• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

I love this poco song - I've played it live several times - needs wonderful singers to pull off and give shivers.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not a well known song but I love it

• Forum Moderator

Classic sound, great guitar tone

I am currently listening to Riot by Hollywood Undead 

I can't stop replaying it, I just love Hollywood Undead, :DD I love a lot of their songs. 

The band is picking up this one being our drummer loves the live drumming version - guitarist is still working on sitar sound.

ok enough of that - let's get serious

• Forum Moderator

that's some serious album :)

Still my favorite Zep and they recorded it like 3 weeks after getting together - Cyndee you'd know if I'm right on that one. The New Yardbirds and thankfully Terry Reid didn't join.

ah...finished zep 1 and now II - I bought this the first night it was out. I worked at a store called Ontario (like a K Mart) and I punched out at 9:25 (store closed a 9:30) and it was Halloween and it was raining as I ran the 2 blocks to my house - even falling once - I remember it like yesterday. I opened the folding cover - pulled out the album and placed the needle and heard the reverse voice (turns out it was an analog problem in early multi-track studios) and WHOLE LOTTA LOVE came out. I remember those were the days of early progressive/freeform/underground music stations and I was living in Toledo and a Detroit station WABX played full side of Zep II. Ah memories.....

On 9/16/2020 at 11:20 AM, Niamh said:

I really enjoyed that. 

Thank you dear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kKo2_2MzI

Love the song - the words  and mood fit so well together - Tom Waits voice even sounds good... no that isn't me in the background though I wish it was

my other favorite Tom Waits Tom - only he can rhyme quickly and lickety splitly 

• Forum Moderator

"It was 50 years ago today."  Oh wait!  Wrong band!!!

Black Sabbath's Paranoid was released after being recorded in just 6 days.  Here's a good story from NPR that discusses it. 

50 Years Ago, Black Sabbath Found Its Sound And Took Metal Worldwide

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/913974144/50-years-ago-black-sabbath-found-its-sound-and-took-metal-worldwide

My favorite is War Pigs, an anti-war song if there ever was one!  Very cool intro riff by Tony Iommi.

Ryan is a great singer/songwriter with wholesome tunes. He also happens to be trans. Talented young man. 2 of my faves below. The first one came across one of my random playlists this morning.

Saw Black Sabbath on their first US tour and it changed my life.

There was no metal at that time and they presented it to the world.

I have been a die hard metal fan ever since.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

Saw Black Sabbath on their first US tour and it changed my life.

Saw Sabbath in ‘82 in Seattle at the Seattle Center Arena...Absolutely loved it!!❤️

Right now I’m listening to “The Intro” by The xx. What a great tune to relax to after a really busy day.

• Forum Moderator

Celebrating the rain we've had

"I can breath again"

• Forum Moderator

Funny story, in the late 70's when we lived in VA we had a period of drought so no watering lawns or washing cars.  One Saturday it started pouring.  Next I see our neighbor out with a bucket of soapy water washing his car (BMW 2002).  We dashed out to help him finish then we all did our cars.  We were soaked but had great fun celebrating the return of the rain god!  

I hope the rain helps the situation out West.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jani said:

We were soaked but had great fun celebrating the return of the rain god!  

🙂 It's a lovely feeling to be all wet and not care 🙂

Hugs

C

This goes out to all your ladies enjoying some much needed RAIN.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)

• Katherine1745
    • Jordan101
    • Teri Anne
    • Britany_Relia
    • Valorie
    • Carolyn Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Lyla
    Newest Member
    Lyla

1. Jill55
      Jill55
      (65 years old)
    2. Oziandra
      Oziandra
      (36 years old)
    • Lee H
      Hi girls.... Here's my take: It depends on what you mean. Decisive, I know....   DeeDee observed: And,   I think the discussion about male and female privilege are directly on point. The existence of both social constructs is indisputable, as the examples in this thread attest. For me, transitioning MtF, I want to experience the emotional outlook which I think [hope] will be emphasized in my female gender expression and identity -- kindness, empathy,  gentleness, helpfulness, cooperation rather than competition, caring. I recognize that those are some of the female "vulnerabilities" upon which "male privilege" thrives. I hope that as my gender identity and expression evolve toward the feminine, I will be "evolving away from" my life-long masculine gender expression, including the role expectations associated with male "privilege" which are grounded in abuse of those feminine characteristics.    In short, I favor the feminine outlook on life, but grew up in the masculine, including society's role expectations. I understand the "price" will be turning away from "male privilege," but I think it will be worth it....   ~~Big Hug from Lee~~
    • Britany_Relia
      Hello Everyone! My name is Britany, and the middle is Relia (Rell - ee - uh).  I'm 35 years old, and I started HRT roughly 5 months ago.  Within a few days of starting HRT, I gave up all forms of Nicotine so my estrogen wouldn't be interrupted.  It was finally a solid reason to quit after the millions of times I had tried to do so. I've also gone by the name "Relia Syner" and currently I'm on discord as Brit Rel-Qi#1132"   I'm working on my writing again and this time all of my stories seem to be coming out of me. I started coming up with ideas when I was 19 for a huge storyline. And now is all coming out smoothly. I'm quite deep as a person, and tend to philosophize and come up with some sort of reason to go on to the next day.  When I come up with one, I'm liable to want to share that.  To try to inspire us all.  Here's something I wrote just tonight.   My life has been full of traumas, but I fight through them and I learn to survive.  I'm here to keep on being just that. ALIVE. I want to be a part of the community, and inspire us.  Be inspired by you.  I know that you're amazing too! Hope to meet you soon~
    • ElizabethStar
      I bought a sweater the other day based entirely on it's color and feel. It's soo soft. I find myself feeling the materials a lot more lately when I shop.
    • Vanessa Michelle
      Hey family! I am back again with another query to satisfy my curiosity! So, I commented on a post and then went to comment on another in a different section within 1 minute. I was blocked by the site, saying that I can't post so soon after posting something else. It gave me a timeframe for which to wait before pressing the Submit button on my new post. I am just curious as to why this is. 
    • Vanessa Michelle
      Happy Thanksgiving to you @Shayand all the rest of y'all here! I hope each of you had an amazing day and know how much you are loved! ❤️
    • Vanessa Michelle
      While I am a total newbie here, I agree there is something about even wearing an undergarment for your target gender. I have read from others here that feel the same way I do that it does something to you. It validates and affirms who we are and we, for lack of a better term, feel feminine! That feeling can manifest in an affirming, happy euphoria as it does for me, the likes of which I cannot explain, or it can manifest in an erotically euphoric feeling. I don't think either or any other are abnormal, just individual. I am sure as Jani said, that when one takes HRT those feelings will go away, as we are now more fully becoming who we were meant to be and the euphoria previously held will logically and medically wear off and probably be replaced by new feelings and joy as we see our physical bodies ever coming into agreement with who we knew we were all along. I love that this place exists and that it is safe and welcoming to be able to ask all these things we would otherwise have no way of knowing. ❤️
    • Vanessa Michelle
      I agree @lachallenger ⬆️ I was so confused and felt afraid to come out on here even because I thought my so-called orientation and my story were so jacked up that I was positive someone here would tell me so and that I wasn't trans or anything, I'm just messed up and confused, that's all. Then I read a few others who felt the same as me and I was amazed and I didn't feel so abnormal anymore.  As for the Christian faith, I understand. I am far from "out" in my journey, but part of my "problem" is I and my wife are pastors who pastor a church we planted. My first priority in accepting who I am was verifying for myself that I really am a woman who was assigned male at birth, then it was seeking to understand that from a biblical perspective and synthesize that with a more accurate understanding of Scripture where it doesn't condemn us in our community, but rather supports us. Matthew Vines and Kathy Baldock were invaluable in my research and changing my understanding of "what the Bible says" about us. I am confident in my understanding now and while I know the Church does not as of yet align with the truth I have found, I know that God himself does and he loves us just as we are and as the Word says, there is no condemnation for us. I am rather out of the box in my theology as it is and so I am glad to have finally crossed over this barrier as well. In time, I may come out fully and transition as well. Baby steps. I don't wish to offend or step out of the confines of the religion section with my above comments, but I want you all to know, as a charismatic ordained pastor I say this: The Church as a whole may not agree with us and yet align with what God himself feels about us in the LGBTQ+ community, but his heart for us is pure love and you are not wrong for being non-heterosexual. It is not a choice, you are not a mistake, you belong to the Church like anyone else professing faith in Christ. I can understand one leaving the Church due to their experiences above, but be comforted that you needn't leave God. He loves you, he always has and nothing can change that. You are so beautiful to him. Blessings my friends. Love you all. ❤️
    • ElizabethStar
      One of my good friends (she's cis and hetero) has told me that it (woman equivalent) happens to her on occasion when she finds that oh so perfect outfit. We've had some very risque conversations over the years. I think it's that OMG I look so cute and femme feeling that causes it and is relatively normal. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    • JustineM
      I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful “There goes my diet” Day. Had a nice relaxing day at home playing board games with my wife and kids. My sister in law brought us some stuff she made for dinner so didn’t even have to do any cooking. 
    • Jandi
      Bummer.   I have had this sort of trouble myself.  It was fixed once, but then busted again.    The 2nd time I had to wait awhile to get the surgery.  They gave me a truss-thing till then.   It did help keep my innards in, but was no fun.    I kept thinking about that Weird Al song, “Living with a Hernia”.  Ironic humor I guess. Hope you can get help soon.  
    • ElizabethStar
      I love the interactions I have with women now. I still get confused about fashion and social interactions but my friends are amazing and helpful. Whenever I have a question I can just call one of them and ask. It doesn't have to be a short or straight forward to the point conversation either and usually isn't. We talk about whatever, and I mean Whatever, comes to mind without any judgement.
    • Jandi
      Me too, but never was m’amed.  Growing up I was so jealous of the girls.    My parents always made me have buzzcuts.  I haven’t cut my hair in years, but there’s just not much of it left.    Dysphoria big time.  Not being sir’d makes my day.   Unfortunately it doesn’t happen often. 
    • ElizabethStar
      Hi Lyla.  
    • Jandi
      Welcome Lyla There are quite a few here of a certain age.  I’m 70 myself.  Guess it just takes a little longer for some of us to get to this place. 
    • ElizabethStar
      Hmmm. Got me remembering. Happened to me a lot when I was younger. It was a mix between long hair and my higher pitched voice. I used to think it was a curse; now it's a blessing.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.