• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Why is this forum so quiet?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I've been wondering this for awhile now. Why is the beauty subforum so quiet? It's all about makeup! And beauty products! Makeup, foundation, powder, blush, mascara, eyeliner, nail polish, bronzer, primer, eyeshadow...what's not to love about this place?!

Makeup is good.

Makeup is fun.

Makeup makes you feel pretty.

Love makeup. I do. :)

I am not full time yet and haven't had the chance to play with make up for a long time.

Soon as I can I'll join ya on the girl talk. Getting ready to try out a new Sephora product though and if it works I'll let you know :)

Till then, I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I find them really helpful and I've already added the Orgasm blush and various other products to my Amazon wishlist for when full time nears!

*hugs*

~Jade.

Guest Robin Winter

lol, I'm not a big fan of makeup. I will use what is appropriate when it is appropriate, but I doubt it'll be much more than a little eye makeup.

• Forum Moderator

I like makeup more the older i get. The most important for me is the eyebrow pencil. that makes the biggest difference in how i look.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest angels wings

Do tell what is the orgasm blush ?

This is strange I'm learning alot from u girls . After raising my kids I really did not have time for make up . Well this inspires me . Inspires me to do things I should have done ages ago . So keep the ideas coming cause u never know who it might help .

Guest Ney'ite

Omg I do not go out of the house without at least some makeup on! Mine only consists of eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow and now and then lipstick. I don't even remember putting it on anymore, it is just part of my morning routine now - but one aspect I am no doubt glad to have. :)

Guest Ney'ite

Well this inspires me . Inspires me to do things I should have done ages ago .

Hee hee - isn't it really neat where we can find inspiration some times? I know in the office I work in, as well as my now-roommate, the other girls seem to be wearing a little more makeup and dolling up a little more.

*giggles*

Guest angels wings

Lol Bette it is amazing I never had time for me but I'm going to make an effort to even get a gd mascara even if it takes me weeks to save up for it . I want to feel like a girl too ;)

Guest Micha

I've been wondering this for awhile now. Why is the beauty subforum so quiet?

Cuz people the world over have realized they're beautiful without makeup? Cuz they've decided it's unnecessary, over priced and that the ideal standard of beauty is just a corporate con designed to bait consumers out of their money? Cuz they've determined if their partners can't appreciate them without add ons and enhancers, then it's their partners' loss?

Ah. . . utopian, but I can dream, can't I?

Never mind. :lol:

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Do tell what is the orgasm blush ?

It's blush made by NARS and the shade is called ..that. It's not cheap though, I paid $28 for it but it's very pretty and very flattering. Even celebrities wear it!

Also apparently I have guilt-tripped my dispatcher into wearing mascara. I'm not sure how I did that, but according to her I did.

Guest ~DeeDee~

If you know what your looking for there are some great deals to be had on Ebay, for example, I won a full size Boscia tinted moisturizer yesterday for a whopping $3 when it retails at almost $30. Oh yeah, that NARS Orgasm is awesome and if you like that you ought to try the Copacabana too, very pretty it is.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Just as I supposedly guilt-tripped my dispatcher into wearing mascara, one of my friends has guilt tripped me into wearing eyeliner. I tried it today and I think it turned out really well. Really defines your eyes! I used the one that came in the kit from another thread. This one is pencil and I found it went on easier and was easier to blend than liquid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angels wings

I love eye liner it love doin the edge thingy on the side of ur eyes.

Thx Lizzie for ur response never heard of that hear im gonna look it up

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well my eyeliner quest has lead me to try a few other products. I noticed with pencil the bottom lid tends to melt after a few hours and for me, that's totally not acceptable. Luckily the pencil I was trying was by NYC and only 99 cents so it's not a big purchase.

So today I'm going to try...

L'oreal Infallible eyeliner. "up to 16 hours of smudge resistant color" we'll see about that.

and for the top lid I'm going to try Rimmel Exxagerate bold design eye crayon. Looks like it could be liquid with a felt tip applicator which I figured is perfect for the upper lid. It's new and opthamologist tested...which is unclear if an eyedoctor studied it or if an eyedoctor wore it. Hmmm....

Oh and by melt I mean the color went on just fine but after a few hours it started to look like the beginning of raccoon eyes and yeah, that's totally not acceptable. I want to define my eyes and make them look amazing, not look like I'm in an old time bank robber movie, ya know? Ah the quest for beauty...

Guest angels wings

Lol too funny :)

Wow liquid eye shadow boy have I been looked up in the cupboard for years. Never heard of that one . Hehehe a bank robber in a big truck lol

• Forum Moderator

Because i can't be full time yet, i have to make thing removable. Uggh. Here's a trick for you if that's your story or if you just want to try something for a short time. I wash face(at least once a week) ha ha, I then use a moisturizer. Most have a mineral oil base. I make sure that my eyes, lashes and brows, have been "oiled" Makeup sticks well but comes off easily without loading your eyes with soap. As i've spent so much of my life under a stone we worms find some tricks.

I'm looking forward to more permanent makeup. I love how it changes my face. I have also noticed at the aa meetings that the girls are dressing better and wearing more makeup. One of the girls has commented on mine and she always does her eyes now. It's great to give oneself time to look good.

Liz, love your posts. I've ended up with raccoon eyes using too much light colored concealer around them. I just can't look 30 again or is that 40 or 50 oops Girls don't mention their age..

Hugs, Charlie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

One of the girls has commented on mine and she always does her eyes now. It's great to give oneself time to look good.

She has to keep up with the competition. Well I say that jokingly but it's true in a sense.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well I'm giving the new eyeliners a try.

The new pencil eyeliner seems to be staying and not melting so that's a plus.

The liquid eyeliner seems to be working out well, too.

But it's only been like an hour so we shall see as the day progresses how things go.

Guest otter-girl

My SO did my first full makeup tonite. What a learning curve! Mount Everest even. Anyway I was surprised how improved I was and great fun too. A while yet til I risk a photo :)

I'm glad this forum is here.

hugs,

Rachel

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

You have a tremendous resource at your disposal for makeup help. If you've got a question your SO can't answer, you can always come here to ask.

Stay pretty, my darlings. :)