Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolyn Marie

Minnesota Federal Judge Rules Against Insurance Company

6 posts in this topic

Chief U.S. District Judge Michael Davis has ruled that an insurance company illegally denied insurance coverage to the wife of a man she married in 2005. The insurance company claimed the marriage was invalid because the wife was a transwoman.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/family/11461-transgender-man-eligible-for-health-insurance-of-husband

The bigotry and transphobia of this periodical, "The New American," is plainly evident. Almost every mention of and reference to the woman is contained in quotes, including her name and the word marriage. The "paper" (quotation marks added) called Davis' ruling "puzzling." Nothing puzzling about this rag, whose menu choices include a section on "faith and morals."

Carolyn Marie

while the article is awful, the court's decision is a fantastic step forward for all of us!

Its those ""New Americans"" that are giving us older ones a real pain and a terrible reputation. The insurance company that lost was probably a big stockholder in the magazine.

The news is good but I won't read the article. I appreciate that others do and report for me because we need to know what is being said and how, but it just incenses me and keeps in a foul mood for hours to read stuff like that.

That court ruling however is great!

Johnny

Good news but the New American is up to its normal garbage.

Mia

Good news but the New American is up to its normal garbage.

UP TO??????? :thumbdown: is my interpretation. :hairpull: