• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Election 2008 Usa

Who would you vote for for President?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If the election were held today who would you vote for?

• Mccain
    • Obama
    • Other Candidate
    • Undecided

The US Presidential debates are over. In 19 days either MCcain or Obama will be our next president for a LONG four years for better or worse. Make no mistake this is probably the most important election ever and your vote counts. Don't be fooled by the polls. Their accuracy may not be correct for hidden reasons not revelaed to pollsters. Despite what they tell you the country remains pretty evenly split on many issues. Your vote is important.

There are many issues in this campaign and both candidates have their strengths and weaknesses on each one. What do you feel are the most important issues and who do you think will do a better job? Who will you vote for?

No matter who you favor please be sure to vote.

TRANSGENDER PEOPLE CAN VOTE!

http://isabellestpierre.wordpress.com/2008...eople-can-vote/

Laura

Opps.Lets try this again. I think Obama is the best choice for the transgender community. The man seems to really want to help the poor and middle class. Whereas the republican's only care about the rich and big money. Do we really want 4 more years of bushes failed policies? I hope people are smart enough to see through the republicans lies. They do not talk of helping us at all. And all the while, people are still losing their jobs and homes, shops in Michigan are closing left and right. At least Obama is talking about helping Michigan out, retooling the auto plants, getting off oil. The man brings a sense of hope. I will be so happy if he wins. Remember though, Gore was ahead by double didgits at this time and still lost. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, one last thing, Obama will support the LGBT community, and isn't that what we want?

I would vote for McCain. I believe he has more experience and has a better understanding of how to get the economy moving. He doesn't agree on all of Bush's policies, and that is a very old argument. He encourages businesses, and wants them to grow and expand. He doesn't want them to fail and close. He supports creating new jobs. I disagree that he is all about large corporations. I think he does care and support the people, and Palin herself is middle class. She isn't a big corporation owner of any sort. Obama wants to increase spending, but he says he wants to lower taxes (surprisingly). The problem with Obama's theory, is that there is no money to spend! His spending would only increase the $10 trillion debt. Therefore, I would vote for McCain as he can get us out of our economical problems.

Haythorx

Human nature is an interesting thing. I watched all three debates and they did help me make up my mind. Most of the networks ran analysis and polls afterwards while interviewing undecided voters who watched the debate. It was amusing to see so many watching the same show come up with so many different views and opinions afterwards. Were we all watching the same debates or did some watch a different version :)? Both candidates supporters thought their candidate won. How can that be? Debates can be polarizing. Maybe the lesson learned is the answers and truths to our problems lies somewhere in the center rather than to the left or the right. No matter who wins they will have to reach out to the other side in order to get anything done anyway.

Laura

Guest Donna Jean

No matter who wins they will inherit an insane world.....our economy is shot, people losing savings and jobs, two wars going on at once, crime up, racism, bigotry, intolerance, hate,......oh yeah, someone has their work cut out for them. :( But all is not lost, we can pull together and make this a world class country again - the last eight years has lost a lot of pride, friends, and sense.

We'll come back to be what our country was meant to be and has been before...everybody, roll your sleeves up ;)

Luv Y'all :wub:

Veterans for Obama

Donna Jean

Well everyone seems the best in their favorite candidate. Also we understand what we like and that is why we support that candidate. The other candidate just doesn't seem to make sense and has lots of loopholes. To me that would be obama... he'll just crush the economy..

Guest Donna Jean

Sorry, dear, but how is Obama going to crush the economy? The Dow is down 30% ...2 Trillion in retirement savings lost, lowest housing starts in 25 years, the jobless rate is up in percentage, large and old institutions and going under....AIG, Lehman, Merril Lynch, etc...many banks are failing, the government has had to cut the interest half a dozen times, you and me as tax payers are going to be responsible for the 700 Billion the government just turned over to save

whats left of the banks, we've had two shots in the arm of rebates to jump start business, we're in hock up to our A** in debt to China, Japan, Kuwait, and others, the only car manufactures in this country are but a step away from bankruptcy, and if they go, so will the pensions of thousands who worked their life for a secure retirement.

Gas prices are driving up the cost of all things that have to be transported and heating fuels for this winter will destroy some people ....peoples jobs are being shipped over seas .milk is $4.00 a gallon......and.....you....say.. Obama will destroy the economy? :blink:

Ha ha ha ha ha ...pass me that doobie that you're smoking,,,,it must be good sh*t ;):lol:

I still love ya , dear.....but :P

Donna Jean

There is no question that the economy is the number one issue right now. It is a domino effect that leaves no one untouched. People waited for 8 years for the crumbs to trickle down. The crumbs I saved won't make an ounce let alone a pound cake. The economy is making up the minds of the undecided even though there are other issues. You would think both sides would be considering their contituents and be discussing the number one issue affecting voters. One party is doing this. The other is doing attack ads which leave the truth out. At some rallies people called out "Kill Obama and called him an Arab and a terrorist. Palin yesterday said the real Americans were only in small towns suggeting that city dwellers are unpatriotic. This sounds like a hate campaign to me. Imagine getting a tape recorded message on your phone at home that another candidate is a terrorist. This happened yesterday in several states. Even some Republicans have called for this to stop. When your behind in the polls avoid the issues and incite the crowds. Use hateful slogans and question peoples patriotism. Once you get them worked up they will forget the important issues. With two weeks left it will get nastier. People can and will say anything and with two weeks left there is no way to disprove what the attackers say at this point. Sowing doubt about your candidate may be enough. Get people worked up enough and they will forget nothing is in their empty wallets and retirement funds. Get them to vote on their emotions not their heads. Don't be fooled. Vote on the issues that are important to you not the rehetoric from the last minute surprise the loosing party will launch two days before the election.

THink, These guys have been running for two years. They have been well investigated by the press, the government and their campaigns. All the dirty laundry has been aired. If there was a hidden neighbor who heard them utter something shocking or a hidden love child somewhere it would be public by now. If one were truely a terrorist we'd have known by now. So surprises at this point made by either campaign are likely untrue. It doesn't mean someone won't try. It was done in 2000 and 2004 and almost every election i can remember. Sadly it worked. Vote the issues not the dirty politics or sensational claims. At least one party is betting you won't. Works everytime.

I respect whatever candidate anyone chooses. It's your right. Please though do vote. Your candidate needs you. Remember though to see the forest through the trees. Zoom out and see the "Big Picture" not just the small incomplete images people are showing you.

Laura

Kia Ora,

If I could vote I'ld vote for Barack Obama...American needs a fresh face to lead them and what better face than a black/brown one... He's young intelligent and wants to work towards world peace but not at the end of a gun[umm unlike John MacCain and the loose cannon Sarah 'gun'um down' Palin]...His also handsome to boot...What more could Americans ask for...A non white American President that the rest of the world likes...

Research carried out in other countries in Europe and elsewhere... the people's vote if they could vote would be Barack

Obama ...Even in tiny Aotearoa [NZ] most people if asked, would like to see Barack win...They think with him in charge there's a better chance of world stability!

I'm not American so I can't vote...But I will be voting in our coming election which coincides with the American election...Who will I be voting for ...The Greens or the Moari party...and Labour as the main party...

Happy Mindfulness

Metta Jendar

I'm not American so I can't vote...But I will be voting in our coming election which coincides with the American election...Who will I be voting for ...The Greens or the Moari party...and Labour as the main party

We have many users here from the UK, Canada and Europe. Feel free to start a thread and poll here on your election. This isn't just an American site. It's an International one. We've had visitors from very country in the world. That's why there are translation box's on almost every site page except the forums. UNofrtunately only English can be used in posts here. I'm hoping someday there will be a forum and a chat that will take all languages at the same time and translate instead of just one at a time like here. That would be awesome. The world is getting smaller.

:)

Laura

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Laura.......lets all take a look at this....how does this affect the thinking of people if the profiles between the candidates were reversed? Are there some pre-existing thoughts in our heads that make some things more logical.....or is it something else :mellow:

Are things kinda skewered here......would we be at this point with these candidates?..........................................

Take a look...........

What if?

Obama / Biden vs McCain/ Palin , what if things were switched around? . . . . . think about it.

Would the country's collective point of view be different if McCain & Obama had each other's history and qualifications?

Could racism be the

culprit? Ponder the following:

•What if the Obamas had paraded five children across the

stage, including a three month old infant and an unwed,

pregnant teenage daughter?

•What if John McCain was a former president of the Harvard

Law Review?

•What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his

graduating class?

•What if McCain had only married once, and Obama was a

divorcee?

•What if Obama was the candidate who left his first wife

after a severe disfiguring car accident, when she no longer

measured up to his standards?

•What if Obama had met his second wife in a bar and had a

long affair while he was still married?

•What if Michelle Obama was the wife who not only became

addicted to painkillers but also acquired them illegally

through her charitable organization?

•What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

•What if Obama had been a member of the Keating Five? (The

Keating Five were five United States Senators accused of

corruption in 1989, igniting a major political scandal as

part of the larger Savings and Loan crisis of the late 1980s

and early 1990s).

•What if McCain was a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

•What if Obama couldn' t read from a tele-prompter?

•What if Obama was the one who had military experience that

included discipline problems and a record of crashing seven

planes?

•What if Obama was the one who was known to display

publicly, on many occasions, a serious anger management

problem?

•What if Michelle Obama's family had made their money

from beer distribution?

•What if the Obamas had adopted a white child?

You could easily add to this list. If these questions

reflected reality, do you really believe the election

numbers would be as close as they are? This is what racism

does. It covers up, rationalizes and minimizes positive

qualities in one candidate and emphasizes negative qualities

in another when there is a color difference .

Educational Background :

Barack Obama :

Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a

Specialization in International Relations.

Harvard - Juris Doctor ( J. D. ) Magna orgasm Laude

Josep H. Biden :

University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in

Political Science.

Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor ( J. D. )

vs.

John McCain:

United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Sarah Palin :

Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester

North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study

University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism

Matanuska- Susitna College - 1 semester

University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Makes ya think, hunh?

Jeesh, what a world!

Peace

Donna Jean

Hey, Laura.......lets all take a look at this....how does this affect the thinking of people if the profiles between the candidates were reversed? Are there some pre-existing thoughts in our heads that make some things more logical.....or is it something else :mellow:

Are things kinda skewered here......would we be at this point with these candidates?

The numbers would be vastly different. Obama would not be leading. Unfortunately race is a factor here though McCain's camp doesn't say that directly. They do it in other ways. If McCain had been on the same position with Ayers in a casual business relationship would you believe McCain is a terrorist? Why not? However combine Obama's middle name with his skin color and people believe it. This weekend was a sad one in American election history. The MCcain camp made a audio recording using Obama's middel name and made him sound like a terrorist. Never mind that this was disproved by the media at the beginning of the year. Few can choose who is on their board of directors. THis was done by a phone robot that reached every phone in several states. Imagine getting that phone call that a Terrorist could be President. What would you think? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/18/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin . Some would be terrified.

But wait you say....... People are smarter than that. They'd check the facts. Oh really? Then why did the polls favoring Obama suddenly drop several points, overnight? Some people are really believing this crap. It's a distraction from the real issues. It's DIRTY politics with no real substance. This stuff happens in every election year at the last minute. Do people learn? NO! This is making people forget the last 8 years of lies about WMD's in Iraqu, going from a SURPLUs to a huge deficeit, lack of health care, unemployement, factory closings, loosing face in the world and a Greedy Wall Street fleecing our wallets and our country. How can people forget how we got here? Look in your wallet or your retirement account which lost 8 trillion dollars natiowide. It's broken and we need to fix it. How? By electing someone new. Why elect someone who voted with the Bush Administration 95% of the time whose policies got us here? Would a smart person do that? NAw, trust me I'm a "Mavrick". I'm different. I'll bring change. UH HUH! I ask you what kind of man allows his campaign to call people to tell them Obama's a terrorist on your home phone when he knows it isn't true. Should we elect someone like that?

If Obama were white he'd be ahead by 20 points. He is of mixed race which should bring us closer together. Instead McCain will likely win because he has sown fear into people's hearts and minds to scare them away from the candidate that actually has his own real plan for recovery. Damn the issues become a victim of dirty politics. If this scare campaign works I predict two years from now people will wake up scratching their heads standing in the bread line wondering "What did I do"? That's not the end of it either. Two years after that they will elect the idiot again. If you want to see the next 4 to 8 years in a preview just rewind the last 8. People are smart though. They'll vote with their heads, not their fears. Right.................? We shall see. If there was anytime i wish I was wrong, it's now.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Donna Jean

Laura says:

If Obama were white he'd be ahead by 20 points. He is of mixed race which should bring us closer together. Instead McCain will likely win because he has sown fear into people's hearts and minds to scare them away from the candidate that actually has his own real plan for recovery

No, No, No..sweetie...McCain is not going to win...The repubs DID sow fear into the harts and minds, but, watch out....we are all done with fear and intimadation and we are taking a new direction in this country! :D No more Bush and crony actions...the country is going to take a new direction shortly....LIBERAL is NOT a dirty word!! ;) and we don't have to take the hits to the head of the moral right whose views everyone must follow according to them!!! Look at us all here- we have lots of very liberal views...we accept each other and try to help each other.....we don't make judgement on anyone else as some make on us. We just want to make it through this life with as little hassle as possible ...Love-peace-happiness-acceptance-Things are going to change BIG time soon and then hopefully we can forge ahead and gain control of our lives.

Life is hard enough for all of us here, so , we don't need an added extra attraction to try to overcome.

If you are a US citizen and are old enough to vote ...please do...for whom ever you want, but, just remember what that vote will mean to you and your friends here ...I think that a lot would depend on how it will affect you as a differently gendered person. Why else are you here?

Think...Think......

All my luv to you all............

Donna Jean

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 124 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online