• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Why is this forum so quiet?

Guest angels wings

Were following ur footsteps sunshine

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well phooey. The 16 hour smudgeproof eyeliner bled a little tonight so I was a little disappointed at that. The top lashes still looked great so I'm thinking tomorrow..er..later...I'll switch the two and put liquid liner on the bottom and try the pencil on top.

I'm apparently my own makeup guinea pig. I will find a combination that works, darnit!

I bet this is how the makers of WD-40 felt while they were testing formulas 1-39....

Guest otter-girl

I bet this is how the makers of WD-40 felt while they were testing formulas 1-39....

Annoying when it dont work as it should. Also annoying that wd40 is less exlensive too!!

Rachel

Guest Sarah1967

I have a question How do you apply the eyeliner to the water line ? I took the eyeliner pencil an I keep missing the water line an it looks like I have a black eye .

MackenzieB

Just as I supposedly guilt-tripped my dispatcher into wearing mascara, one of my friends has guilt tripped me into wearing eyeliner. I tried it today and I think it turned out really well. Really defines your eyes! I used the one that came in the kit from another thread. This one is pencil and I found it went on easier and was easier to blend than liquid.

I use Revlon's ColorStay liquid eyeliner. That stuff really stays. I put it on by 7am and can still be wearing it at midnight. For lips I use Maybelline SuperStay 24. It's a lipstain. I put that on while getting ready for work and it's good for the whole day.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I have a question How do you apply the eyeliner to the water line ? I took the eyeliner pencil an I keep missing the water line an it looks like I have a black eye .

For me, this is a 2-hand job. With my good hand, I hold the eyeliner. With the other hand I use a finger to pull the skin just below my eye down, which will make it easier to apply eyeliner along the water line. Just be careful that you don't poke yourself in the eye.

Then once you get that done, you can experiment with keeping it a thin line or making it a thicker line by lining right at your lower lashes, which would be just below the water line.

Hope that helps!

Guest Sarah1967

For me, this is a 2-hand job. With my good hand, I hold the eyeliner. With the other hand I use a finger to pull the skin just below my eye down, which will make it easier to apply eyeliner along the water line. Just be careful that you don't poke yourself in the eye.

Then once you get that done, you can experiment with keeping it a thin line or making it a thicker line by lining right at your lower lashes, which would be just below the water line.

Hope that helps!

Thanks I will try that ..

Guest meagan

Liner used to be the scariest part. So much just seemed to go wrong all the time lol.

I often will line my eyes after i prime the lids, starting with liquid and then redoing the line with my pencil. then doing my shadows, the shadows will soften the line and ups the staying time by a huge margin. I also like the pencil after to tight line my top lash as i can not quite get the liquid as tight as i would prefer. If i want a stronger line, then i will do my shadow first and then just use pencil and go over that again with black shadow to sort of set it.

My trick for the water line or lower lash line is all one handed, using the palm to tighten the skin just enough to angle the water line out a touch and then with same hand holding the pencil, make the line.

I also do not usually line my eyes where there are no lashes growing. To me it helps create a more open and clean look or else i feel like i am doing the racoon look. Also if i do a wing with my liner, i always angle up. It just looks fresher and more youthfull. Straight out or even angled down makes my eyes look older and tired.

the liners i like best.

Gosh -- Khol pencil - black it is butter soft and goes on smooth but does not smudge out easily. this is my everday use pencil.

Lancome -- le Crayon -- black and brown -- very buttery, smooth and easy to apply, lasts long and is easier to smudge and soften. Good for some softeness or to power up a great smokey eye.

Maybelline -- Waterproof Liquid eyeliner -- black goes on smooth and easy and has good staying power

bareMinerals -- Big and Bright eyeliner -- brown a lighter brown shade that glides on silky smooth and is great for nude/natural looks. down side is, it does like to smudge real easy and last 4-5 hours, but still a good liner.

Smashbox -- Eyeshadow -- Blackout I use it mostly to set my liquid/pencil liners, but i sometimes just line with the shadow itself for a really really soft deep line. Not good for water line or tight lining the top lashes

Guest sophia.gentry58

I am a mere novice when it comes to all things comestics, though I do so love to make myself pretty and feminine. I suppose if I had natural feminine facial features I would use less makeup, but just applying my cosmetics makes me feel so feminine, it allows me to feel connected to womanhood!

Sophia

Guest Sarah Faith

I am a mere novice when it comes to all things comestics, though I do so love to make myself pretty and feminine. I suppose if I had natural feminine facial features I would use less makeup, but just applying my cosmetics makes me feel so feminine, it allows me to feel connected to womanhood!

Sophia

I hate to say it, but I find applying my make up as somewhat tedious and tiring, I've gotten to where I can get the look Im going for pretty well but I really only wear make up when Im going out for something other than going to subway!

But I've found that primarily I prefer MAC Cosmetics, Sephora, and Bare Minerals, I've tried some of the more walmart style brands but my skin doesn't really like them and I tend to get better results with products I mentioned. I really don't do alot of eyeshadow right now, I mainly go with my eyeliner which I only apply to the upper lid with wings, my foundation, blush, and a dark shade of red lipstick. I get complements on my makeup all the time my friends Aunt (who I had met once before but she didnt recognize me at all) told me she loved what I was doing with my makeup. :)

Sarah

Charlize

I have gotten into an every morning routine that i like. My wife has picked up some of my product esp. the powder i use to make my red alcoholic nose calm down. It is big enough as it is without leading the way like Rudolf the Reindeer. I think i'm getting pretty good and now the mascara goes on quickly without horrible messes(knock on wood). Eyeliner seems beyond me and even when i got a makeover she didn't add it. So? Tips here are great and makeup and the time to apply it are in the schedule now. But i must say i love to do it at traffic lights too. I'm sure it bugs the men behind me.

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest Kaylee234

I think eyeliner is my least favorite part of doing my makeup. I have yet to find one I really like, and often I think it's too much drama both the application and the look.

I've taken to either tightlining from the underside of my lashes with a pencil or using an angled eyeliner brush to put a thin line of dark eyeshadow there. It's a subtler look than a bold line and that's kinda what I'm going for.

I should practice it a lot more to get better at it.

~ Kay

mara13

Does anyone know of any good books with detailed step by step instructions with pictures and glossary that I could buy? The videos I have found are nice, but they go to fast and the sound is out of sync so I can't tell what is going on, also they film from too far away from the face, so I don't get a clear idea exactly where they are applying the makeup.

Guest Kaylee234

Does anyone know of any good books with detailed step by step instructions with pictures and glossary that I could buy? The videos I have found are nice, but they go to fast and the sound is out of sync so I can't tell what is going on, also they film from too far away from the face, so I don't get a clear idea exactly where they are applying the makeup.

Deep Stealth Productions has a 2-DVD set on makeup theory and application. It was my first real resource and taught me quite a bit as a beginner.

Looks like they bundled it with their voice program and it's even on sale! A lot cheaper than I paid last year. Here's the link: http://www.genderlife.com/products-page/ultimate-packages/transsexual-survival-kit-voice-makeup-4-dvd-1-cd/

There is also Transformations By Gina Presents: Makeup 101-The Basics, available on Amazon. I haven't seen this one since it's a little too much for me to buy right now.

I also have copies of Paula Begoun's The Beauty Bible and Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Both are great references and I'd recommend them. No pictures, though. :(

~ Kay

mara13

Thanks for the help KayLee, but what I really need is books, preferably with step by step closeup pictures, videos go to fast for me. I appreciate the thought though.

Guest Sarah Faith

I think eyeliner is my least favorite part of doing my makeup. I have yet to find one I really like, and often I think it's too much drama both the application and the look.

I've taken to either tightlining from the underside of my lashes with a pencil or using an angled eyeliner brush to put a thin line of dark eyeshadow there. It's a subtler look than a bold line and that's kinda what I'm going for.

I should practice it a lot more to get better at it.

~ Kay

It takes some practice but eyeliner really isn't that difficult it's just a matter of figuring out your eye shape and going with a liner style that is right for you. I'm not a fan of pencils as it turns out I don't like how under-defined they tend to be, I've found that I like eyeliner creme it is far more versatile in my opinion. You can apply it straight and smudge it for a smoky look, or you can get some on your brush and mix it with water for a more defined liquid liner type look. I use a angled brush and a precision liner brush to get my liner where I want it. I actually find the liner on the lids is easy, for me it's getting the wings that I go with to be even on both sides that's challenging. I prefer the bolder look as I only use a highlighting colored shadow on the inner corner of my eye.

If liner is done right it can make the biggest difference in your look! :)

Sarah

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Oh I bought some new mascara the other day while waiting for my spiro refill. CoverGirl Clump Crusher (by Lashblast)..it's new! 200% more volume, 0 clumps. we shall see. Now I just need motivation to wear makeup to try it out...maybe when I get over this cold.

When it comes to mascara, I only get one shade: the blackest one they have. and non-waterproof. (waterproof flakes off on me)