Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paula ult

Becoming Me

Paula ult

Eight families with transgender and gender non-conforming children ranging in ages from 5 to 25 share their stories. With the healthy development of their children at stake, parents must confront binary perceptions of gender, widespread transphobia and controversial parenting decisions.

Paula

MaryEllen

What a wonderful video, Paula. Thank you so much for posting this. :)

MaryEllen

Guest Mia J

Thank you Paula I finally had a chance to watch this. What wonderful parents. Maybe all parents of gender questioning children should watch this. I think the most important message the parents had was to just support them and let them be what they want to be.

Mia

Guest Angelica Alice

Yay! I was looking for this link, I was lazy to see the video the first time I found it! :)

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Paula,

Thanks so much for sharing this with us! :D

With Gratitude,

Brad

JenniferB

Here is an follow-up article on one of the transgender children in the video.

"One Little Girl"

http://www.metroweekly.com/news/opinion/?ak=7229

Jenny

Guest Jenny C

OOOH I had missed this video... Great !!!! Times changes so much... We were so far away when I was young... Can not imagine what my life would have been. Oh... ... .... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Love,

Jenny

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• Jani423
    • MaryEllen
    • Jamied
    • DJ
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Jani423
      I like trucks too.  I've always driven Dodge's.  I still have my 1989 Dodge D350 one ton dually.  It was primarily used as a race car hauler and I had a slide in camper on it for a while for use at the track.  I've hauled everything in this truck and it never fails to make me smile.  I always get comments about it as it's an "old school" style with bolt on fender extensions.     Jani
    • Sharon Aml
      Hello all    I’m half way into my 8th month of HRT I would say the explosive exuberance has subsided although I am still feeling wonderful about this journey. I’m kind of settling in with my new life and acceptance of who I am very comfortably. My wife is a little bit better as it all becomes more familiar. It’s one day at a time for me and so far they have added up nicely .    All the best to everyone on their own journey                   Sharon Aml  
    • Charlize
      Welcome Chris.  It sounds like your moving out from under of your past.  My journey was in many ways similar to yours.  I'm glad you've joined us here.  This site has helped me especially as i learned i wasn't alone.  Sharing with others eased some of the difficulties i had faced and that continue to face me as a trans* person.  I must add that i love to share my "triumphs" as well.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • MSCHRIS58
      OKC Dearest,Wonderful to see openness and invitation Chatting with a beautiful person that has been through What I Have experience Since a child.                           Thank You,MS.Chris
    • MSCHRIS58
      Hello I am Chris.This was my abbreviated name at birth.I Have been with a wonderfully careing,And totally trusting gender counselor for close to ten months now.I Have been on hormone therapy ,Monitored by a Careing and trusted Doctor Since October of 2015.The three of us combined,Working together.I the client,They the professionals.Have sent a letter to surgeon /s.That within this year,Help me toward achieving my life long goal of reassignment surgery.I am true to my self  excited!This is not my biological biography,Yet away for myself to open up with others who are shamed oppressing us to keep our inner knowledge ie,A secret.I was raised by a careing single mother.Who worked and provided the best to her ability.I have five other siblings.The black and white,My mother.Bless her,Did not ,Would not,Understand as a tortured child.All my feelings as a female trapped in a boys body.I repeatedly explained these experienced daily feelings to her.I kept a daily diary,That allowed me in expanding my writing skills.Vocabulary,And above all.Released some frustration.I had gotten a job as a child delivering a local weekly newspaper,And along with that in the summers picked berries,beans and cucumbers.With my earned money,I would purchase girls clothes,shoes,etc..   These age appropriate girls clothes were a release,I could dress up,Dress down at bedtime.Yet with my brothers and sisters around,I couldn't.For they would tell our mother.Strict punishment.So I learned the keep it in the closet.Everything feminine I owned was tossed in the garbage.My diary read and thrown away.My eldest sister sharing contents of passage with her close friends.And the older classmates teased me repeatedly.Yet I go right back at purchasing Jr clothing,Writing And Reading any and all subject pertaining too transgender people and their individual behaviors within society.My mother believing fetishes,Crossdressing,Homosexuality.Was my motivation.All were flatly incorrectly diagnose.I am a female,And I want act out as normal as my sister's,Their girlfriend,My girlfriends/ classmates.I n closing,Back in the decades of the 1960s-70s.Not much was acceptable about transsexuals,Labels were a standard.And wrong.I was miserable as a child,And it became worse in my life as a teen,And into my twenties.Onset of male hormones,My beautiful soft voice turning into an alto sax.(Cry ,tears time)Suicidal times.I had never discuss with anyone," The Family shame".I once ,accompanied with my mother to the doctors office visit.Tried discussing I was a girl trapped inside this hairy boys body.Mom,quelling/ slapping my mouth as I talked to my doctor.His reply was listen to Your mother.I drew a conclusion from this doctor visit as a black and white.Never mentioning I am a female trapped inside a males body to any one,Professional or not.Which was totally wrong!And stealing estrogens,birth control pills,so as to stop androgens.Is also a wrong I did! Drinking alcohol after turning twenty one,So I could forget and also a means to magnifying estrogen.I smoked cigarettes,stimulating me as I write in my diary.Only drug I tried was one leafy kind.I somehow was in a pattern of self destruct.I stopped all those ,and been clean of all since 2009.In ending.I had wish that I seek help as a child!💗
    • MSCHRIS58
      Hello I am Chris.This was my abbreviated name at birth.I Have been with a wonderfully careing,And totally trusting gender counselor for close to ten months now.I Have been on hormone therapy ,Monitored by a Careing and trusted Doctor Since October of 2015.The three of us combined,Working together.I the client,They the professionals.Have sent a letter to surgeon /s.That within this year,Help me toward achieving my life long goal of reassignment surgery.I am true to my self  excited!This is not my biological biography,Yet away for myself to open up with others who are shamed oppressing us to keep our inner knowledge ie,A secret.I was raised by a careing single mother.Who worked and provided the best to her ability.I have five other siblings.The black and white,My mother.Bless her,Did not ,Would not,Understand as a tortured child.All my feelings as a female trapped in a boys body.I repeatedly explained these experienced daily feelings to her.I kept a daily diary,That allowed me in expanding my writing skills.Vocabulary,And above all.Released some frustration.I had gotten a job as a child delivering a local weekly newspaper,And along with that in the summers picked berries,beans and cucumbers.With my earned money,I would purchase girls clothes,shoes,etc..   These age appropriate girls clothes were a release,I could dress up,Dress down at bedtime.Yet with my brothers and sisters around,I couldn't.For they would tell our mother.Strict punishment.So I learned the keep it in the closet.Everything feminine I owned was tossed in the garbage.My diary read and thrown away.My eldest sister sharing contents of passage with her close friends.And the older classmates teased me repeatedly.Yet I go right back at purchasing Jr clothing,Writing And Reading any and all subject pertaining too transgender people and their individual behaviors within society.My mother believing fetishes,Crossdressing,Homosexuality.Was my motivation.All were flatly incorrectly diagnose.I am a female,And I want act out as normal as my sister's,Their girlfriend,My girlfriends/ classmates.I n closing,Back in the decades of the 1960s-70s.Not much was acceptable about transsexuals,Labels were a standard.And wrong.I was miserable as a child,And it became worse in my life as a teen,And into my twenties.Onset of male hormones,My beautiful soft voice turning into an alto sax.(Cry ,tears time)Suicidal times.I had never discuss with anyone," The Family shame".I once ,accompanied with my mother to the doctors office visit.Tried discussing I was a girl trapped inside this hairy boys body.Mom,quelling/ slapping my mouth as I talked to my doctor.His reply was listen to Your mother.I drew a conclusion from this doctor visit as a black and white.Never mentioning I am a female trapped inside a males body to any one,Professional or not.Which was totally wrong!And stealing estrogens,birth control pills,so as to stop androgens.Is also a wrong I did! Drinking alcohol after turning twenty one,So I could forget and also a means to magnifying estrogen.I smoked cigarettes,stimulating me as I write in my diary.Only drug I tried was one leafy kind.I somehow was in a pattern of self destruct.I stopped all those ,and been clean of all since 2009.In ending.I had wish that I seek help as a child!💗
    • MarcieMarie12
      Hi Elissa! Welcome to Transpulse! My mom  took about a year to come around (sort of), my dad took about 3 months. Initially they were very hostile to it. I kept in touch, and basically showed them it was not the end of the world and it was what was best  for me.   Hugs, Marcie   .
    • Charlize
      I didn't get to make it to this years march as the sap is flowing on the farm.  I certainly enjoyed the march last year.  Here is a picture from that event. what a great group of women.  I got there early and had a great time simply relating to others.                 Hugs,   Charlize
    • Gwen
      This is one hefty vehicle! And in wonderful condition. I hope you drive with your arm out the window while wearing cool sunglasses   Gwen
    • Gwen
      Great news!! And what a wonderful birthday present. I hope the process is smooth for you, with nothing major to get in your way.   Gwen
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Upcoming Events

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • TransPulse Partners