• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Feeling / Urge

Guest Amanda Whyte

Guest Amanda Whyte

Had a brand new ?feeling? come over me today. I have had toned down dysphoria and other urges to dress before. The urge I had today was to go out dressed. Not ready to do that yet, I want to get someone to help me get ready first. My usual coping mechanisms plus a call to my Sis, Eliza got me through it. I guess I am going to have to make some plans. I see the next step is coming

I have had that urge for the past 18 years but it has only been in the past 2 years that i have been able to... Now my urge is to be a full woman 24/7 and on HRT .... i wounder how long it will be before that comes true.

Hi Mandy,

So...you want to leave the house as yourself?

Seriously, it feels like a big step. My first time out was to see my therapist, a few weeks later my support group, after that my electrologist sessions, then the local Kroger for groceries. I was so nervous the first time I ate in a restaurant, until I realized that NOBODY was staring at me, they were just...you know: eating! The thing is that most people aren't really paying very close attention anyway and women come in all shapes and sizes. Oh and not to forget that some don't seem to have a flair for fashion either. Just stay safe, and remember that women are more vulnerable so you have to pay attention to your surroundings and avoid places that put you at risk.

Hugs,

Shari

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Amanda!

I have been wondering how life is treating you!

Yes, sounds like you are approaching your next step!

So glad you can call upon your sister!

I hope you will find the perfect person(s) to assist you in preparing to participate in this next step when you are ready!

Thinking of you and your family, wishing you all the very best!

Brad

Guest Amanda Whyte

I am soo hopeing it happens soon. I have wanted it before but this is the first time I have had an urge to. I know some will say to get myself ready but that is beyond my comfort zone right now. I am hopeing I find someone soon to help me get ready.
Guest ThisisSparkle

I hope this helps. But over the last year i have gone out all doll-ed up. But its a step by step. Start small. Wear some new underwear for a week or 2. Then that with some jeans. Then find some shirts you like. After a while just try adding some light mascara on. Each new thig you add dont watch others reaction, watch your own around others. And above all be yourself, the true you. Allow yourself to feel good. It goes both ways for everyone.

The thing i realized after a while was that if you remebe being young, when you wanted to tey something new, you take your time, but the thrill of doing somethig new is so exciting.

You can do it. Its worth it. It can be a huge step to being you. If nothing else just start by doing stuff around the house all day and see how ya feel. We crawl before we walk, we walk before we run.

Again hope this helps.

Peace

• Forum Moderator

Just be safe. Find a time and place where you are likely to be accepted and then go for it. It's your life and you have the right to express yourself in your own way no matter how anyone feels about it or what they think.

Many have faced these feelings and successfully ventured out. But I know it's very scary. You have shown great common sense here and I know whenever and however you do this it will be fine

Hugs

Johnny

Guest Maitane

Amanda,

I can tell you this going out as your true self in a way is excited and nerve racking. I am thinking of the day I will go out in public. but know this you will know in your heart when the time is right. don't ever dought yor self allways have a positive attitude I am with you trust your heart

XOXO

Guest Amanda Whyte

Sparkle, I have been wearing panties for months but it is more the opportunity. It is a long story but I just have to work out a chance to go out.

JJ, thanx for the words of encouragement. I will choose a safe place to go out to, when I finally get a chance to go out.

Maitane, thank you also for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Guest Ney'ite

Amanda, I just wanted to say it is wonderful to see you as you progress on your journey - I am very excited for you and gawd do I remember being where you are now! Others have offered some very good suggestions so there is not really much more I could add, other than the first time I wore something non-male (simply a top) out was to my electrologist, I changed in my car and put on my one and only female shirt I had at the time under my winter jacket (you have winter on your side right now to cover your clothing). Only she saw me, and before I left her office, I put my jacket back on.

It was a wonderful feeling to finally wear something that was "me," even though only one other person saw it. But that did not matter! I already said it but I don't care: I am so very excited for you, Amanda!! :D :D

Guest Elizabeth K

Grin

You are on the way to presenting as your true self. That will liberate you in ways you cannot even understand right now! WOW

But

Baby steps. Take it easy and lean to savor each new step. Its like slipping into a new world - a plunge int the swimming pool of life can be had - but it is better done by gently easing into that deliciously satisfying water.

Lizzy

Guest Amanda Whyte

I have worn a blouse to both of the support groups I have been to, however I cant make myself take off the sweatshirt I were over it. I know that is REALLY silly but I just felt awkward dressing part way. I felt I had to be either (male name) or Mandy.

Guest Ney'ite

I have worn a blouse to both of the support groups I have been to, however I cant make myself take off the sweatshirt I were over it. I know that is REALLY silly but I just felt awkward dressing part way. I felt I had to be either (male name) or Mandy.

That is the neat thing about this, Amanda - you do what is right for *you* and *you* alone at the moment - when *you* are ready, you will add the next step (whatever that is for you - everyone is different).

I love it: Amanda is slowly starting to blossom! :D

Guest Brianna_Denise

Ive been wanting to go out in public as dressed like woman for years so i could buy clothes cuz sometimes theyre so expensive online, best bet if you live in a small town like i do go to a big city. thats what makes me feel comfortable.

• Forum Moderator

Had a brand new ?feeling? come over me today. I have had toned down dysphoria and other urges to dress before. The urge I had today was to go out dressed. Not ready to do that yet, I want to get someone to help me get ready first. My usual coping mechanisms plus a call to my Sis, Eliza got me through it. I guess I am going to have to make some plans. I see the next step is coming

Uh oh... Somebody else is about to open Pandora's box! Before you do it, it can seem like the toughest thing in the world. But after you do it (if nothing makes you scurry back into the closet) you wonder why you didn't do it earlier, or... that was easy, something along those lines anyway. Closets are for clothes or brooms. Not people.

Guest Amanda Whyte

Mackenzie, VERY close to that happening, I think! I do envy the mentor you have in person and SOOO wish I had someone like that. ;)

Guest rikkicd64

Uh oh... Somebody else is about to open Pandora's box! Before you do it, it can seem like the toughest thing in the world. But after you do it (if nothing makes you scurry back into the closet) you wonder why you didn't do it earlier, or... that was easy, something along those lines anyway. Closets are for clothes or brooms. Not people.

Well said Mackenzie,I don't have any regrets in going out my first time now,I did wonder why I had not done it earlier.Now I have to force myself to wear mens clothes,and when I do,I have on makeup,earrings,pantys,hose and heels.

Thanks,Rikki...

• Forum Moderator

As far as forcing myself to wear mens clothes, it never got better. It got a lot worse.I kept looking better everytime I was out (ok, I had my ups and downs, I mean over all) and my "guy" appearance went down the toilet. I really didn't care what I looked like as a guy and it really showed.