• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

so groovy, from '69 just a great vibe.... Bowie's Janine...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a cool tune - never heard it before - sounds like that era.

• Forum Moderator

So, so not safe for work. Nobody under 18. Nope nope. The animation and the song both are amazing.

Addict

Hugs!

today's flavor comes by way of my young guitar asking if I'd ever heard "C'mon" by Poco. That song really is driving but the song they should have been a hit for them was

• Forum Moderator

Nice harmonies and slide guitar! 

I love this poco song - I've played it live several times - needs wonderful singers to pull off and give shivers.

not a well known song but I love it

• Forum Moderator

Classic sound, great guitar tone

I am currently listening to Riot by Hollywood Undead 

I can't stop replaying it, I just love Hollywood Undead, :DD I love a lot of their songs. 

The band is picking up this one being our drummer loves the live drumming version - guitarist is still working on sitar sound.

ok enough of that - let's get serious

• Forum Moderator

that's some serious album :)

Still my favorite Zep and they recorded it like 3 weeks after getting together - Cyndee you'd know if I'm right on that one. The New Yardbirds and thankfully Terry Reid didn't join.

ah...finished zep 1 and now II - I bought this the first night it was out. I worked at a store called Ontario (like a K Mart) and I punched out at 9:25 (store closed a 9:30) and it was Halloween and it was raining as I ran the 2 blocks to my house - even falling once - I remember it like yesterday. I opened the folding cover - pulled out the album and placed the needle and heard the reverse voice (turns out it was an analog problem in early multi-track studios) and WHOLE LOTTA LOVE came out. I remember those were the days of early progressive/freeform/underground music stations and I was living in Toledo and a Detroit station WABX played full side of Zep II. Ah memories.....

On 9/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, Niamh said:

I really enjoyed that. 

Thank you dear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kKo2_2MzI

Love the song - the words  and mood fit so well together - Tom Waits voice even sounds good... no that isn't me in the background though I wish it was

my other favorite Tom Waits Tom - only he can rhyme quickly and lickety splitly 

• Forum Moderator

"It was 50 years ago today."  Oh wait!  Wrong band!!!

Black Sabbath's Paranoid was released after being recorded in just 6 days.  Here's a good story from NPR that discusses it. 

50 Years Ago, Black Sabbath Found Its Sound And Took Metal Worldwide

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/913974144/50-years-ago-black-sabbath-found-its-sound-and-took-metal-worldwide

My favorite is War Pigs, an anti-war song if there ever was one!  Very cool intro riff by Tony Iommi.

Ryan is a great singer/songwriter with wholesome tunes. He also happens to be trans. Talented young man. 2 of my faves below. The first one came across one of my random playlists this morning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)

• gina-nicole-t
    • Ann W
    • Ainsley
    • Mary Jane
    • Wrightful
    • Emily michelle
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryMary
    • Jandi
    • Kian
    • Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

BernieMB
    Newest Member
    BernieMB

1. Brienne
      Brienne
      (48 years old)
    2. ShyAshley
      ShyAshley
      (34 years old)
    • Jandi
      I have one hanging down from the roof on parachute cord.  I can lower it with a pulley to fill it.  It is by the kitchen window and quite a ways from the ground.  That Flaming Squirrel stuff discouraged the squirrels.  But one night I went into the kitchen and there was a raccoon hanging on the screen trying to get it.  It has to be over 10ft from the ground.  All I can figure is it climbed the conduit for the power and managed to get over to the window somehow. Sheesh.
    • Jani
      I've moved my feeder several times as the nearby trees have grown.  I think I have it in a permanent spot now.  Its too far to jump too! 
    • Willow
      @Heather Nicole thanks. Funny thing about that picture, I as trying to post it with the caption getting ready to go to the beach.  I had changed out of my church dress and I changed my iv because of the wind.   for some reason. Am concentrating so much on getting the picture framed I forget to smile when taking a selfie.     Well, today was Monday.  I had blood work done for my endocrinologist.  The tech got a good vessel, filled the first of three quickly.  I made the mistake of saying she got a good one.  When she switched to the second vial nothing!   she had to switch arms and get three more.  At least that’s done.   Willow
    • Lee H
      HI all, I think 76 is another "unusual" age to start HRT, but that's me. Can't do much about it. I've been on E. for about two weeks. Haven't yet sprouted beautiful B cups, but I'm hoping....   Here's my strategy for living in the "reality/non-reality/hyper-reality" continuum, so far: I'm "transitioning at my own pace, going as far as feels right, and savoring each day, One Day at a Time."   This is the way I'm coping with bizzaro emotions. If I tell myself I'm going as far as ___, total transition? GCS? Boob job? FFS? throat shave? my inner voices [the "Committee"] starts reciting all the bad things I've ever thought about the whole idea, and worrying about all the bad things others will tell me too. But if I say to myself, "Ok, so stop," a wave rolls over me, saying, "Oh hell no. I like how I'm feeling." So rather than pressuring myself to hurry up and get to some feminization "goal," I'm saying to myself, "Maybe I'll call it all off tomorrow, but I'm not going to do that today. I like the way I feel." That's how ODAT works. ~~Hugs, everybody, Lee~~
    • Carolyn Marie
      OMG, thank you all for the squirrel pics and stories!  Jandi, I was laughing out loud with that video.  Absolutely amazing and charming antics and I was so impressed with Mark Rober's skills and ingenuity.   My feeder also has a dome, and I took away most the squirrel's launch points, but they now launch from a tree about 6 ft. away, directly onto the platform base.  I've also tried commercial chemical sprays, but there are too many approaches to the back yard and they just jump over or around where I put the stuff.  So its basically get rid of the feeder or put up with the squirrels.        Carolyn Marie
    • MaryMary
      I've read your post. I just want to mention that I think your posts here are always interesting and your input here is really appreciated. It's great to move on if it's something that sounds right to you. I know that myself I will always concider myself trans. mainly because I suffered from having the impression that I was alone like this when I was young. I *WANT* my kids friends and people at work to see and know that I'm trans and happy.   Good luck for everything to come, you will always find interested ears and empathic hearts here
    • Dana Michelle
      It seems like it is unusual to start at that age. It seems like most people transitioning start either under age 25 or over 50.
    • DragonflyGirl
      I never had a sweet tooth. Now I'm like a kid for anything sugary and strawberry flavoured. My taste for beer gave way to red wine, then to strawberry and lime cider, which for some reason seems to amuse my friends at the pub!   Also, I never used to like baked beans very much, now I absolutely love them. Milder varieties of curry are much tastier to me now as well. I'm not sure if my tastebuds are more sensitive or just different.
    • Sally Stone
      Shay, ours wasn't that talented.  Just a single hole initially.  I kept thinking he should have been more creative.
    • Sally Stone
      Hi Jack.  Welcome to Trans Pulse.  It is so great to meet you.
    • Sally Stone
      Hi Anna, I hope you can find the answers you are looking for.  In the meantime, I have to tell you that the fact you are trying to educate yourself for your spouse's benefit says what an amazing person you are.  Welcome to Trans Pulse.  
    • Shay
    • Shay
    • Sally Stone
      We have one that just ate through the husk of a pumpkin and then proceeded to eat all of the meat from the inside.  When he was finished, our pumpkin looked like a cyclops with one big eye.  The squirrel has been back to the scene of the crime every day to take more and more of the pumpkin away.  No doubt he is stocking up for a long-cold winter. 
    • QuestioningAmber
      Good afternoon,   It's a little late for coffee for me, but still nice to sit and gab for a minute. Fairly productive weekend, my mom played middle man between her side of the family that we weren't sure about and came out for me. It turned out well, they said they would still love and try to respect me, they may fumble with some things they did say, which I don't expect perfection. I still need to take care of two of my aunts on my dad's side and then I think I am done for the family that is going to be told directly at least.   I just got done scheduling my support groups and decided I am going to try to do a socially distanced Monopoly game. It is going to be done via Zoom, and I think it will be interesting if nothing else (I already gave full disclosure to anybody who signs up this is an experiment). I also think I found a cute outfit I am going to wear tomorrow to my trans support meeting, though it is still digitally held, I like to feel cute and look cute. I guess today just has been a nice day.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.