Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RainbowGoth98

How do I get started on my voice?

7 posts in this topic

My voice is so deep I can't stand it! I don't care who notices, I don't care if im not going full time I WANT A PASSING VOICE!

any advice, girls?

I started with a REALLY HIGH falsetto. That was just to get my voice used to the higher pitches. Once I got comfortable with that, I began softening my voice until it was within a normal speaking range. Of course, this is just so you can get the gist of speaking in your female tone.

Something I did for a while was on my commute to work (of course for you, just substitute when you have some alone time since I do believe you still go to school) I would sing in falsetto to female singers who had quite a high range. This got my voice out of male range and helped adjust my vocal chords to something I could actually work with. I have been working on it for over 2 years now, and while I am never misgendered now, it did take a lot of practice and did not happen over night.

Here are some resources you may find useful:

Voice exercises

http://www.transgend.../exercises.html

This video series is now available free on YouTube from Genderlife

And here is the workbook (also now free) that accompanies this video (Thank you my friend, Jenny: I quoted you from another post so you would get an alert)

You can download the free workbook that goes with the video. http://www.genderlif...-page/voicebook

HTH

CandiFLA method works pretty well and is a way to feel how low resonance is.

You will need a microphone/recorder (audacity is good for recording on pc).

Then when you are getting closer to the voice you want, practice practice practice until it's natural.

Check out Exceptionalvoice.com this is a website by Kathy Perez who has worked with trans woman for years to develop an exceptional feminine everyday voice. Kathy is a Speech Language Pathologist and has earned world wide fame in teaching thousands of trans woman worldwide to bring out an exceptional female voice. I now fool people over the phone after daily practice with Kathy's CD Roms practicing and learning to speak in the A3 range or 220 Htz which is the female normal voice range. Check out Kathy Perez for you best feminine voice and then practice daily at least 20 to 30 minutes. I practice on the way to work and on the way home. I love the progress I'm making improving my best feminine voice. Thanks Kathy for your excellent training program. Katheryn

http://youtu.be/bXWXaoSWkdM

Stumbled on this...yeah, she calls herself the "T" word (personally, I hate it!), but wow, this actually works quite well!

I'm still learning. I find it easier on the phone because I can hear myself and keep adjusting. It would be much more difficult if it were not for my beloved Dee Dee who was the first woman in my whole life to encourage me in seeking my true self. She is tirelessly patient and gentle with my attempts and keeps encouraging me to not give up. I also practise on my commute and when walking my dog, who doesn't seem to mind my experimentation at all, and more recently, with phone solicitors and poll takers. I too, start as high as I can in falsetto, then soften and lower. Trying for the breathy Marilyn Monroe sound helps also.