• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Taran

Kickstarter Project for Fantasy Anthology on Gender

Guest Taran

Hi, everyone. I've never posted on this particular area of the forum before, but I found something in the works today and would be interested in people's opinions.

There's a Kickstarter project going on right now for a fantasy anthology called Scheherazade's Facade, which will require $5000 in pledges up-front before it can go ahead. It's already almost halfway there, and I'm thinking about contributing myself. The subtitle is "Fantastical Tales of Gender Bending, Cross-dressing, and Transformation" and the writers involved are Alma Alexander, C. S. MacCath, Paolo Chikiamco, Tiffany Trent, Melissa Mead, Tanith Lee, Aliette de Bodard, Lyn C. A. Gardner, Sunny Moraine, Shanna Germain, Sarah Rees Brennan, and David Sklar. Anybody heard of any of them? (For myself, I feel like I should know the name Tanith Lee, but I've no idea from where.)

Scheherazade's Facade (Google Search)

--Taran

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• jae bear
    • Katie_marie
    • Elyssia
  • Who Was Online

93 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • jae bear
    • Katie_marie
    • Elyssia
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Katelyn
    • AsTheCrow
    • JBfox
    • Rowan
    • Brenna
    • Frank
    • DenimAndLace
    • MaryEllen
    • ChickenLittle
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Julie J
    • stbSusan
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Jocelyn
    • Rachael
    • Jani
    • Becca1108
    • Kirsten
    • Dimitri K
    • Sharon Aml
    • mochi90
    • LittleRed
    • VickySGV
    • Michelle F
    • Cluck1992
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Martyn
    • Annie
    • Danielle J
    • Lexi
    • Jennifer Anne
    • AB
    • Dakota16
    • Dev
    • ChasingSerenity
    • Amy joey
    • Anna75
    • Charlize
    • Petra Jane
    • Carly Hughes
    • Amory
    • JJ
    • Terry
    • Adaline
    • kamakshi
    • Isabelle
    • Kali-Ann Gills
    • Fernode
    • Erika_E
    • ryanedson
    • Marbabar
    • CyndiRae
    • Sally
    • MaryMary
    • Cthorne
    • MarcieMarie12
    • Josiep
    • Miss Linnea
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Jojo
    • jo jo
    • tracy_j
    • Geirmundi
    • Avra
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Nykoli55
    • nicoJumpCannon
    • KeiraC
    • Pretty Muse
    • Ronny Lekx
    • KoreyA
    • KiraWolf
    • Jamie james
    • Jlandry1970
    • Luna L
    • LesleyAnne
    • BrandiBri
    • Timber Wolf
    • Lady Ayu
    • Zavida
    • Bpdisturbed
    • lylesnake
    • Emily98
    • ChelseaAnn
    • Ash.Knight
    • Jennylynn
    • TiaMaria
    • Wendy Girl
    • Zedarius
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Becca1108
    Newest Member
    Becca1108

No users celebrating today
    • Katie_marie
      I'm having an anxiety attack. How am I supposed to go back to work knowing that they all know my wish to transition? Knowing they were eavesdropping on my conversations with my therapist? What if they try to oust me or worse? I would be lying if I said I wasn't frightened. I'm actually TERRIFIED!!!   Katie
    • Katie_marie
      My apologies Julie. Missed the name....
    • ChickenLittle
      Feel free to pm me any time if you want help with stuff! 
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Frank, Welcome to TransPulse.   I would have to say this. If you feel that you are a male, then that's what you are. A male. I'm aware that the economic situation in Venezuela is not good so it's understandable that you cannot afford a therapist. The next best thing is to talk with us here. We have many members here who can give you advice on how to handle unsupporting parents and how to appear more manly. Feel free to ask questions. I'm sure you'll get answers. If you haven't already, join the chat here. You'll be able to chat one on one with knowledgeable trans men who can give you good advice. Good luck.   MaryEllen
    • SugarMagnolia
      Wow. That's amazing! I would imagine that the general election in November will be even tougher for her, but winning the primary is in and of itself an incredible thing. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/primary-elections-results-august-14/h_cc611965245ae81556a84c730c3516aa   This is wonderful and amazing.  Go Christine!   Carolyn Marie
    • Frank
      Hello, I am a 19 years old girl from Venezuela, since I was a little kid I've always liked to dress like a boy and play with boy's toys, I had a girlfriend during my early teenage phase, my parents (religious) got extremely mad with it but till today they haven't brought up the topic again so I assume they forgot about it. My parents tried to force me to be "girly and flirty" multiple times by buying me clothes I disliked until I turned 15 and stopped caring about that, I've always felt more comfortable dressing like a boy or "androgynous" because I dislike dresses, skirts, sandals, adjusted shirts (I don't like looking myself on the mirror and watching my boobies). Lately I have been fantasizing a lot (EVERYDAY) with being a man, even on my sexual fantasies I'm the guy, which made me wonder if I'm actually trans. I have done things like pretending I am a man online when I was younger, I have taken it too far at the point of editing my voice in calls to sound like a guy, at some times I thought I was actually a guy, It's hard to explain with words, I guess when you tell yourself a lie for too long you start believing it. I wish I could contact a gender therapist or something but:  I can't afford it, the economic situation in this country is horrible.  There are not gender therapists in Venezuela, the society is years behind, so even if I could afford it I can't get to one. I wish I could find out if I'm actually trans or I'm just confused (maybe because of my depression), this situation gets me terribly bad, everytime I look in the mirror I mess up with my hair to see how would I look with a short hair (my mom doesn't want me to get a haircut), I see myself as a man, I don't like looking at my sexual parts, I feel they don't belong to me and I would prefer to have a -censored- penis. I came out to my grandma and my best friend but that hasn't helped anything since I can't start doing anything to actually feel better, it's sad having to pour my sorrow on internet but I'm really desperate.
    • AsTheCrow
      My first shave with the safety razor went great, by the way! My face has never been smoother! There is still room for improvement, but because it was my first time, I just gave it two with-the-grain passes to get the knack of it. When I feel I've got a good handle on it I'll go cross-grain on the second pass for a closer shave.  
    • Jani
      Since I've retired I try to pick up the slack wherever I can!  Ha! 
    • SugarMagnolia
      And here I was thinking that the sleeping in was my task. I'm glad you covered for me, Jani!
    • SugarMagnolia
      I'm about as liberal as they come, but I have no problem with responsible gun ownership for personal protection for those who choose to do so. It's not something that I personally feel the need for, but I respect those who choose to exercise that right. 
        I do think this must seem a bit strange to our forum friends out side the USA, though. 🙂  
    • Katie_marie
      That’s perfect advice SugarMagnolia! Thanks!
    • SugarMagnolia
      That's so great, Katie!

I agree with the search idea above.

I'd also suggest taking it one step further and thinking about what parts of your body to play up, not just hide. That's different for all of us, but it can sometimes be helpful in putting together outfits. Ultimately, you can't hide your body but you can play to your strengths and that will make the process a little more enjoyable. 😀

For example, I don't have much in the way of curves and would be classified as having a rectangular body shape, but I do have long trim legs and so showing those off appropriately (no short shorts or mini skirts!) is something that I can feel good about even as I work to minimize my shoulders, not draw attention to the size of my feet and provide the illusion of cleavage. 

I'm not sure how helpful this info is for you, but I wish you luck and joy in finding your style. It can be a lot of fun!

Julie
    • SugarMagnolia
      Posting this for other CA folks thinking about the same. It is quite detailed and includes examples in the appendix. I've attached the file and included the link below so people can get the latest copy in the future.
      https://transgenderlawcenter.org/resources/id/id-please ID_Please_FINAL_7.25.14.pdf
    • VickySGV
      I had the very real experience of a Trans friend telling me that some three of four days before they had been approached by a police officer asking if they knew a <Male Name> shortly after a person we both knew had been badly beaten up, but thankfully had lived without too many lingering problems.  I vaguely remembered a part of our victimized friend's long ago male name  but the person talking to me had never known them as anything other than Trans female.  My unhurt friend  did have information on suspects for the attack and went to the Police department who eventually did get the culprits but that was several months down the line.   SIGH.   
  • Upcoming Events