Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gennee

New Ministry Forming

5 posts in this topic

A task force is being formed in my church to a ministry for LGBTQI persons, allies, family and friends. There will be a meeting on March 29th in which I will be attending. I'm pretty excited about this because I believe that the church should be a place where LGBTQI persons should be welcomed.

I already shared with my pastor that I'm transgender so I'm hoping that there are more transgender folks attending.

:)

This sounds wonderful. It is also an opportunity for you to educate people and take a leadership role. There is no end to the amount of good that you can do.

Keep us updated?

Lizzy

Absolutely wonderful to hear Gennee. I am a member of my national church's GLBT organization. As I have posted before, I am an Episcopalian, and the orgainization is Integrityusa.org. Go ahead and take a look over there, and while the stuff is oriented in the Episcopal church, there are some topics and some instructional aids that could be used by any church group. I am excited for you and the opportunity this presents.

i'm really excited about this. Lizzy, educating people about being transgender is one dream of mine. Vicky, I will take a look at Integrity website. I've have heard of them.

That's really cool, I wish my church was that up to date and forward thinking.

Cath