• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Tai Chi Experience

JenniferB

What a wonderful experience! I did not want it to end. The class was held in the Bhudda room (I could feel the power there) and there were about 12 of us, half of us being there the first time. Everyone was friendly and I was accepted like everyone else.

This was not a martial arts class. It dealt with slow movements designed to release the Chi. It lasted about an hour and by the end I was totally calm and relaxed. I'm usually a little aggressive when driving, but tonight I was not in a hurry at all. No tension whatsoever. On my way home I stopped to pick up a script and forgot my wallet. It didn't phase me in the slightest. Unbelievable! This is a feeling I could get used to, and I definitely will be going back next week.

Love,

Jenny

Guest GinaInside

Hi Jennifer,

Focusing Chi/Qi/Prana is really pretty easy. I read about it when I was young, but was skeptical.

The human body is an elctro-chemical system, like a battery. Which also happens to be connected to the powersource of Creation, and is measurable by scientific means.

I learned to focus Chi after years of trying, finding it one night quite by accident. I have used "Chi Scan" for many years now to help manage the pain associated with old injuries. I will try to describe how to begin to focus and move Chi.

1) Seat yourself comfortably, in an area that is not breezy, or has any noticable flowing air. This is critical for feeling Chi for the first couple times.

2) Relax, take as many deep breaths as neccessary to calm, and de-stress yourself.

3) With your arms comfortably resting by your side, your forearms, and hands resting on your lap, or legs.

4) Bring your forearms up, palms facing inwards to each other, about shoulder-width apart.

5) Focus your attention on your palms.

6) Very slowly, bring your palms towards each other, but do not touch your hands together.

7) You will begin to feel almost a breezy pressure between your hands. After you get the hang of what you are trying to feel, and you gather energy, it will feel like holding a baloon between your hands and pressing it. (this is why you want to be in an area that is not breezy)

8) Bring your hands together, not touching, then move them apart. You should feel the expansion of the Chi.

9) As you get a feel for the Chi Ball, the next step, is to breath in Chi, and focus it to the Chi Ball. This is the focus of Tai Chi, and what the practicioner is doing with thier hands in front of them.

10) The next step is to learn to move the Chi Ball through your body, known as "scanning". This is an aid to healing, and you can literally place the Chi Ball on an injury, or ill spot on your body.

11) Then you learn to focus the Chi to specific points in the body, and "breath in Chi" to those points.

12) You can also feel your Chi, by placing the plam of your hand a few inches above your arm, slowly closing the distance until you feel the "warmth", or pressure. You are now feeling your electro-chemical field, or Aura.

13) After you learn to focus Chi, and move it through the body, you may want to consider working on your Chakras.

14) Then comes Kundalini, talk about a rush!

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hugz,

Gina Renee

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks so much for sharing about your experience!

I have also found Tai Chi very relaxing, very centering, very grounding!

I hope to hear more about your fun with Tai Chi! :D

Gina, Fantastic instructions for finding/feeling Chi! Thanks so much! :D

Oh, and yes, activating kundalini can be quite an experience! I was lucky enough to have had people around me, advising me to gently activate kundalini and to hold great respect for kundalini. This has made my experience much more safe and enjoyable.

Thanks Again,

Brad

• 1 month later...
Guest Jaques

Hello Jennifer, Tai chi's a wonderful way to relax and allow energy to flow through your body, ive been practicing Reiki since l998 and 2 years ago started to practice Chi gung which i find enormously helpful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 104 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • JamesyGreen
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Davie
    • Jamey-Heather
    • VickySGV
    • SamC
    • Jet McCartney
    • RaineOnYourParade