• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Just now, Jani said:

I had to look them up as I never had heard of them.  Totally weird video to that song!

I'd never seen the video. Yes, quite weird!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

All I wanna do - Cheryl Crow (1993), dance groove (i'm dancing with the head phones on), images of Santa Monica blvd, and the car wash....

This is LA...

C -

It’s new music Friday, so I’m listening to this weeks personalized Spotify curated playlist. So far it’s a good mix of indie folk, some string instrumentals, alternative rock, metal and jazz covers of songs from other genres .  Only 2 songs out of 30 songs needed to be skipped.  I have very eclectic taste in music. If it’s something I could play on my guitar or keyboard, I’ll probably enjoy it. 

@SugarMagnolia that’s a great tune. 

@Cyndee I haven’t listened to Cheryl Crow in years. I’m going to have to queue up a couple of her songs, I enjoy the feeling of nostalgia that music can bring out in me. Music is a way I can travel back in time. 

Happy listening everyone. 

*hugs*

• Forum Moderator
45 minutes ago, SaraAW said:

It’s new music Friday, so I’m listening to this weeks personalized Spotify curated playlist. So far it’s a good mix of indie folk, some string instrumentals, alternative rock, metal and jazz covers of songs from other genres .  Only 2 songs out of 30 songs needed to be skipped.  I have very eclectic taste in music. If it’s something I could play on my guitar or keyboard, I’ll probably enjoy it. 

@SugarMagnolia that’s a great tune. 

@Cyndee I haven’t listened to Cheryl Crow in years. I’m going to have to queue up a couple of her songs, I enjoy the feeling of nostalgia that music can bring out in me. Music is a way I can travel back in time. 

Happy listening everyone. 

*hugs*

I totally agree Sara - music is a form time travel, that's why I try to include the year the music was recorded / published when I post here, and that like gives other's a bit more context...

Do rock on, this weekend...

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Listening to a live broadcast of Jason Kauflin from Sculler's Jazz Club in Boston on WGBH (NPR).  Dig the groove!

• Forum Moderator

@ Jani - that's sounds cool, nothing like jazz, it takes me there.

@SaraAW - I see you mentioned you play instruments, cool

• Forum Moderator

Jethro Tull - Reasons for waiting (1969), beautiful melodies, the tears running down my cheek....

The whole album Stand up, is just so deep....

Today I will Mostly be listening to VNV Nation When is the Future

It's a beautiful dream
It's a beautiful life
It's just a reflection
A world I must survive

22 hours ago, Cyndee said:

The future is now

This morning I'm listening to Talking Heads - Remain in Light album (1980).

Tina on the bass just grooves love the song "The great curve"....

Great Choice Cyndee. Thats a cracking album.

Today I am mostly listening to a bit  Public Image with a genorous helping of of the Undertones

Ive gone pretty retro today

2 minutes ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Great Choice Cyndee. Thats a cracking album.

Today I am mostly listening to a bit  Public Image with a genorous helping of of the Undertones

Ive gone pretty retro today

love this song anthem for the youth

On 2/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, SugarMagnolia said:

Working from home today. Right now it's Arctic Monkeys' Fluorescent Adolescent

their first album best so energetic i think they are from leeds

• Forum Moderator

Walking towards Paradise - Robert Plant (1988), wonderful vocal harmonies.... groovy bass thumpin', nice production the whole album shines, "Now and Zen"

C -

• Forum Moderator

Powerwolf, "Where the Wild Wolves Have Gone". ????

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ??

Hey all. I am going to listen to some church music in an hour and a half. It really helps to smooth out my inner feelings and helps me relieve the depression and my gender dysphoria. Hugs all!!

Currently listening to Utada Hikaru. She's got an angelic voice. I want to live inside this music video:

Really good picks. The Jpop and other similar multilingual songs are the future. I’m not very good at Japanese but I got the idea that she is stuck in the day to day and just lets it roll off. And Ashlee, that song has so much truth to it. I see why you picked it.

• Forum Moderator

Anthem - Rush (1974) - Their 2nd album, stirs the soul....

" We marvel after those who sought
New wonders in the world, wonders in the world,
Wonders in the world they wrought "

image.jpeg.533857565222ca66b3d153b33933287b.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

@Cyndee I absolutely love Neil Peart from Rush. He was an inspiration for me when I played around with drumming years ago.  One of my many favorite Rush songs featuring some great beats from Peart was Tom Sawyer. Oh the memories!!

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Susan R said:

@Cyndee I absolutely love Neil Peart from Rush. He was an inspiration for me when I played around with drumming years ago.  One of my many favorite Rush songs featuring some great beats from Peart was Tom Sawyer. Oh the memories!!

Susan R?

That's awesome you were inspired by Neil and drumming Susan, cool. I was inspired by Getty Lee on the bass guitar ?

Great memories of "Tom Sawyer"  I saw Rush when that album came out, they were touring in support of  "Moving Pictures" in 1981, and we saw them at the LA Forum back then, the lady in the white dress back stage, she was sitting there the whole time watching....

C -

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Karen Carey
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Betty K
    • Vidanjali
    • elizamichellex
    • Ivy