Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BassBone

Dad of a new son...

Guest BassBone   
Guest BassBone

Hi to all. I am new to this forum and definitely to this topic. My FTM son, Keegan, told his mom and I about two months ago that he is TG. It had been a very emotional time for me until I discovered this forum. Just wanted to say thanks to all the parents who have been willing to share your experiences in this way. It has really helped. Thank you.

JJ   
JJ

Welcome to Laura's Playground! And I would like to thank you for being here. We learn so much from parents.

And for caring and being understanding of your son enough to be here. We all know how important that kind of support and understanding can be in our lives

Johnny

Mittens_kittens   
Mittens_kittens

Welcome! So glad to see another parent joining the forum. I'm the mom of an 18 year old FTM, who is still fairly early in his transition. I look forward to comparing notes and being there to support one another.

Please look into joining me in the Parent Chat on Thursday evening. It's helped me immensely, and I know it would help your family too.

Hang in there, this can be done. One little step at a time.

Mittens

Guest YourDaughterToo   
Guest YourDaughterToo

Welcome. I'm the mother of a MtF who is now 26 and had surgery 3 years ago. I'll answer any questions.

Rhonda

Guest Joyful Mama   
Guest Joyful Mama

I, too, will say 'Welcome' to this forum! I am a mother whose daughter is MtF and have been traveling through the journey too. It gets better as time goes on for the whole family when they feel the love and support from you. You aren't alone as us mothers know exactly how you are feeling and will give you our love and support.

Joyful Mama

twinstar4   
twinstar4

Welcome to LP. I'm so glad you found us.

As parents we understand how you feel, and we are here to help you when you need it.

Laura's was a tremendous help to me when I started to learn about being a parent of a TG daughter. There is a lot of information here as well as kind, patient, knowledgable, supportive people.

All of the parents I have met go through the same issues and it is such a help to have their support.

Good for you for supporting Keegan.

Svenna   
Svenna

It is always a joyous thing when a supportive parent joins us here at Laura's. Not many dads seem to take advantage of the resources found here, at least not compared to the number of moms on board, so I gotta give you MAJOR props for the effort!

But, mostly, I want to thank you for being supportive of your son, Keegan, it means a lot to him, I am sure..

I hope you and yours find the answers and happiness you seek! :)

Love, Svenna

Guest BassBone   
Guest BassBone

Thank you all. I am sure that I will be asking lots of questions as we all go through transition. It is helpful to know that I have a safe place to ask them. I live in the buckle of the Bible Belt and support groups for parents of TG children are very hard to find. There are a few so I will try to find one to go to. I have figured out that I can't go through this alone as it is too overwhelming. So thank you all.

Svenna   
Svenna

Thank you all. I am sure that I will be asking lots of questions as we all go through transition. It is helpful to know that I have a safe place to ask them. I live in the buckle of the Bible Belt and support groups for parents of TG children are very hard to find. There are a few so I will try to find one to go to. I have figured out that I can't go through this alone as it is too overwhelming. So thank you all.

BassBone,

The phrase 'it takes a village' is totally apropos when it comes to a gender transition. This is BIG stuff for everybody involved, so there is no way one can expect to go it alone and be successful. Keegan has a great dad, it seems to me!

Much Respect, Svenna