Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madison_Always

Why?

34 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is just a question that I have been thinking about a lot lately. Why did God make us this way? I''m curious to hear other christians thoughts on this question. I dont believe God makes mistakes. I also thank Him that He allowed me to be born in a time and place where I have access to technology and medical procedures to treat my condition, but the question still burns. Why? Why us? Whats the point? I have my own ideas, but i am very curious to hear others thoughts on this.

Madison

There is no specific reasons (if there is, you know he/she acts in mysterious ways ;-)... It's a process and you're the only one who can discover it's meaning...

Sorry if my answer is not straight forward. I think that there is not "one" solution that fits all... There is only one solution that will be your's if you keep yourself open... to receive it in due time.

Love,

Jenny

The Lord is a sadist that enjoys watching people suffer, nit only do we have kids starving in africa, communist genecide and countless other atrocites that HE allows to happen but there are also people that are hated by HIS followers, simply for BEING (gays, ttans people, blacks)

Madison,

One of the best answers I have ever heard for this question is "why not us?"

A more fundamental question for me is why are we here in the first place and I believe it is to experience, realize who we really are and find our way back to God. Life would be very boring if there were no difficult challenges wouldn't it? Well, we have been handed what is in my opinion, one of the most difficult challenges. It's up to us to work through this in our own way and eventually make peace with it.

So "why not us?", well, God must have thought we were ready for such a difficult challenge.

-Meri

Madison, I just wrote something last night to an FTM friend of mine that addressed this issue. Trying to keep it simple, I would draw your attention to John 9:2-3. Here, we have Jesus' disciples asking Him about the cause of a certain man's blindness. "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" Keep in mind, that in Jesus' day, being blind was a severe liability, especially for a man who was expected to earn a living. This is not a boy the disciples are asking about, but a grown man who likely felt ostracized by society every day of his life. Additionally, even though he likely had the "normal" longings of any man -- any person, to be loved and felt useful in society, this blind man probably didn't have a wife and kids -- he couldn't even provide for himself. Medical science wasn't much of anything then, so in order to explain the blindness, it was commonly accepted that blindness came as a result of sin.

You can see from the disciples' question that they themselves do not consider any other cause of the man's blindness other than sin. So, what was Jesus' response? John 9:3 tells us, "Neither this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be manifest in him."

Can you imagine the blind man's response? The blind man lived in a world that judged him. He lived every day wondering what he did to "deserve" such a fate. He knew his sins were no worse than anybody else's, yet he lived with the world's condemnation. Why did the world condemn the blind man? They condemned him because they did not understand; they, themselves were blind to the truths of God. And what is that truth? Jesus' answer shattered what the disciples accepted as truth -- that blindness is a result of sin or a generational curse. Our God-carpenter admonished the disciples -- made it clear that things happen which have nothing to do with sin or generational curses. And Jesus went a step further and also told the disciples WHY it happens: "that the works of God may be manifest in (the blind man/us)." In one simple statement Jesus told them essentially that the blind man, whom the disciples saw only as a vessel for sin, was in truth a vessel for God, and not just a vessel, but a special vessel, appointed by God Himself for a special purpose on this earth.

In a society that threw people away because of deformities or differences, Jesus drew the blind man near to Him.

I don't know if any of that brings you comfort. It seems a lot of people (trans and non-trans) just want to feel good and believe that any pain can't possibly be "good." But knowing that my Loving God thought of me long before I was ever "knit together in the womb," that He not just "let happen" my being trans, but actually "appointed" it for me for a purpose known fully only to Him, knowing that He doesn't leave me or give up on me, knowing that I can receive the medical intervention offered to me in order to correct my medical condition -- all of this brings comfort to me.

I can honestly say that I look forward to that day when He will show me why He appointed this for me. Would I have chosen it? Knowing that I am a more empathetic person because of being trans; knowing that I am closer to Him because I need more of Him; knowing that every day feels like I've missed out on most of what non-trans people get to simply enjoy and never question -- all of the good that came with being trans vs. all of the bad that comes with being trans... how does one accept any of it? No, I would not have chosen it because of all of the pain and feelings of loss. And yes, I would have chosen it because what I've lost is nothing compared to what I've gained in Christ -- my relationship with my Creator.

Just my thoughts....

Nick

Nick,

your response is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you for responding. Everything you wrote has really opened my eyes to these verses I have read many times. But now I truly see the application of this verse in my life. Thank you. =)

@meri going into writing this that is kind of the conclusion I had come to. My take was that we live in a fallen world and that we have been given this to work through. He allowed us to experience this trial because He knows that we are strong enough to make it through. I Corinthians 10:13, talks about never giving anyone a burden more than they can bear. So I agree in a sense that He has given this to work through and show that He can work through anyone in any circumstances. Thank you for your response. =)

@rainbowgoth98 Please dont let the way misguided, sin filled, people turn you away from God. My response to why God allows pain and suffering is I dont fully know why. We live in a world where sin has distorted everything around us. I know that all the pain and suffering we go through or will go through Jesus took upon Himself on the cross.

God allows pain and suffering so Compation is possible. Its man that makes bad things happen not God. To stop this would stop all free will.

Me? I say the CREATOR - I fell God has been hijacked by organized religion and is now a big business, Christian, Jewish, Islam, et al.. I believe in the Creator, but prefer the Goddess aspect over the God aspect, which is how I access the Creator. . It doesn't matter as I also believe in the teachings of Jesus - I mean the real teachings, not mans interpretation, sigh. Call me an eclectic - a Catholic Pagan is close to a good description..

Anyway? Answering the question of the Topic, "why?"

We have been asking that ever since we humans have learned there IS a Creator. Billions of people - billions of interpretations!

Me? I think we are not given answers to everything we ask the Creator. We don't know why it is that way - and I suspect we are not designed that way - maybe not able to 'handle' the answers, maybe.

The Creator made me the way I am, and did it for a reason. I have my suspicions as to why, and they actuall revolve around my concept of Jesus' teaching? LOVE ONE ANOTHER. . I am transsexual so I can help my brothers and sisters who are also transsexual, or gender dysphoric, or have a loved one who is, or something like that. I had to experience what it is to be transsexual to be able to be there for others. Sometimes I feel especially able to see things and say things - and that comes from somewhere else - from God - from the Goddess - from the Spirit! Words in my mind from the CREATOR.

My opinion of course..

Lizzie

Even deeper question... Why do we even exist at all?

In the dynamics of the universe, what meaningful role does life actually play?

I am sure that people born with deformities or other extremely challenging diseases ask similar questions... Why me?

For many of us (me included) we cannot escape this sense of Mind that seems to be behind all of this existence. Even quantum physics realizes that observation influences the behavior of sub-atomic particles. What does this all really mean?

To me it means that there is so much more than we realize in Life. There is something so absolute in the expression and balance that exists that we are not seeing.

In the grand scheme of things... gender is not the important aspect of one's being. Gender is an attribute, like skin color. Gender does not define you. Something much deeper is what defines you....

All that that is you defines you.

Fundamentally, who you are is what is so much more important.

Love

Brenda

Brenda - I am just about on the same page you are. I don't have an answer as to why we exist, and the theological reply always seems to be , because God was lonely." Okay - maybe.

But I have a spin on that - ask this question, "Where were you before you were born?"

Okay - of you can wrap your mind around that, "Don't you go back to that same place?"

Ao why do we exist? Short answer? Because we chose to. We decide to exist in mortal bodies. Perhaps we are looking to gain a wisdom we lacked before. We decide to come to spaceship earth, a very very selective type of physical universe.

Why do I feel this way? I remember past lives - and I know I am an old earth-bound soul. Somewhere in that pathway I will eventally decide to move on..,. maybe. Maybe not.. Perhaps I want perfection - something maybe impossible to achieve here - but? Maybe this life I can get closer to being satisfied about what I am.

So

Are we just a spark of the Creator herself? Himself? Itself? Religious wisdom says we may be. The Creator made us in her image - his image - whatever. The Creator has no gender. Like Brenda says, gender is just an attribute.

I don't fear the end of this lifetime. Been here, done that - probably will come back again, though I do suspect there has to be something a little better. altogether this place has such a sweetness for me most of the time.

My opinions of course..

Lizzie

But I have a spin on that - ask this question, "Where were you before you were born?"

Did you know that I have told people that I know that very same question? To be able to answer where one is going, one must be able to answer where one was from before they were born. I know exactly what you are saying Lizzy. If life is a continuum, then I would expect that the questions of where we were before are as compelling as to where we are going.

One cannot answer only one side if the question deeply without considering the former.

Love

Brenda

Did you know that I have told people that I know that very same question? To be able to answer where one is going, one must be able to answer where one was from before they were born. I know exactly what you are saying Lizzy. If life is a continuum, then I would expect that the questions of where we were before are as compelling as to where we are going.

One cannot answer only one side if the question deeply without considering the former.

Love

Brenda

Exactly - and I wonder why this entire idea of 'before' - why it has been so ignored?

Lizzie

Religious belief is very personal and the best I can do is to state my own beliefs and let others think what they may. Spirituality is very personal and a journey that all of us need to take individually.

I do believe in life being a continuum and that we are spirits placed into a human body. The reason we are here at this time is because we are meant to be here at this time. I believe that the parents, and the circumstances we were born in wasn't by accident. They were chosen for our own benefit, perhaps becoming transsexual was something we needed to grow.

The mind (or spirit) can do things that the rest of the body can't, for the body is just a housing for the spirit. like have emotions and be aware. It is the mind that is the life force..Interestingly the mind and the body are intertwined and what we do to one effects the other. For example if we become drunk, both the body and the mind are affected. And emotional feelings have a direct impact on the body. An example would be rising blood pressure due to fear.

The reason why we are here is to learn and grow, and to see how we will react to the circumstances we are in, and what we do with what we are given. And what we do in this life will dictate where we go after death. Christians believe we will be judged and according to what we did in life dictates where we will live in the next plane of existence. Buddhism believes that what we do in life dictates on what or who we will be reincarnated into. And reincarnation will end only when you reach enlightenment.

I do not have any theories on how we came into existence. The only thing I could think of is that life was always there and that is far beyond my comprehension.

Jenny

God allows pain and suffering so Compation is possible. Its man that makes bad things happen not God. To stop this would stop all free will.

By this reasoning you're setting it up to praise the invisible creator for everything good but not for whatever bad happens on Earth. This same reasoning just further emphasizes you can't associate him with anything. If we're the ones who rule our actions on this Earth, why turn to a god for absolutely anything? Solace, comfort, guidance? Etc? Why? If we have free will, and such a concept exists even within religion, then humanity should just take care of itself. If there is such a father who lets his children hurt each other without a hand stepping in aid, then he's a deadbeat father and like the children in a home like that, you have to grow up and take care of each other to survive, but we aren't because we keep hoping for love and affection that doesn't come our way. If I knew my parents were going to leave me and my sister and brothers alone every day and told I have to suffer for my mistakes but I got no help from either of them I'd call social services.

By this reasoning you're setting it up to praise the invisible creator for everything good but not for whatever bad happens on Earth. This same reasoning just further emphasizes you can't associate him with anything. If we're the ones who rule our actions on this Earth, why turn to a god for absolutely anything? Solace, comfort, guidance? Etc? Why? If we have free will, and such a concept exists even within religion, then humanity should just take care of itself. If there is such a father who lets his children hurt each other without a hand stepping in aid, then he's a deadbeat father and like the children in a home like that, you have to grow up and take care of each other to survive, but we aren't because we keep hoping for love and affection that doesn't come our way. If I knew my parents were going to leave me and my sister and brothers alone every day and told I have to suffer for my mistakes but I got no help from either of them I'd call social services.

I am not a very regious person myself but have read the Bible from cover to cover more then a few times.I do not agree with everything in it and belive man has distorted it a good bit. I follow the new testement and the origanal ten comadments. For the record Christ nor the ten comandments ever condemed gays, lesbain, bisexual nor transgendered people.

Faith hope and love are three of the greatest drving forces there are. Faith can be the belif in something you can not see (aka Creator) or if can be just knowing when you walk one foot will usualy follow the other. Everyday you have faith in things you can not see or that you just expect to happen.

Hope is the driving force that makes every living human continue day after day. When one losses hope or no longer belives in such is when they stop carring and will most likely look for a way out(aka killing ones self).

Love while hard to explain at times could best be summed up as an extreme amout of caring for anouther. Its is not the inlove many seem to think it means. If you risk your life to save someone elses you did so out of love. If you do what you can to prevent one from coming into harms reach this is love. If you put yourself out in any way for anouther that is also love.When you put someoneelses need above your own this is love.

As for free will it does exsist cause if it did not you would not even have thoughts you would be a mindless thing doing the total will of whatever created you. Everyone has the choise to do what rights and what is wrong. If what you are doing intentionaly hurts others its always wrong.If what you do keeps one safe and can help others it always right. Love faith and hope are three componits of free will as are many other bad emotions like hate.

As for the dead beat father coment. Its not the creators resposibilty to police us at all, doing so will mess with free will.only way to truly police people is to take away free will and make everyone mindless things. The laws were given in the bible on how to live and were revised in the new testiment( most biogot's can not grasp this). If the average person acualy took the laws and sugestions to heart there would be almost zero wars and fights in this world.

Its the parents resposibilty to police thier children and pass good morales on to then so hopefuly they will continue to do so themselfs. Once a child grows up they are now resposible for there own actions. So anything an adult did wrong would not make the creator a dead beat nor uncarring. As adults are the ones resposible for the bad things happening. I do not prase the creator for the good nor the bad things that happen in this world. I would choise to parise said creator for having life itself . with life I personaly have a chance to do with it what ever I so choise. Just having the opertunity is a massive gift in itself.

Lets get back to the dead beat dad coment now.Pretty much most parents if thier child continues to do bad things they will end up being punsished for said such. And when a child gets older aka teens and adult if they continue doing so that many times the parenst will step back and let the law deal with the child. I personaly belive the creator has seen whats in our hearts and knows the bad things we are gonna do even when we have been told not to. If the creator interfears not only will it stop free will but we will never learn not do stop doing stupid things.

I feel you have it wrong on the coment hoping for love and affection. Love from anoughter human is never intitiled to anyone ever. Its not what can one do for me and never has been . its what can you personaly do for others. If you give out true love it will find its way back to you. If you give out fake strings attached love then you will not get real love back. Because ther is so little real love in this world is why so many bad things happen. Nobody seems to care enough to help anyone out and if they ever do they seem to expect something back in return.Sorry but being able to help anouther is all the return I will ever need.

Ok now about love it is a totaly free will emotion and thing. This is one of the reasons we have free will so we can love. Now if a true creator exsists what is the one thing not availible to the creator? Love is the answer. since love is a free will thing it can not be made it can not be created in thin air. I truely belive we are here for that purpose.

Compation is a side effect of love but unless bad things happen there can not be any compastion at all.

And yes humanity should take care of itself insted of placing blame on everything and being to lazy to do anything to make this world better. This world is run on greed and greed is pure evil cause greed helps none but the greedy one and hurts so many in its path. So again without free will there would be no greed . Free will is what alows every good and bad thing to happen.if not for free will there would be no surprises things would only work one way and well we would not even be ale to be bord about it cause well we would not have the free will to even think about it. The creator has already given us everything we need. We have life and a chance. there is all the food and water one can need here on earth. The wars, famine, violence and many others things happen not cause some creator wanted them to but because people made bad choises and bad things happened. The ones making the bad choises are adults not some kids and adults are resposible for there own actions. I detest that bad things happen to people it makes me sick to know how many suffer as they do. I have myself question the creator on this dozens of times and still strugle with it some. to stop bad things means to take away ones emotions and that means no free will.

the creator stated that if you belive and do the right things you will be rewarded with heaven. Now should this just be given out to all regaurdless of how awfull they may have been? or with most everything else they should have to ern it. you could not ern anything if its just given to you. there has to be a test and the test is earth and the issues it has.Nothing in life is a given you have to scratch and claw to get anywere in life and have to have faith and hope to make these things happen. Happyness comes from within its not given. If your heart is in the right place you will gain lots of happiness and joy from just helping others. When I know that I have been able to make someones life better even for just a brief moment that is a miracle in itself. To even be given the chance to be part of another persons happiness is a gift. People just look at the world the wrong way. stop dewelling on the bad and make the good happen. You want to see a better world then make it happen. Again its not the creators job to do so it our job to do so. We were given the life and the chance .. make something of it. When I am on my death bed I would rather know I did what I could to help others and improve there lifes then to die having not made a positive mark on this earth plain.

These are my opions and belive them to be facts.

The fundamental misconception is in insisting on God having human characteristics...

Why did God make me like this?

He didn't.

A series of events that were set into motion by other humans resulted in the particular circumstances that resulted in my mis-matched body parts and brain. If there is any blame to be assigned, if there are any questions that need to answered, then one only need consult their biological history. No need to rouse the gods nor summon a savior.

The universe demonstrates both order and chaos. My life reflects both of those attributes. Again, no need for a spiritual answer for a remarkably predictable series of biological events...

As to our SUFFERING, well, it is HUMANS that have inflicted pain on me. It is my job to manipulate the physical world in such a way as to minimize any suffering that I experience as a result of that inflicted pain..

I don't generally require a conversation with deity to make sense of human behavior, time and experience have proven to be enough to get a feel for what people are capable of doing to one another...

The reviling of gender-variant people is no more, and no less, unseemly than any other act of human ignorance. Just because we are caught in the cross-fire of current incivility does not elevate our cause above that of any other group of abused and disenfranchised humans. I try to not take being trans personally...

Eventually, history will cycle forward to a time where we are not such a novelty to be exploited for the judgmental pleasure of the self-righteous. Religion has historically negated its own message. Truth, on the other hand, will set us all free...

My first inpulse was to also answer this question with the question "Why NOT?", also...

Sometimes we are better served by seeking solutions rather than by allowing ourselves to be stumped by questions with no apparent answers, but, ymmv...lol...

Best to all my human family, Svenna

Madison, I just wrote something last night to an FTM friend of mine that addressed this issue. Trying to keep it simple, I would draw your attention to John 9:2-3. Here, we have Jesus' disciples asking Him about the cause of a certain man's blindness. "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" Keep in mind, that in Jesus' day, being blind was a severe liability, especially for a man who was expected to earn a living. This is not a boy the disciples are asking about, but a grown man who likely felt ostracized by society every day of his life. Additionally, even though he likely had the "normal" longings of any man -- any person, to be loved and felt useful in society, this blind man probably didn't have a wife and kids -- he couldn't even provide for himself. Medical science wasn't much of anything then, so in order to explain the blindness, it was commonly accepted that blindness came as a result of sin.

Nick

Nick,

In context of the teachings of Jesus, your answer and reference is spot on...

It is in the nature of humans to sometimes blame others for their hardships rather than show compassion, to sometimes espouse a 'special reltionship' to a concept of deity rather than humbly serve the precepts they claim to follow, to sometimes find fault with those that are different rather than finding common ground to celebrate..

As a species, we are just not that far out of the trees just yet.

Given enough time to evolve, I have very high hopes for the human race. But for now, we must do the best we can to build a world where our trans-ness is no more strange than any other once misunderstood medical condition...

It is ignorance and indifference that are our common enemies...

Love and self-empowerment, Svenna

Thanks Nick, you seem to have caught folks attention with that scripture from John which I have mentioned before, and have the wounds to show for too many not getting it connected to us as you did.

Me? I say the CREATOR - I fell God has been hijacked by organized religion and is now a big business, Christian, Jewish, Islam, et al.. I believe in the Creator, but prefer the Goddess aspect over the God aspect, which is how I access the Creator. . It doesn't matter as I also believe in the teachings of Jesus - I mean the real teachings, not mans interpretation, sigh. Call me an eclectic - a Catholic Pagan is close to a good description..

Anyway? Answering the question of the Topic, "why?"

We have been asking that ever since we humans have learned there IS a Creator. Billions of people - billions of interpretations!

Me? I think we are not given answers to everything we ask the Creator. We don't know why it is that way - and I suspect we are not designed that way - maybe not able to 'handle' the answers, maybe.

The Creator made me the way I am, and did it for a reason. I have my suspicions as to why, and they actuall revolve around my concept of Jesus' teaching? LOVE ONE ANOTHER. . I am transsexual so I can help my brothers and sisters who are also transsexual, or gender dysphoric, or have a loved one who is, or something like that. I had to experience what it is to be transsexual to be able to be there for others. Sometimes I feel especially able to see things and say things - and that comes from somewhere else - from God - from the Goddess - from the Spirit! Words in my mind from the CREATOR.

My opinion of course..

Lizzie

To Megan_Lynn: Free will doesn't automatically "include" evil; this same god would need to create the evil itself, and, perhaps even create a proclivity toward evil? Free will can exist without evil, theoretically, if a being is omnipotent (which is per se paradoxical: "can God create a rock too heavy for even he to lift?").

Moreover, refer to this quote by the ancient Greek philosopher Epicurus [341 B.C.E. - 270 B.C.E]: "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

To Elizabeth K: Homo sapiens questions everything: it is simply the human brain, and, specifically the innate curiosity and desire for knowledge therein; throughout our existence we have sought to expand our knowledge of that which is unknown, and in this time we formulated innumerable theories of how life originated, most of these involving a creator or creators. Thankfully, the English naturalist Charles Darwin [Feb. 12, 1809 - April 19, 1882] came along and gave us a logical, scientific, observable, reproducible theory, or rather, theories, for how life originated: evolution and natural selection.

Darwin's theories have yet to be invalidated, only gaining more proof for themselves as time goes on; therefore, we need not believe that humans were "created" or "designed," but rather that they "evolved."

We can go back further, and using such things as chemistry and geology, discover how non-organic material on Earth 3.5 billion years ago became organic material which, over a great time, evolved into many species, including our own, Homo sapiens. You can go even further back, with physics, astronomy, cosmology, etc.: we know that the objects contained within the Universe are moving further away from each other, i.e. the Universe is expanding, and that the Universe is cooling; thus, by extrapolating back a long time (determined with such things as cosmic microwave background radiation), postulate that the Universe was once extremely dense and hot, i.e. a singularity; through physics and chemistry, the Universe expanded over time and various materials were born in stars, which detonated in supernovae, releasing the materials into vast clouds of debris, which could form new stars, planets, and other things, including our very own solar system, where on a smaller scale, life would develop.

Indeed, our knowledge of the world and Universe wherein we reside is continually expanding, seemingly without end; there is no longer a need to believe something like the geocentric theory, and likewise, there is no need to believe there is a god, at least not as the Abrahamic religions (i.e. Christianity, Judaism, Islam) define "God." Take for example, that ancient civilizations believed lightning was the doing of the god Zeus [Jupiter], but now we know that it is a natural, not supernatural, meteorological process, thus Zeus is unnecessary.

In the same way, we have very reasonable theories of how the Universe, Earth, and life on Earth originated, and we do not need extremely unreasonable theories, such as creationism, to explain these occurrences. Indeed, consider the fact that for a god to create something as complex as the Universe and everything therein, the god would need to be of even greater complexity, necessitating an even greater explanation as to where this god itself came from; the theory of a singularity at least terminates the timeline and tells us where we can presume time began, but the theory of a creator simply continues the regression ad infinitum; ergo, the theory of a creator or creators is simply, in and of itself, unreasonable and inefficient.

I am not attempting to "proselytize" here, merely educate. Believe as you wish, but I personally believe it is better to believe that which has evidence and is sensible, than to have "faith" in something far less efficient and sensible; indeed, it even permits us to recognize the true beauty of existence, and to recognize the enormous value of life, which is tantamount to invaluable.

Because of my irrepressible desire to eliminate imperfections, allow me to correct a grammatical error I made:

"meteorological process, thus Zeus is unnecessary." -> "meteorological process; thus Zeus is unnecessary." - 'thus' is a conjunctive adverb and is unfit to serve as a coordinate conjunction; consequently, it must be preceded, in this case, by a semicolon, not a comma! :lol:

winterangel,

No matter how complete our understanding of the material universe, the possibility will always exist that a 'creator' stands behind the events that produced the material universe..

The reason that belief in a creator persists is simple. No matter how much we learn, we as simple primates, will likely ALWAYS be ignorant of far more than we are aware...

One may not require a world-view that involves deity for deity to exist.

Again, this is a topic where "an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"...

YMMV...

Svenna

Svenna: The possibility will always exist because it's based on pseudo-philosophy. <_< Oh well.

Winterangel,

You make many points that are reasonable and backed up by science. The one question regarding the origin of the universe that I have yet to recieve an acceptable answer to is "where did the material that compriseed the singularity come from? For me, I have nor problem accepting the fact that God may have used evoltionary methods to create the universe, but I don't, in fact I canot believe it is all an accident. I really appreciate your respose though, differing opinions, especially well researched ones, are always interesting to me.

Svenna: The possibility will always exist because it's based on pseudo-philosophy. <_< Oh well.

The possibility will always exist precisely because it is always possible, literally speaking, because it is based on Boolean Logic, thank you..

One mustn't assume that they CAN know what lay outside their own subset of experiences, and one certainly shouldn't presume such items to be necessarily false.

Hey, I'm not even a christian, but a false premise is a false premise, (and an opinion is an opinion), so YMMV...lol..

Anyway, we have now sidetracked a post that is VERY important to the original poster, so let's be considerate and let this go..

Love and Diversity, Svenna