Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ValerieD

Blinking

10 posts in this topic

Is there a difference between how men and women blink? Apparently my blinking gives me away as male, at least that's what someone said. I'm not sure what I can do to change my blinking; my eyes tend to be dry, and I blink when nervous as well.

Good question, according to Wikipedia "it's a myth that women blink almost twice as often as men"

Perhaps this myth is perpetuated by "flirtatious blinking" associated with women

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink

C -

Apparently my blinking gives me away as male, at least that's what someone said.

I say that someone is full of horse droppings.

This is the craziest case of being read that I've ever...well..read. (no other way to put it. lol)

Never heard of any differences. I doubt there are.

Lizzy

Only thing that come to mind is women tend to have longer eyelashes , and so blinks look different

<<< hug >>>

Nice topic :)

:wub: vanna

Only thing that come to mind is women tend to have longer eyelashes , and so blinks look different

<<< hug >>>

Nice topic :)

:wub: vanna

That's good to know - mine are pretty long as they are! :-)

One thing might be worth noting: I developed a dry eye condition recently after spending way too long on the computer doing intensive assignments at uni, and I did read somewhere that conditions like this affect women more than men due to it being a side-effect of female hormones, so maybe women have to subconsciously blink more in order to prevent it happening in the first place?

Might try using an Over The Counter artificial tears solution. I use them because of an allergy conditon that is in high gear right now.

I blink like a girl........

Because I blink........and.....I'm a girl......

lol

Dee Jay

Tears - that is one thing I would think we are good at!

Lizzy