• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cis vs TG viewing of body parts?

Guest Kendra K

Guest Kendra K

Something I struggle with when looking at myself and being TG, is trying to determine the difference between Cis and TG viewing of body parts and my thoughts and feelings.

So they say, Cis men love breasts, loads so. They love things such as Victoria's Secret models, the lingerie football league and such. I struggle with this. I do like seeing a lingerie model (although I roll my eyes at the lingerie football league).

I see a picture of a bra like you'd see in a catalog, of only the bra with the boobs in it. I like the picture. I like seeing the boobs in the picture and sometimes even get turned on by linergie pictures. How would a cis male/cis female think of those sorts of thing?

Now one thing that seems to point to my TGness is that I walk through a store and want to buy and wear all kinds of female clothing and there's amost no male clothing I like.

Still, I get back to the liking the boobs in the picture of the bra. Does that make me cis? What exactly does the "normal" cis males and females reaction?

Guest CariadsCarrot

Attraction is totally different from gender. A lot of people get the 2 things mixed up but which gender you feel and which gender you are attracted to are 2 totally separate things so you can be female and also be attracted to females.

Gabe

Guest Kendra K

Rats, at times like this I wish I could edit the orignial post to clarify what I'm asking.

Yeah, I do get that gender and sexuality are separate. I guess what I'm just wondering out loud, is how Cis-males and Cis-Females would think of such things?

Guest Elizabeth K

Our fascination with human sexuality can vary over the years as we mature. It is certainly complicated by factors such as transsexuality. I would once see an attractive girl walk by and just melt - wanting so much to BE her. I would dress as my true self - and LONG for those curves so artfully created, I wanted them TO BE REAL! To this day the body of a woman is just so ... well... dang interesting to me. I didn't always make the distinction if I was erotically attracted to a woman because she was a woman, or if it was because I wanted all she had.

Now I am about 80% a woman in body. I have a female face, soft skin, breasts, soft and touchable parts all over. Soon I will have my surgery and be indistinguishable in body from a natal woman, unless there is DNA testing.

But women still attract me, while men do not, I mean in a physical attraction sense. That might shift a bit, but still? I want to snuggle with my woman life partner - who soon will also be indistinguishable from a natal woman in body.

So yes- breasts are GRAND! On me or anyone else.

Lizzy

Guest Gregg Jameson

Hi Kendra,

Human sexuality is very complex. The more open-minded we are, the more we can see this and are likely to allow the "experiencing" of these complexities. Little, if anything, is totally black or white. While we extend understanding to others, it's also important we allow ourselves the time to understand ourselves. We would do well, I think, to understand that our understanding of ourselves may change over time, as Lizzy has mentioned.

I am still sorting out the complexities in my own life. There are some things I feel very sure about, at least at this point in my life. Yet, some others still need further clarification. I understand that my understanding of myself may change at anytime. Gender is fluid.

The key is to live a life that brings you true joy! :D

EnJOY Life!

Brad

I consider myself a straight female... but the curves of the feminine physique are beautiful and mystifying even for me. It is extremely rare I find a woman arousing but it has happened once or twice, always with a woman whose got a great set of curves. I'm not really sure how much of it is envy, probably all of it but even I have to admit I find them beautiful and attractive in some form.

I don't there is a "normal cis male/female reaction". I think it's all individual with many varying factors involved.

~Jade.

Guest CariadsCarrot

The thing is, there IS no 'normal' in either cis or trans gender. When you say 'normal' do you mean straight? Even within that category there is no 'normal' coz what one man or woman might find attractive, another person wouldn't necessarily.

I guess at a push I would say that a lot of straight males would look at breasts and find them sexually attractive. Also a lot of lesbian women would do the same but may also (I gather from what I've heard) think 'I wish I had a body like that'. I can't tell you what the average straight woman would think to be totally honest with you. I've never been one or hear one talk about it. I always stayed away from that kind of girl talk because it makes me feel like a guy sneaking into the girls locker room if I let women talk that way in front of me.

As Lizzy said, feelings and thoughts can get confused though and sometimes it takes a work out the difference between being attracted to something or wanting to be like it. In the past I assumed that when I looked at pictures of beautiful ladies I was wanting to look like that and when I saw pictures of men I was attracted to them but I now realise it was totally the other way around - I want to look like the men and am attracted to the ladies!

...so I wouldn't use feelings about seeing pictures of women's bodies as something pivotal to how you see yourself for now. Try to allow yourself to explore both your feelings about yourself and your feelings over seeing other peoples bodies without confining it with labels or comparisons to anyone else.

Gabe

Guest Kendra K

I don't there is a "normal cis male/female reaction". I think it's all individual with many varying factors involved.

The thing is, there IS no 'normal' in either cis or trans gender. When you say 'normal' do you mean straight? Even within that category there is no 'normal' coz what one man or woman might find attractive, another person wouldn't necessarily.

I put normal in quotes, meaning what most of society would say is normal.

Guest Jal Marie

Hi Kendra K,

A couple of times I have had some interesting conversations with some of the women in town, these are all straight married cisfemales. The subject was male strippers and I made the comment that the male body does nothing for me and actually care not seeing a nude male body but I might enjoy watching female strippers. Each cisfemale that was in the conversation agreed to some degree. Three out of the four said they would rather watch female strippers vs male strippers and the reason for this they stated, the male body is just not as attractive as the female body stating the female body is beautiful.

As for boob looking I have been amazed at what I have noticed how people react to me. I gave up on bra's and my girls have been cage free for a long time. When in town doing my thing most guys are looking, well staring, that's the nature of cismales. But what I find interesting is the high number of cisfemales that also stare at my girls ,even when talking to them. I find many times that when talking to a cisfemale their eyes dart down to my girls then quickly back to my eyes. Some of these cisfemales know that I am trans and just maybe curious about them. For the cisfemales who do not know that I'm trans who I know are straight who look at my girls I really have no answer for that because I never asked them simply because I think it would embarress them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nova Maria

I don't know how cis women think, and frankly, it's of very little importance to me. All I know is how I think.

Guest Elliot_S

My girlfriend, who is a more gender typical female than I am in most ways but is also attracted solely to women, seems to feel a combination of attraction and envy (?) when it comes to viewing other women's bodies. I put a question mark after envy because I'm not sure it is the right word, there does not seem to be bitterness attached to it, but there is definitely an element of "I would like that particular feature" attached to her admiration. When I look at the types of images you describe my admiration is a matter of attraction, I honestly would prefer to be less like them physically and if I start comparing those images to myself i get depressed quickly by how well I DO match up, so mostly I don't compare at all. I have plenty of straight female friends and mostly they seem to have a reaction of pure admiration that is not sexual, mixed with a certain amount of "I want that for my own appearance." Straight guys seem to admire in both sexual and aesthetic ways but obviously do not generally want female features for themselves. I agree with everyone else's assessment that there is no right or wrong here, and that any given reaction on your part does not make you any more or less of a woman. But I do see what you are trying to ask as far as where the averages lie, and this is my assessment.