Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lolsmiley1341

Thinking about cutting again

10 posts in this topic

I have recently stopped cutting ONCE AGAIN but things at home are getting bad I promised myself I'd stop but I'm stressing out and I'm abt to go yet again

Maybe you need to get out of the house, or some other way get away from the trigger that is making you feel as you do. Cutting is never an answer, only a terrible attempt at solving a bad problem.- But - you know all that.

PLEASE love yourself enough not to injure? PLEASE?

Lizzie

Lizze,

Thank you for the reply you are correct I should look on positive things nd I do need to go outside it's just I guess I'm scared to :/

Thanks Again for your reply,

Abi

Abi

Grin - take care of yourself - keep us updated on how you are feeling.

Lizzie

Abi, Lizzie is right, cutting is a terrible thing to do to yourself. It may make you feel better temporarily by distracting you, but whatever is bothering you will still be there after you stop. In the meantime, you will have permanent reminders on your body.

If you feel this way again, please call the cutting hotline: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288), or log into the Chat room here, or call a friend or relative. The Chat Room staff are skilled at helping people in your situation.

Exercise or any activity that can get your mind off of things are good, too. Don't be alone if you can help it. Lastly, you can post in the forums or PM a moderator who is on duty. We'll do all we can for you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

try to find alternatives to cutting. Cutting is a coping techniques and without another one that can actually work, it does come back. It takes time and I know I have fallen off the wagon a number of times. Try ice or putting a butter knife in the freezer. There are some posts here that deal with alternatives, including music and playing video games, working out (shadow boxing is fun) etc.

Whether you cut or not you are still a wonderful and amazing person.

April

The other day was my 8th month non-cutting anniversary. Something that always helps is the thought that if I do cut I've given up ALL the progress I've made over that time.

Well done on 8 months

http://selfmutilatorsanonymous.webs.com/areyouinneedofhelp.htm

Hi Alex, found this and it looks legit to me. You are not alone...

Looks like the posts and blogs are recent, too.

I think you stopped by the email group I am involved in and while it may not meet your needs, this is the same idea applied to the issue you are most involved with. Please take some time to explore and see if it is a good fit for you, ok hon?

Best wishes

Michelle

Thanks ill check that out