• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Natural Hair! - such a good day!

Guest Chii

chiil.jpg

It has been too long since I started growing out my hair but its finally starting to look long-ish. I feel so feminine with longer hair now, so I cant wait to see the results in a few more months time!! I've been getting so annoyed at my hair for taking so long to grow, and was quite upset with it today in particular. Its naturally quite curly/wavy so it never shows any growth, but I decided to straighten it today and a couple more inches appeared which was amazing! So obviously I got all excited and ran to the bathroom to take a quick picture - took the liberty to change into my new dress which I'm in love with right now - just need the matching heels and bracelet (being a girl is EXPENSIVE) - and then I just had to post a picture for you girls because I'm so pleased! Please forgive the distinct lack of make up, I do apologise :P

On the way back from the bathroom I bumped into one of my flatmates who was so shocked because she thought some random girl had invaded our flat - JACKPOT!

Thanks for listening to my silly squeems! :P

Chii xx

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Yup yup. Curly/wavy hair always gains a few inches when you straighten it. It's really pretty when you take the time and effort to straighten curly hair but then you have to put stuff in it to keep the humidity out because once humidity hits those curly locks, good bye straight hair. I have too much hair to straighten and not enough time to do it so I don't even bother. Besides, curls cause jealousy! :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Yeah, my curls are too unruly for anyone to be jealous of Lizzie :P

Get the split ends trimmed off. Buy some decent conditioner and some decent hair products for curly hair and show your locks some love, girl! (and by decent I mean don't buy the expensive stuff, but don't buy the cheapo stuff either.) I can only suggest brands in the US, I have no idea what they have across the pond. :(

Yeah, my curls are too unruly for anyone to be jealous of Lizzie :P

Get the split ends trimmed off. Buy some decent conditioner and some decent hair products for curly hair and show your locks some love, girl! (and by decent I mean don't buy the expensive stuff, but don't buy the cheapo stuff either.) I can only suggest brands in the US, I have no idea what they have across the pond. :(

My shampoo and conditioner are quite good for now at least - its the split ends most likely T_T Need to get them cut off but I cant face going to get my hair cut :P

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

My shampoo and conditioner are quite good for now at least - its the split ends most likely T_T Need to get them cut off but I cant face going to get my hair cut :P

Just tell the stylist you need a trim, and just the split ends, nothing else. At most she (or he, depending I guess) will be trimming off an inch, more if the split ends are really bad but if you've got really good hair products the split ends shouldn't be that bad. Healthy hair is pretty hair!

Guest Jal Marie

Hi Chii,

I love your hair, very cute dress and as for the makeup, you don't need to hide that pretty face with makeup. You are adorable! I like your silly squeems.