• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

The Version our band does - I think I'll do the sunglasses bit

• Forum Moderator

Such an underappreciated Canadian guitar.....

Madame Butterfly is a true story!

Butterfly,” the 1988 Pulitzer-winning drama based on the true story of the disgraced French diplomat and convicted spy — Bernard Boursicot — who, to the world's astonishment, learned at his trial that the Chinese woman who had been his secret lover for nearly 20 years was a man.

• Forum Moderator

soooo smooth..."Take a Giant Step" by Taj Mahal(1969), and it's just got that cadence...

"come with me, your yesterday your yesterday behind"

"and take a giant step outside your mind"

• Forum Moderator

This was written 50 years ago, but, but......

It's dark, it's stark, and disturbingly sounds a bit contemporary...

"poisoning their brainwashed minds"

• Forum Moderator

Especially for Jani and Cyndi - ever heard of capo-ing a bass?

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Shay said:

ever heard of capo-ing a bass?

No!  And she played a number of barred chords.  I suppose she could have reached many of those notes with a 5 string. 

Amy Lee and Evanescence.  The band is releasing a new album called "The Bitter Truth," but they are doing it song by song. It's so nice to finally get brand new material.  Here is their first release from the new album "Use My Voice."  Speaking of voices, I love Amy's voice.

• Forum Moderator

Here is an interesting thing I learned - I saw Brewer & Shipley years ago and they mentioned the JUSY BEFORE "One Toke Over the Line" was certified gold - the FCC found out what TOKE meant and banned the song. They mentioned that the song was the only song that could make the claim that it was covered by The Grateful Dead and Lawrence Welk... and here is the Welk version - check out Lawrence at the end talking about a new "gospel" song.... tee hee hee

• Forum Moderator

FOr all of your who had tense times and tears shed and anguish any time this week.... two of my favorite inspirations in my own writing.....

• Forum Moderator

Another pair I love to listen to me I need a pick me up 

Following @Shay's excellent selection this morning, I give you Indigo Girls

I remember first hearing these two women twenty five years ago. At the time I didn't know I was trans, but I knew, absolutely, that I wished I was Amy Ray.

"Here's what I find about compromise,

Don't do it if it hurts inside,

'cause, either way you're screwed, 

And eventually you find,

You may as well feel good,

You may as well have some pride."

• Forum Moderator

My thought for the day and WEEK for me and all of you fine brave amazing ladies.......

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - Great tune Heather, Love the organ solo in the long version, and the guitar tone is really cool in that track.

Here is another one from the era

Mott the Hoople (1971)

Home is where I want to be....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 235 Guests (See full list)

• Megan112
    • Rey
    • Betty K
    • Susie
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Missing_in_action
    Newest Member
    Missing_in_action

1. Bowie Ellis
      Bowie Ellis
      (19 years old)
    2. Damien Mcknight
      Damien Mcknight
      (18 years old)
    3. JJ
      JJ
      (77 years old)
    4. KathyLauren
      KathyLauren
      (70 years old)
    5. memyselfandwe
      memyselfandwe
      (44 years old)
    • April Marie
      In those dimensions, not even Sophia Loren could hold a candle to me. A Goddess....in my own mind. lol
    • Sally Stone
      So, just imagine how spectacularly beautiful you'd be in four-dimensions April.
    • Ivy
      That does sound hard to keep up with.  I use patches, changed twice a week.  But I have to have my phone set to remind me.  I just don't think about it.
    • April Marie
      Oh, I am drop-dead gorgeous in a totally different dimension @Sally Stone! :-)
    • Sally Stone
      Ladies, each of your comments makes me realize my decision to share my journey was a good one.  Before committing, I worried that my storyline wouldn't be of interest to anyone. I'm so glad I'm striking a chord with many of you.
    • Ivy
    • LC
      I am sorry to hear that. It just means something better is in your future!
    • Sally Stone
      How we look in photographs isn't really anything we can control.  I've actually searched for answers and there are lots of good explanations out there like this one:   https://www.foxbackdrop.com/blogs/news/beautiful-photogenic-reasons-tricks-foxbackdrop#:~:text=Based on the light-creation,angular faces are usually photogenic.   The simplest explanation is a picture captures our image two-dimensionally when in real-life, we are seen three-dimensionally.  A person can be beautiful or handsome in real life but the two-dimensional image can be way different.  So, for those of us that don't think we look good in a picture, fear not.  We are much better looking in three-dimensions.  
    • LC
      This is your journey and no one here will judge you or bully you. This is a very accepting, non-judgemental place and you can process at your own speed. Having said all welcome Violet, we are glad you found us. I know we all look forward to hearing from you.
    • Willow
      Good morning    I should not have said about sleeping in, now I have to go in 2 ½ hours earlier.  Oh well at least I. Off tomorrow and Monday, I think.as of now, hope I didn’t just jinx that too.     Hot today high 80s dropping quickly and rain to the 60s for a couple of days then more normal 70s.  It just depends on which way the wind blows. Off the gulf, hotter, off the ocean, cooler, out of the north rain and when they all converge, look out.  That’s today.   i made a pot of coffee but I think most of it is going to waste.  My wife went back to bed and I’m not good with coffee when I’m hot, and I am. That’s my fault, I was 4 days.late with my E again.  I just st have a really hard time keeping on a 10 day schedule.  And my reminders aren’t helping..   now I’m going to peak by tomorrow since it isn’t all absorbed in one day, I’ll hold fairly steady but if I’m late again I’ll drop well below my target yet again.     Im down in the valley, the valley so low But I see my true love, at the top of the hill i climb the mountain, but she is not there for she has gone back down, to the valley below   I didn’t come up with a refrain and with that I’m calling the guys with the padded cells. lol   Willow    
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Finding a few pictures from a trip to Thailand I went to 10 years ago.They were pictures taken with Katois aka ladyboys.It was cool to meet them and planning to go back next year.A couple of them saw I am transgender too.
    • April Marie
      Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!! A beautiful milestone.    I hope to see you tonight...I just have to stay awake long enough!!
    • Mirrabooka
      It's funny with photos isn't it, how we think we look in them vs. how we actually do look in them! I'm hopeless at smiling and I have to try really hard not to frown or look like a zombie. I'm never sure how I come across to others.   I had a moment late last night when my eldest daughter facetimed my wife for some now forgotten reason, and when I was handed the tablet and talking to her, I was fixated on my image in the corner. My hair was wild at the time, I was a bit tipsy and all I saw was a woman! I have no idea what she saw in that context. I'll probably never know.
    • KathyLauren
      I hope to see you on the Zoom meeting tonight, April.  I might be late, since I am doing lights and sound for a play that opened last night.  I was home before ten last night, so I think I'll be able to make it.   Today is an anniversary for me.  Seven years ago today, I stood up at the weekly community kaffeeklatsch as <deadname> and announced that henceforth I would be Kathy.  It went as well as I could have imagined: there were some surprised looks, but no hostility and lots of support.  A whole layer of stress disappeared that day and has never come back.  (There have been other stresses, but that one is gone.)  I have been me full-time ever since that moment.
    • Mirrabooka
      This is a scarily accurate description of what I feel!   I hope I don't sound too schmaltzy by saying this, but I remember when I signed up to this forum last year, during the sign-up process the question is asked, "Why do you want to join TransPulse?" to which I wrote, "Looking for a home where I can freely write about my issues and interact with similar people."    I think I just found one. ❤️
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.