Guest LizMarie

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie   
Guest LizMarie

For me it's Nora Jones album Come Away With Me.

Donna Jean   
Donna Jean

What are you listening to today?

The wind blowing off the gulf and through the trees......

...no, really.....

Dee Jay

Guest Elizabeth K   
Guest Elizabeth K

Pure silence - ahhhhhhh - the dishwasher just quit running and it's quiet... well the tic tic tic of my dear Donna Jean also typing on Laura's Playground!

(we live a dull life - grin)

Lizzy

Guest Talon   
Guest Talon

Old time songs and tunes and emotional violin themes as I'm watching the Little House on the Prairie. Ah Saturday :)

Izzybell   
Izzybell

Okay, let's see. AC/DC, RX Bandits, Gin Blossoms, some local trad jazz groups, and Peter Gabriel. (I LOVE Peter Gabriel. Lol )

Oh, and my dog barking me. XD

Jenny C   
Jenny C

Rachmaninov plays Rachmaninov - Prelude in C Sharp Minor Op. 3 No.2

from a comment on youtube : "Have any of you heard the story that was written about this piece? After it was written, someone gave it an accompanying story. A man being buried alive. Can't you hear the church bells at the beginning? The somber mood is so well portrayed I can almost picture people standing around a casket all dressed in black. The middle part: waking up underground. Frantic. Clawing your way through earth attempting to reach the surface. All to die just before you reach the top and escape"...

Enjoy !

Love,

Jenny

P.S. my father was playing it when I was young... I was a little melancholic and remembered...

CariadsCarrot   
CariadsCarrot

Euw that's one creepy story Jenny! lol

I'm listening to my dog barking, my partner laughing and my son goofing around...and the telly playing adverts that I'm not even vaguely interested in.

Gabe

Jenny C   
Jenny C

I do not know why... It' s gone Gabe... Maybe because I did put an extract form a text... from a forbidden source...

Anyway...

So I going to tel the story myself... This songs depicts a funeral, imagine in autumn... And then in the middle of the piece, the persons wake-up in his coffin... and realize that he has been burried alive... and it goes until his last breath...

I'ts from Rachmaninov

(Rachmaninoff Prelude in c# minor Op. 3, No.2 )

... My father told me that story when I was young as he was playing it... I remembered today, thinking of himmm

So here is another one... he played... Another souvenir...

Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2

Enjoy !

Love to you,

Jenny

Jenny C   
Jenny C

I'm definitively nostalgic today... And in classical music...

Chopin Polonaise Op.53 or Chopin's Raindrops or Tristesse - Chopin or Prelude Op.28 No.4 or Smile by Charles Chaplin or...

Love,

Jenny

Guest Shari   
Guest Shari

I'm listening to the soft breathing of my little dog sleeping peacefully in her bed.

Izzybell   
Izzybell

I'm definitively nostalgic today... And in classical music...

Chopin Polonaise Op.53 or Chopin's Raindrops or Tristesse - Chopin or Prelude Op.28 No.4 or Smile by Charles Chaplin or...

Love,

Jenny

I cannot tell you how much I love Chopin! ^_^ When one of my teacher first introduced me to his compositions back in high school, they told me "Hundreds of pianists can play Chopin pieces ; a handful of them can actually play them right." (He REALLY loved Chopin.) I still get a kick out of the Muppets version of Polonaise. Haha

KarenLyn   
KarenLyn

The Cranberries - Dreams. I don't know why but it's just been stuck in my head all week

Guest_SL   
Guest_SL

Common Reaction and Nocturnes by Uh Huh Her. Nocturnes is their latest and a great second effort. Their sound is bigger, splashier more confident and assertive. They're also a couple do that's nice as well.

The hard to find, Red Tape by the Atlanta Rhythm Section. Beatles, Past Masters II.

JJ   
JJ

Still strolling through the past -Queen still seems to cover most of my moods and figures large in my playlist.

Which is kind of eclectic including The Highwaymen, Willie Nelson, Ray Charles through Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, The Men They Couldn't Hang, Bon Jovi and Queen with some Ozzy and Theory of A Deadman thrown in for seasoning :D. A newer Ozzy at that. I play them all every day. And more. I kind of like everything except a lot of heavy metal. My Ozzy stuff is his ballads.

Guest Elizabeth K   
Guest Elizabeth K

Got me fired up! I just found THREE TENORS VHS (yeah I know - old technology) at GoodWill for a dollar. Gonna play it - LOVED that PBS presentation. Okay - it's on.

DANG - NOBODY can do that with their voice - AMAZING!

And I also love Celtic Woman series - especial that angel voice Chloe has - YouTube it, sometime!

Donna Jean   
Donna Jean

Got me fired up! I just found THREE TENORS VHS (yeah I know - old technology) at GoodWill for a dollar. Gonna play it - LOVED that PBS presentation. Okay - it's on.

DANG - NOBODY can do that with their voice - AMAZING!

And I also love Celtic Woman series - especial that angel voice Chloe has - YouTube it, sometime!

*DITTO*

Dee Jay

Guest_SL   
Guest_SL

Freddy Mercury's death was a huge blow to rock music. He was a pure genius. How Paul Rodgers could ever front Queen is beyond me but Paul was Freddy's first rock idol, or rather Free. Not an Adam Lambert fan but he was a good fit for Queen. Shame the deal fell through. Brian May is a guitar god.

Guest LizMarie   
Guest LizMarie

I used to listen to Yes and particularly to the piano work of Rick Wakeman, pure genius. My favorite Yes album was Tales from Topographic Oceans. I've still got a vinyl album of that. I should get it on disk now.

Edu   
Edu

I was listening Deliberately Limited Preliminary Prelude Period In Z when I started typing this, but the theme is now over so I'm re-writing my post to be more accurate.

To simplify, my media player has been shuffling through my entire collection of Helloween albums for a few days. I normally put my entire power metal collection in there, but lately I dunno why I just want to listen Helloween.

I guess that's a bit weird. But I just don't care :P

Hugs,

Ethain

Guest Stuck   
Guest Stuck

Bouncing between Jim Croce, Joan Jett, Tim Minchin and P!nk depending on mood.

Angelgrlsue   
Angelgrlsue

My dishwasher, lol, no really I am listening to some old songs from Stryper.

Hugs,

Susan

Guest erica970   
Guest erica970

my wife introduced me to Delirium...a cross between Enigma and Lounge music. Really puts my mind at ease and sends me into another realm.

Erica <3

Addy K.   
Addy K.

Currently listening to Crazy Trains - butterfly... brings back good memories!!