• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Birth Certificate Came in the Mail and...

JenniferB

...I am on cloud nine. Not only is my legal name on there, and it's now confirmed, so is my true gender. :ThanxSmiley: :ThanxSmiley: . :ThanxSmiley:

So as far as Indiana is concerned I was born as Jennifer B. <last name> and my gender marker is now female. I am not even full time yet, let alone had SRS. Unbelievable! All I needed was my court order for my gender marker change. Indiana would not even accept a surgeon's letter. My court order did have a clause that I wasn't seeking a gender change on my Birth Certificate. However the court order did not say to exclude changing my gender on my birth certificate. The judge said she never saw this specific court order before. And when I said it was written up by the local LGBT center, and that I was born in Indiana (I live in Arizona), she signed it. I guess that made all the difference. When I die I will now be known as a woman, and that is wonderful.

Speaking of going full time, I talked to HR today and sent an e-mail to management telling them that on May 7 (49 days), I want to go to work as Jennifer permanently, meaning that's when I start living as Jennifer 24/7. More documents will need to be changed first, but there is ample time to do so. That will be another hurdle jumped. After that all legal documentation will say I am Jenny and only the Soc Sec Admin will list me as a male.

Next I want to apply for a passport, although it may not be necessary because of my new birth certificate. After that, all that is left is SRS and my Soc Soc gender marker change.

I don't know if any other state has such progressive laws as Indiana. And for those that don't, I hope they trend this way.

Love,

Jenny

Congratulation s Jennifer:

This is a proud day for you and those baby steps are over. You have arrived and are true to yourself.

Kathryn

I hope they trend that way too! Congratulations Jenny!! This is really exciting news!! Pretty soon "He" will be a thing of the past! Sweet!

*Hugs*

~Jade.

Guest Ney'ite

Congrats, Jenny!!! This gives me inspiration to do mine, too! I have not done my B.C. mostly because I have not needed it for anything yet. My license, registration, everything else, has my correct name and gender. But this is good news! So happy for you!

*big hugs!!!!*

Guest Isobelle Fox

Fantastic! Congrats!!

I finally sent off for my birth certificate change last month, so I was only about 6 months late getting around to it (had my day in court last august for name and gender change). Supposedly, in this state, they will only do the name change now and will do the gender later if I can provide proof of SRS, but the court order was for the change of both on all my other id, so I have day dreamed about how nice it would be if they granted both on the BC. ::laughs:: I also finally fixed my vehicle title recently. There were just a couple of things that didn't seem as urgent back when I was fixing all of the various papers, but I think these two are the last bits of unfinished business.

Now, if I could only figure out how to get SRS, I could get on with my life.

Guest Donna Jean

Wonderful news, Honey!

Outstanding!

Unfortunately I was born in one of the three states that won't change gender on your BC under any circumstances....sux

But, that doesn't mean I can't get my drivers license and other docs changed....I already have my name changed...

Good on you, girl!

Huggs

Dee Jay

• Admin

Absolutely fantastic, Jennifer. It's not something that happens everyday. Enjoy the feeling, and be sure to get a nice frame. :thumbsup:

HUGS

Carolyn Marie