• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guest LizMarie

What are you listening to today?

Cyndee

Nothing is Easy - Jethro Tull (1969), great song and message to live by...

Dinaki

Tori M

Blue Collar - BTO (Original version 1973) Not the pop BTO you heard on the radio, here's the Canadian band's sweet smooth take on blues and jazz...

Cyndee

@Tori M - Wonderful tune, and a laid back vibe....

Jani

A great song.  The sentiment in the opening lyrics is needed so much now.

Jani

Shay

love the wonderful opening sequencce is Smooth Operator

Shay

love the wonderful opening sequencce is Smooth Operator

Shay

I just remembered another song that my producer mentioned to me - he had a relationship with this lady and when I heard her version of IMAGINE I was floored - she re-invented it and made it her own and it makes me cry to this very day and I haven't even started HRT yet... gosh I probably won't be able to stop once I do start.

Dinaki

Beautiful voice Sade has, thank you for sharing her with us all here.

This is a Greek dance and song called Zorba The Greek and I wanted it to share with you. At the beginning of the clip, the Acropolis is to view.

Enjoy it, Greece I love you, and soon I will come to my land (hopefully)

Tori M

It's all about that bass.....

Shay

you make me Geddy....Lee...I mean Tori

Tori M
55 minutes ago, Shay said:

you make me Geddy....Lee...I mean Tori

LOL   Love listening to Chris Squire tear it up, too.

Shay

Chris, Jack Bruce and Jaco Pastorius re-invented bass - they made it a lead instrument

SaraAW

Still a big fan of Cliff Burton and his bass skills. RIP Cliff. 

Shay

ou.... not familiar with Cliff... I got some homework.... thank you... 

Cyndee
13 hours ago, Tori M said:

LOL   Love listening to Chris Squire tear it up, too.

Me three

Getty taps into the rhythm of the code in YYZ, great tune @Tori M....

Speaking of Squire, we last saw Yes with Alan Parsons, at the Chateau Ste Michelle winery about 12 years ago, Chris was in top form that night, with Jon, Steve, Alan, and few others, it was outdoors and we were 5th row really every seat was a winner that evening....

There are just so many, but the Squire lines in Starship trooper, really resonate with me

Shay

ah...vi see Cliff Burton is with Metallica. I wasnt much of a fan of the band but they are certainly worth another listen..

Shay

Tori M
4 hours ago, Cyndee said:

Speaking of Squire, we last saw Yes with Alan Parsons, at the Chateau Ste Michelle winery about 12 years ago, Chris was in top form that night, with Jon, Steve, Alan, and few others, it was outdoors and we were 5th row really every seat was a winner that evening....

Yes AND Parsons together from the 5th row?!!!  :noway:

When Squire takes the lead position in The Fish is an old fav.  When I first heard that I'd never heard a bass played like that. 💥

Shay

Squire was a lead player and was amazing. One other underrated bass player I  think is John Entwhistle from the Who. If you really listen to, his was excellent.

A great young Australian girl,bass player i really love in the past 5-10 years is Tal Wilkenfeld.

Shay

SaraAW

Entwhistle had to be great to keep up with and not fade into the background when competing on stage with Moon and Townshend.

Don't know how I hadn't heard of Wilkenfeld before, just listened to a couple of her tunes on Spotify. Digging the sound.

Shay

July 7 as I wait for my first HRT persciptions.....I now WHO I am .... how about some WHO - 

https://youtu.be/oyR3TzIgi-U

I mentioned recently one of the underrated bass players of all time - here's an example of what he can do

https://youtu.be/oyR3TzIgi-U

And check out Tal Wickenfeld - at the time like 18 and from Australia - I became a fan immediately and wished I could look a little like her ..

https://youtu.be/Kn2Yvjd5kqY

Shay

shucks just one more with Tal Wickenfeld....

https://youtu.be/VC02wGj5gPw

Erikka

Hei alle

Chris Squire was awesome. I saw Yes on their Fragile  tour in 1972, oddly enough they were the opening act for Black Sabbath. On the subject of great bassists, Greg Ridley, Spooky Tooth and Humble Pie fame, was so solid on laying down some really great bar band bass tracks especially with Humble Pie. Ronnie Lane was another great  bar band bassist. Laying down a great foundation is the make or break factor of a band.

Shay

And for ALL of us ladies - my favorite slide player who won the best slide player of the year 6 years running in Guitar Magazine and the retired her because they wanted someone else to win - it's a rare song I heard her do live in the 70's and loved the song like forever.

https://youtu.be/fD6ued71jqE

Shay

OMG - Spooky Tooth is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES along with FREE. And yes - I loved Greg Ridley in both Spooky and Humble Pie and my favorite drum opennings was....