• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ron Paul Revolution

Guest ~DeeDee~

Guest ~DeeDee~

Going to go to San Antonio and hear the good doctor speak about liberty and all those little things we all take for granted. It should be a packed house and pretty epic. I will take pictures and report back. Sooooooooooooo, excited.

Love,

~Dee Dee~

Guest Kendra K

As a longtime independent, who votes Democrat 90% of the time and disgusted with both of the parties right now, I really like Ron Paul. All the other Repulican candidates I can't stand and I've regretted voting for Obama in 2008. If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination (sadly, likely) I'll either write him in, vote for Gary Johnson (if he wins the Libertarian Party vote), or not vote for a candidate at all (still vote on issues on the ballots).

Guest ~DeeDee~

Turned out to be an awesome little gathering. The absolute wonderful variety of persons that hail from all walks of life, was truly inspirational. One of his keynotes in the speech was the notion that if people are truly able to be enjoy liberty and the freedoms that arise from it, you are able to live in any manner and lifestyle you may choose, and with this no person may require or or group can take away you right to pursue happiness in any way that you so choose. This guy really is in the race for the right reasons, and that is something that makes me believe that he will run on a platform exactly as he has proposed if he is elected the POTUS in 2012. he energy was great too.

Guest Kendra K
This guy really is in the race for the right reasons, and that is something that makes me believe that he will run on a platform exactly as he has proposed if he is elected the POTUS in 2012. he energy was great too.

Ron Paul has a long enough consistent track record that I believe him when he says he's for something. Which is different than any other politican, who I believe to be lying most of the time just to get votes.

Ron Paul does seem to have voluntarist learnings, if he's not actually a voluntarist, which I am. Despite the Repubs saying they're for "small government", he seems to be just about the only one who has small government stances.

• 2 weeks later...

There are things that I don't agree with Ron Paul. He's the only candidate who speaks against the funding for wars, militarism, and troops getting out of Iraq an Afghanistan. That I agree on. Paul won't win but I will vote for him.

This particular voting is over but there's another one in fives. This is where independents can team together and make an impact. About 48-49 percent of registered voters are independent, libertarian, right to life and other parties. We're not organized. If all parties can find 4 or 5 things they agree on and put their egos and ideologies aside, then we can made an impact on the country. One thing is certain: I will never vote for a Democrat or Republicn again. My vote is too precious.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ~DeeDee~

So wha's so great about Ron Paul? Or Libertarian candidates?

Serious question, no cynicism. ^_^

You have to discover that for yourself, he has numerous books out; End the Fed Liberty Defined The Revolution: A Manifesto The Case for Gold

A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship

All are great and will give you a great insight as to what the movement is about. You may decide that you don't like Ron Paul too, and that's ok also. I personally don't agree with everything RP believes in, but why I believe him as a politician is that his ideals are true, he is not for sale.The one thing that makes him great though, is that he does not, and neither do true libertarians, is that you can not enforce morality through the government upon it's citizens. Under this philosophy as long as you don't cause harm to others you are free to achieve happiness in any way you see fit. Also as a younger person in this country I realize that our Government cannot continue to print money and create debt, it's going to fail and the ones whom benefit from it now are not going to be around any longer so they will leave it to the next generation to deal with the mess. I could go on all day , if you want to know more PM me and I will tell you all about it.

~Dee Dee~

Guest Jaded1

Hmmm.

Unfortunately Dr. Paul and I agree on many key issues (foreign policy, acceptance of responsibility for 9/11, many social/domestic stances,) but there are also some very serious issues where he loses me. Between his pro-life stance, his disproven efficacy on economic policy and his die hard Ayn Rand/deregulation/free market without restrictions dedication I just can not support him.

And this coming from someone who voted for him in 08

• Forum Moderator

In my opinion, it's a matter of issues that one takes to heart and the prospective of the success of said issues with the candidates at hand. My person issues are right here...

For:

Repeal of DOMA

Equality, We're Americans, we deserve the same damn rights as every other American.

Successful rejuvenation of the Economy AND the Job Market.

Against:

Any Law which prohibits a Woman's Right to do whatever they wish with their body.

MY EXPLANATION: I will never be in a position in which I sincerely have to make that choice. I was NOT born with a womb. If I indeed ever impregnated a women against their desires

(never happened), I still would never have ANY form of ownership of their bodies... their dreams... their desires nor their hopes of their future life.

So... Therefore... I choose to allow a Woman to DO AS THEY CHOOSE.

Some say that you have to pick your battles.

Yea... ok. I reserve the right to choose what I'm going to cry over at night. And it surely would not be the future life of a previous lover.

I sincerely think that if you do NOT have a womb, you should just STFU on that whole political affair. Let the people who it would really make a difference battle that one out. REGARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS/MORAL CONVICTIONS.

No Womb = no vote on that subject.

Uhm... Other than that... Get rid of the EPA regulations on car emissions. Especially in Cali. I have an old Dakota just screaming for a 360 with a 6 pak and stacks sticking through the hood in my dreams. With a sweet House of Kolor purple metalflake with some medium and light blue flame airbrush work. And a TCI Street Dominator Transgender bolted to my 9" posi,,, Yea, I'll bust my nails to see the faces on the people as I drive that TS Truck down the boulevard....

Sorry. I guess the historic but true US Navy Flag comes into play in my heart.

Don't Tread on Me.

Guest Kendra K

So wha's so great about Ron Paul? Or Libertarian candidates?

Serious question, no cynicism. ^_^

Hey Micha-

I've started to write about this a few times, but haven't posted, since I'm not quite sure how to explain why I like Ron Paul without writing a long novel. I guess why I like Ron Paul and libertarian ideas is because it gets back to allowing for people to run their own lives as they see fit (government not imposing morality on people), so the maximum freedom for people without condoning actual violence. It's also trying to keep government from doing things that would be considered evil if you and I do them, but are for some reason people say is fine when governments do them.

What really got me thinking is the Zero-Aggression Principle. It got me questioning when is something truly evil and when is it just something that I may find morally wrong. It also got me questioning like I was saying above, why is it okay for government to do something, when it would be considered evil if a non-government person did it.

Guest Jo-88

Yea the biggest thing I disagree with Dr. Paul on is his refusal to use federal law to protect minority groups... he uses the excuse "it should be up to the states" just a bit too much for me. I mean isn't the federal government supposed to be there to make sure there isn't mob rule and that the states aren't violating peoples rights? Also just because he is pro life doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to stop women from getting abortions... again he would rather just "leave it up to the states" which I think is BS.

I do however support the majority of his fiscal, monetary, and foreign policies (non interventionism isn't the same as isolationism btw). I think he is absolutely right in wanting to eliminate the federal reserve and the IRS. If the federal government operated within its bounds and actually did its job, it would be a lot smaller and therefore would take significantly less tax dollars to operate... tax dollars that should be coming from corporations and import tariffs not the american worker.

Anyway considering the economic issues our country is facing I think he is the best candidate running so I support him... but no politician will ever view things exactly the way we do, so getting close is the best we can do most of them time.

Guest Micha

The political process has lost my faith, but guys like this kinda scare me. He seems to get people on social issues, but maintains a deregulation, "free" market economy, something completely unsustainable, and incompatible with freedom and equality. It also seems that the connections between social issues and economic issues are rarely drawn, and so politicians can gain support by emphasizing the mainstream issues, without addressing the deeper issues that feed all others. The deregulated private economy lead to the great depression as well as this current mess, but welfare state run economics failed to fix the systems problems, and just cleaned up the mess a bit in the 30's, but it all came apart in the 70's. The cycle will continue for as long as we survive, unless the underlying problem is removed - minority of for profit capitalists with a majority of the power.

I don't see any candidates who are willing to take on that issue. The mainstream issues aren't unimportant, by any means, but I feel they're used to keep people's attention off of the way capitalists are exploiting the majority of this country's people, milking them for profit and keeping them weak and ignorant. From what I've heard and read about Ron Paul's economic and financial stances, I worry. Diminishing the government is one thing, but if you don't break up big business first, we still won't be free, we'll just be ruled by boards of directors instead of an executive/legislative/judicial branch.

I don't think I can be won over by this one.

• 3 months later...
Guest Kendra K

I'm pretty annoyed with the the way the GOP treated Ron Paul in the convention. They weren't going to get my vote if RP wasn't the nominee anyhow, but I'm pretty annoyed. How can you say you have morals when you change the rules in the middle of the game, which I can't see any reason for doing so other than keeping Ron Paul out?

I'm voting for Gary Johnson. While I like Obama's stance on LGBT things, his policies on war, keeping the "patriot" act, and many other things there's no way I'm voting for him.

Getting a liberty president in there was an extemely long shot. With Ron Paul retiring, there's maybe a couple of people from either the Dems or Repubs I'm even remotely liking; Kuscinish on the Dems, possibly Rand Paul on the Repubs side.

Guest Kendra K

I'm voting for Gary Johnson. While I like Obama's stance on LGBT things, his policies on war, keeping the "patriot" act, and many other things there's no way I'm voting for him.

Whoops. Realized my punctuation wasn't good, so it made it different than I intended to. What I meant to say:

"I'm voting for Gary Johnson. While I like Obama's stance on LGBT things, there's no way I'm voting for him because of his policies on war, keeping the "patriot" act, regulation, and many other things."

Guest Lacey Lynne

There are things that I don't agree with Ron Paul. He's the only candidate who speaks against the funding for wars, militarism, and troops getting out of Iraq an Afghanistan. That I agree on. Paul won't win but I will vote for him.

This particular voting is over but there's another one in fives. This is where independents can team together and make an impact. About 48-49 percent of registered voters are independent, libertarian, right to life and other parties. We're not organized. If all parties can find 4 or 5 things they agree on and put their egos and ideologies aside, then we can made an impact on the country. One thing is certain: I will never vote for a Democrat or Republicn again. My vote is too precious.

Gennee's got that right!

Ron Paul is Da Man, though; however, it doesn't matter.

When Obama won in 2008, I knew he wouldn't do much, simply because he can't. Nobody can. Presidents, kings, queens, prime ministers, et cetera, take orders and, believe me, do EXACTLY what they're told to do ... or else. Think President Abraham Lincoln and President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Step out of line and counter the real masters' agenda aggressively enough, and you're toast.

When I was about age 15 (that would have been in 1970 sometime), I clearly saw that NATIONAL voting does not REALLY matter. The presidents, et cetera, who get elected are there to make people THINK they have a choice and a say (they do not) and take the blame when things go against the public's wishes (to deflect blame from the real perpetrators). Heads of state are there for show ... period. I've never voted and pride myself on the fact.

If you think things are going to change and get better in America (and elsewhere), they're not. The worldwide police state is rising at an ever-accelerating pace. No? If you're in the U.S.A., do you know about the FEMA Camps and the Regional Fusion Centers? Ever heard of The Georgia Guidestones? Google search 'em.

Nothing less than a complete transformation (and a very rapid one) in consciousness in the masses will effect any change in The System. The Powers That Be are doing EVERYTHING they can to prevent that from happening.

Just my opinion.

However, yes, Ron Paul rocks! Love the guy!

Peace & Joy :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

I sincerely think that if you do NOT have a womb, you should just STFU on that whole political affair. Let the people who it would really make a difference battle that one out. REGARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS/MORAL CONVICTIONS.

No Womb = no vote on that subject.

Uhm... Other than that... Get rid of the EPA regulations on car emissions. Especially in Cali. I have an old Dakota just screaming for a 360 with a 6 pak and stacks sticking through the hood in my dreams. With a sweet House of Kolor purple metalflake with some medium and light blue flame airbrush work. And a TCI Street Dominator Transgender bolted to my 9" posi,,, Yea, I'll bust my nails to see the faces on the people as I drive that TS Truck down the boulevard....

You get my vote! BTW, I love to hear a sister gear head post! Greasy pink fingernails are sexy, at least on me! LOL. My dream ride is a "98 Buick Riviera, Chopped, sectioned, hammered, and slammed, set-up for the Bonneville salt flats in hot pink no less! Then I can join the 200mph Club, then change the spur gears in the quick change rear axle and drive it to work on the freeway. Giggle. Any sponsors? (No I haven't been sniffing the Nitrous Oxide.) Jody---PS I will vote out of necessity any way I can to keep the Republicans out of office. JT

Guest MsGsptlsnz

A vote for the libertarian candidate is really a vote for the Republicans because it represents another voter who would have voted Democratic instead.

Back when I ran a Libertarian booth at the Gun Shows I'd hear that same logic from Republicans saying that voting for a Libertarian was really a vote for a Democrat. It seems to me that most major party voters who vote Libertarian are using it as a protest vote for their own party. If a Republcian feels like their candidate isn't strong enough on right wing issues they protest by voting Libertarian and if a Democrat feels like their candidate isn't strong enough on left wing issues they portest by voting Libertarian. I gave up on politics when I relized that the Libertarian Party was basicly that slutty girl you'd date to urine off the girl you really wanted to be with.

Guest Melissa~

Way off topic. Here on greasy pink fingernails that was yesterday. My atv was pouring gas out the carb overflow. I finished the farm chores and dug into the carb a 2001 Honda. Turns out it was earth in the float needle. Causing the overflow.

Carb cleaner melts nail polish.

Back on topic: Sorry, Ron Paul may not have my vote. More power to the RP revolution but you need to get out of single digits for real if you want to attract my attention.

Guest Kendra K

When I was about age 15 (that would have been in 1970 sometime), I clearly saw that NATIONAL voting does not REALLY matter. The presidents, et cetera, who get elected are there to make people THINK they have a choice and a say (they do not) and take the blame when things go against the public's wishes (to deflect blame from the real perpetrators). Heads of state are there for show ... period. I've never voted and pride myself on the fact.

If you think things are going to change and get better in America (and elsewhere), they're not. The worldwide police state is rising at an ever-accelerating pace. No? If you're in the U.S.A., do you know about the FEMA Camps and the Regional Fusion Centers? Ever heard of The Georgia Guidestones? Google search 'em.

Nothing less than a complete transformation (and a very rapid one) in consciousness in the masses will effect any change in The System. The Powers That Be are doing EVERYTHING they can to prevent that from happening.

Yep. It's really terrible just how little it takes for someone to go to jail, even for a short time. I could go on, but no time to do so.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Yep. It's really terrible just how little it takes for someone to go to jail, even for a short time. I could go on, but no time to do so.

Kendra:

Please, DO go on, girl!!!

Heck, private-message me on here if you want to talk in detail.

What a joy it is to find somebody else who "sees and gets it" with respect to what's actually going on!

Peace :thumbsup: Lacey

• Forum Moderator

All the more reason to become legally and physically female.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Sure enough, Cindy!

Hey, I'm working on it! After 1.5 years' delay, I'm hoping to go file my legal name change this upcoming Monday. I already have my gender marker letter for the DMV to then become legally female. Finally ... FINALLY!!! Jesus!

Anyway, The System's main movers are so evil, it actually won't make any difference anyway. However, yes, let's "get female" as soon as possible anyway!

Love you like a sister, Cindy! Missed ya!

Huggs :friends: Lacey

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 151 Guests (See full list)

• Evelyn J
    • KathyLauren
    • Maddee
    • Breanne_O
    • AllieJ
    • Ashley0616
    • VickySGV