• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pregnant MtF?

Guest Basilo

First, this is not asking if a MtF can get pregnant, and I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread. So, basically, I keep running across articles on the internet saying that a transwomen had a uterus and ovaries grown from her own stem cells. No, as much as I hope this is real, I am highly doubtful of that. So, basically, can anyone find any information on this?

Yeah, that's the website I found too... But something isn't adding up. First of all, I've never heard of this website before and have no idea if it's trustworthy. Secondly, if this were true, it would have made headlines everywhere because of how big of a leap this would be for stem cell research, and because the the general public seems to be interested in these kind of stories... So, what do you all think?

Guest Paul_London

I had a look at linked article and noticed the date. It's only a few hours off of 1st April, and probably posted as a prank article.

Sent from iPhone

Guest praxis

How fun to speculate, but definitely a prank!

I believe we'll see it become a reality in the next 15-30 years, though perhaps only affordable for the priviledged - doesn't help those of us now. Remember the Human Genome Project? I heard on NPR yesterday that you can now have your entire genome sequenced for $3k and they will give you a report of all the conditions you may be genetically at risk for. It's not fertility, but it's the kind of medical science that will eventually make fertility in MtF and FtM possible.

Guest Basilo

How fun to speculate, but definitely a prank!

I believe we'll see it become a reality in the next 15-30 years.

15 years? Lol, predictions I've read put it at 5-10 years, and that honestly sounds pretty accurate, so....

Having examined several thousand hysterectomy specimens ove an 28 year career in Pathology, the uterus requires a very intricate vascular system. We have the ability to transplant many human organs today. We are the edge of many break throughs in stem cell technology and treatments. I'll go out on a and predict that in the next 25 to 50 years medical science will be able to grow replacement organs up to and including growing a functional uterus fallopian tubes and ovaries as replacement for GG females who lose theirs as well as a functional uterus for TG woman. Imagine the history that would be made to be the first TG woman to give birth.

Kathryn