• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Weight Watchers

Guest Amanda Whyte

Guest Amanda Whyte

I thought I would start a thread for my Weight Watchers journey. Anybody else who is using Weight Watchers feel free to chime in with their own journey.

I started Weight Watchers Friday, February 3rd. On that day I weighed 270.6 lbs and was given 52 points a day. A week later I weighed 266.2 lbs but was still at 52 points. My question that day was, "How in the heck am I supposed to eat 52 points?" I was eating around 35 points a day (which coincidentally is the points I would have if I had been born in the correct female body).

The next Friday, February 17th, I weighed 263.4 lbs and finally dropped to 51 points. This past Friday I weighed 260.2 lbs and dropped to 50 points. I am loving this and am loving Weight Watchers.

Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and start exercising.

I joined weight watchers online back in July as a female and I weighed 255 when I started and I am down to 209 now. I sometimes fall off the band wagon for a week or two and when I do, if I'm lucky I just maintain my previous weight and don't gain anything. All in all though it hasn't been too hard. As long as I budget my points and eat right I am never hungry (Thank goodness fruits and veggies are 0 points!).

One question though... At the start of the new points plus with the original points, at 209lbs they said that I should have 37 points, and now they've updated and changed it and they're saying I have 42...(or was it 41?) so how do you have only 35? If 35 points works for you that's great! but remember, every time you go below a 5 lb mark (265, 260, 255, 250 etc) you will keep losing points. So if you figure how many points you'll lose between now and your goal weight I am concerned if that will be enough points to help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you properly nourished on the journey.

Right now I have my goal weight set at 160 but when I reach a weight (higher or lower) that I am happy with I will stop there. So my points, as of now, by the time I reach 160 would be... according to official points plus right now I'd be at 33 or 34 points per day when I reach 160 lbs. Of course I'm 6'3"ish so I'm not really sure how our other differences, height, age, etc will factor in to affect our points totals but that seems like a drastic difference for you between male and female points.

Of course... I just checked some points plus daily allowance calculators online and one said I'd have 29 points, another said 28 points at my current weight so something seems off in general. Anyways, do keep an eye on your points and maybe calculate the points you would have by the time you reach goal and make sure it'll be enough to live on! I'm sure it'll all be evened out here soon and points plus will finally start making more sense. Despite this, I do love Weight Watchers. I've lost significant amounts of weight twice in my life with them now and they have always made it easy and as fun as dieting can be.

Anyways, good luck with your journey! It is good to know I am not alone in my transition or my dieting and hopefully one day we will see each other at our respective goal lines!

*hugs*

~Jade.

Guest Amanda Whyte

Jade, I actually have 50 points since I am not on HRT but am living off of around 35. Those points were calculated at the 270.6 lbs because they "made a mistake" and entered me as a female when I first joined, when that happened I had somewhere around 35 or 36 points. When it was "corrected" I jumped all the way up to 52 points. No way I could eat that everyday and loose weight. Especially since fruits and vegetables are free. I am 5" shorter than you and that does matter. As far as goal weight, I dont have an ultimate goal weight I will just see where I feel comfortable.

Good luck to you too with your weight loss journey.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Amanda:

Girl, consider me a cheerleader cheering from you all the way!

May Lacey Girl make a suggest? Starting right now, in your mind's eye. See yourself EXACTLY as you want to be. Do this several times a day. Do this every day. This will create the desire and the discipline that will set you and keep you your way.

Honey, you're a hottie in the making, and I'm so proud of you! Yeehi!

Peace :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Lacey

Guest Amanda Whyte

Well, I weighed in again friday and now I am down to 257 lbs. I have posted on the Weight Watchers forum about not eating all my points and was warned against it. I know I am not getting all of the Healthy Guidlines they want me to get. I am going to gradually increase my eating healthy stuff till I am within 5 of my points alloted and see how that does. I am doing this in baby steps as I try to do with all things.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RainingOnTheSky

Congratulations on your successes thus far Amanda!

I lost quite a bit of weight on NutriSystem a few years ago, but gained like 15% of it back over the past 6 months. I have been counting points on Weight Watchers now since January and have lost 18 lbs so far. It's a lifestyle change, and every step forward, even a small one, is that much closer to where you want to be! A step backwards is something we all have from time to time, so with that in mind, I'm sure you'll reach your goal!