Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VickySGV

Trans DVD in the works for my national church body to see...

2 posts in this topic

I belong to a GLBT group working in the national framework of the Episcopal Church to be sure that we are included fully in the church. I just got an e-newsletter from them today announcing that by the end of today, filming will be complete on a DVD on Trans People that will be available at our national convention in early July. The title of the DVD will be Out Of The Box, which I for one think is a great title (OK, so do they) since you do have to do a little thinking outside of any box to really get to know us. This is the link to the news release put out by the organization.

http://walkingwithintegrity.blogspot.com/2012/03/integrity-produces-groundbreaking.html

The reason the filming had to wait until today to be finished is that they wanted to be sure and get some pictures of the ordination of a trans woman who is being ordained to one of our churches orders of clergy today in Stockton CA. If I had known about it before, I would have been 300 miles north going to the ordination myself.

This summer our church's governing body will have some very Trans specific topics to consider and they look like winners at this point in time, but the DVD is to make us look as good as we can.

I tried putting a response on their web site but don't know if it took or not. I told them thanks for people being able to "See The T"..

That is really awesome!

Bobbi