps

4 posts in this topic

Since I can remember I knew I was not a boy. I started to crossdress when I was 10. I would play sick to stay home and dress when I was in middle school. I got caught by mother when I was in the 10th grade when she came home on a day I skip class. I then stopped. Then in my senior in high school my father announced to the family that he was a transsexual. This was a shock to me. I had just start to come out as gay. I retracted the path because of my Dad. My parents then got a divorce. I was 18 at the time it was final. On the final day of high school, my mother moved us to Ohio to flee my father.

Then life got hard. I was in Ohio to goto Ohio State my grandmother aranged it. Ops her program was for accounting and business course work. I was tring to be a Chemical Enginer. So to the comunity college. I discover my career choice to go into Computers.

I was getting depressed and missing my dad. After about 1 year, she moved to Ohio to get work that did not know her past. I moved in with her and returned to crossdressing. I went out in the public for the first time. This is when my dad's boyfriend figured my out. This caused me to suppress the me again. Life returned to "normal". I was always looking for a time to be me.

After my dad returned to Texas for a better job, that would return me to live with mom. That lasted about 6 months. I convinced mom to move to Texas so I could be closer to dad. I was in Texas for five years and crossdressing when ever I could.

In 1998 my uncle offered me a job that would pay 3 times what i was making in Texas. Ops that would be if the business succeeded, which it did not. During the time that we were working in growing the company. Another mistake, I got married, There was no love there. I just wanted to married to stay "normal". That last 2 job losses, a year of unemployment, 3 jobs, fatherhood and 11 years.

That is when I decided to return to ME. Start seeing a therapist for ADHD and through the sessions I discover who I am.

Now the Journey has begun

Krista

Hi Krista,

Are you still in touch with both your parents? Do they accept you?

It's been a tough road for you but it sounds like you're on your way. Life is grand when we can be ourselves.

Hugs,

Shari

Yes I am in contact with both, but have not told them. My "dad" will support me but not sure Mom will.

It is awesome that your "dad" came out. You two can rely on each other for support, and of course you have us.

Hugs

Stephanie