• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Gosh - the next song I heard tells it - when others give you negative - give them a flower and smile

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

In regard to "Secret 'o Life" isn't it amazing how some songs really hit the point and speak to us in a deep manner?   I've always loved the positive message in "Shower the People". 

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, Dinaki said:

Great tune !! Love the sliding bass line, and Nancy's voice. The dancing is pretty good too, love the hair styles back then.

Overalls Bear

One of my all-time favorite music videos on YouTube. I particularly love the tin whistle lead-in.

AUGUST 7

After a day of Murphy's Law doing its best to gt me down but E saving me....Today it is bright and shiny and I asked one of my former psychologists for a referral letter for surgery....

GOOD DAY SUNSHINE....

https://youtu.be/plmnpVBszj4

• Forum Moderator

The Ocean - Led Zeppelin

"Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar"

"Play for free, I play for me and play a whole lot more, more!"

I love this one because when it came out I actually figured out the bass part and felt so proud of myself....it's the little things in life...

• Forum Moderator
24 minutes ago, Shay said:

I love this one because when it came out I actually figured out the bass part and felt so proud of myself....it's the little things in life...

Just love JPJ's bass parts in that song, and the walking in the end, so cool....

A Petty song I love singing with our band - they love playing their Richenbocker 12 strings.

Sally Stone

How about the band Kansas?  They have just released a brand new studio album called "Absence of Presence."  It is vintage Kansas, and at the moment, I can't stop listening to the album.  "Hold On!"

That is excellent news - I will be listening this weekend. I remember meeting Rich Williams at the University of Toledo when they had 1 album out and they were opening for Queen. My band Silverhorse released a single called WEARINESS in late 1979 and WMMS in Cleveland kept playing our song and Carry On My Wayward Son back to back saying we sounded like Kansas. I thought that was weird being we had no keyboards or violin... but I'm happy people seemed to like us. Too bad the band imploded just before we signed with Atlantic Records - but that's another story. For now I'm including our song Weariness - let me know if you think there is any resemblance.

weariness.mp3

Today is pop and rock reimagined in funk, swing and big band. A mix of Postmodern Jukebox, Scary Pockets and some other bands.

Thank you - does it sound sort of like early Kansas to you?

AUGUST 8

Our band is going to add REM to our Beatles, Tom Petty - here is the first one we are adding

And this one is one I love playing solo

• Forum Moderator

John Barleycorn, what a neat story put to music! 

Teri Anne

Steve Winwood is one I do like a lot even back in the Cream days.

I can see the resemblance to early Kansas.

Sorry to tell you this but Linwood wasn't in cream though close...he was in Clapton next band Blind Faith and he was 16 when he was in Spencer Davis Group and Traffic was my personal favorite band he put together...that was where he did John Barleycorn an old old English folk song.

Teri Anne

You are right it was Blind Faith. I should have caught that mistake before hitting the send key.

This morning is again beautiful and breezy. Reminds me of the summer I first heard the Eagles and saw an eagle flying over head and then the bonus of hearing Jackson Browne's version - he wrote all except the 3rd verse - Glenn Frey wrote that because Jackson couldn't come up with one.

AUGUST 10, 2020

If you didn't have a wonderful weekend or you are going through something sad....I've always loved this song to pick me up and smile with a tear....don't no one called Rose Marie but I love it just the same..............

Smile a Little Smile for Me

https://youtu.be/BR3xcZ-osqE

another younger band I really like is Dawes and especially the lyrics of this one.

AUGUST 11, 2020 - one day maybe after more voice feminization work I can sound closer to Dale Rossington - love her voice

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • VickySGV
    • Tory Aoi
    • DonkeySocks
    • Dinaki
    • Emily michelle

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Melissa B.
    Newest Member
    Melissa B.

1. Jodiv
      Jodiv
      (58 years old)
    2. starlight.wishes
      starlight.wishes
    • Mmindy
      I'm listening to all my Mac Davis downloadeds because he set the tone for my teenage years. 
    • Bobbie Scott
      Bri,I think you look great. 
    • Bobbie Scott
      Pretty outfit. 🥰
    • Reverie_Star
      Let me know if you need a co or partner usually on around 10 est most days
    • Shay
      Being like us is not easy and it takes all of us to support us - when you're down look here and you'll find someone to help - when you're up do the same for another one of us who is down. BOTH will make you feel better. Hug
    • QuestioningAmber
      Well I finally got both responses in.   I feel like my mom gave her usual unconditional love statement, however, she is really nervous I can tell about the idea of me transitioning and what it means for me. I know it comes from a place of love, it just a thing where I am not worried about it because if I am not me, how can I be happy. So I think there is some work there that is going to have to take place.   My dad says he understands how this has probably tormented me for so long. He sounds very supportive and is being kind of inquisitive with me. He has kind of stepped on a few land mines (some questions that I right now just gloss over). I think he will be supportive of the transition.   Now that the first round is done, I think it is time to reflect and decide on when to execute the next round. I feel like it may be difficult to talk to my brothers about it, though one is estranged on his accord.
    •  Kylie
      happy Birthday Kathy!
    • Jandi
      Lately… Depressed and Drained.   Guess a bit like waiting for the other shoe to drop, but stubbornly holding on.
    • K.S.S
      I'm probably not one of the best people to take advice from, I also struggle with self harm. My first time trying was in fourth grade, with a piece of plastic that came off my hand-me-down binder. I hurt myself on and off all through school just because I liked feeling pain I inflicted. But I got sloppy and when I got caught I tried to blame it on the neighborhood dogs and then I hid in the room I shared with my sister and one by one everyone in my family came in to talk to me. My sister cried and showed me hers and told me never to do it again because she'd kill me if she saw new ones. My father told me there were other ways to get attention, like asking for it and my mother... she just cried and hugged me and asked how she could make me better.  There will always be people who will not understand, like my father, and there will always be someone who just wants to help you. Even if they are not blood related, you are not alone and you will not be in trouble. Even if they have an angry reaction like my sister, it's just because they didn't realize it sooner and that makes them upset, because "they could've helped."  If you're looking for a reason to come out about it think about them because they will remember every instance where they thought there might be something wrong and they didn't ask and now they're upset because they didn't.    Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I think I got a little ramble-y at the end there. If you need someone to talk to let me know.    Warmly, K
    • JK
      I couldn't agree more. ❤️ 
    • Shay
      @JK and @Abi - Digging back into old feeling, identifying them and releasing them - each time the pain will last a shorter time until they mostly disappear from your life.
    • Shay
      At least you know what you are feeling and knowledge is power to accept and disarm quicker. When I figured out what triggered my anxiety attacks and depression - just knowing what it was released the length of suffering immensely. Hang in there @Abi you are loved by more people than you know.
    • Jani
      Happy Birthday Kathy!   That's a great number!!!   Looking great Bri!!
    • KathyLauren
      Thanks, everyone.   @Bri2020, you look fabulous!
    •  Kylie
      @Emily michelle So sorry to hear about your foot! I hope it heals up quickly. That is kind of irritating about your boss, so what if your hair is long. As long as it doesn’t affect your job performance he shouldn’t mention it.    @KymmieL I am sorry to hear about the strain you and your wife are having. I know it has been such a battle for you during this time, may you have peace soon.    @Bri2020 You look fabulous!! I am jealous of your hair too! I have curls and ringlets, but yours beats mine in beauty!    Hope all have a good Wednesday. I am waiting on my counselor to join our virtual session currently. Hoping to unload my worries on her. I couldn’t make it to the office this morning because of some bleeding so I changed to online.    Be wonderful today!
  • Upcoming Events