• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolyn Marie

My First 12 Months

Carolyn Marie

Saturday marked exactly one year since I came out at work, and began my RLE. I've been posting about my experiences pretty regularly since, but I can summarize a few things.

In the last year; my S/O has become quite comfortable being with me in public, and we really haven't had any awkward moments. She is quite used to waiters and others saying "how are you, ladies?" We go into public restrooms together, and even hold hands sometimes. I don't think she likes having people think of her as lesbian, but the need to have that touch, that physical connection with me, seems to outweigh any mental discomfort.

I've kept very busy with various activist activities, something I hadn't really planned on, but which I've stumbled into and found I enjoy very much. I think I'll continue doing that work for a couple more years, but I can already sense that it has its limits, and will enjoy just as much the time I can call it quits and once again become anonymous and have my time to myself.

My physical changes have slowed, but I am satisfied with where I'm at. I will probably have a procedure or two done next year, but probably not GRS. My reasons on that are my own.

My work life has been just great, much better than I had imagined. I am accepted completely, and by 98% of everyone I see often. My co-workers don't seem to mind me talking about trans issues - I think they find it fascinating, and when something comes up in the news, they seem to relish talking to me about it and enjoy having the "inside scoop."

Mentally and emotionally, I am where I've always wanted to be, and I can truthfully say I am happy with who I am and what my life has become. It's a life I've dreamed about since I was 7, and its worth the wait.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Carolyn,

I hope that my results are as good in another few months. Thank you for being my fearless leader!

Love, Megan

Guest Robin Winter

I hope I look good in green, cuz that's about the color I am right now ^_^

Envy aside, I'm very happy for you *Hugs*

Guest Risu

Has it really been a year? How time flies!

Your stories have continued to inspire hope again and again and I am very thankful to you for sharing them. Belated Happy First Birthday Caorlyn!

It sounds like you've had a pretty good year all in all and I wish you many many more good years full of love, acceptance and tolrtance!

*hugs*

~Jade.

Svenna

Carolyn,

Your journey has inspired so many of us and it will continue to inspire long after you slip away, just another woman living her life..

It seems to me that all things must pass, and when you do make that leap away from 'trans-ness', we will still think of you and support and love you in your absence. YOU have made a huge contribution already, do as you must when the time comes, all will be well...

Love and MUCH respect, dear Lady!

:) Svenna

Guest Krisina

I'm glad to hear one year later, being full time you are being well received, accepted with work and your s.o. is accepting of you in public too. I'm sure people in your personal life too. The emotionaans mental well being must be the best part after all these years.

Krisina

Guest Donna Jean

Mentally and emotionally, I am where I've always wanted to be, and I can truthfully say I am happy with who I am and what my life has become. It's a life I've dreamed about since I was 7, and its worth the wait.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

OMG, I hear THAT, Girlfriend!

And it's been fun watching you watch me watch YOU!

BIGGGGEST HUGGGGGGS!

Dee Jay

Bulldog1948

Carolyn Marie,

You are a super lady. An inspiration to othere here. We are Blessed to have your leadership help. Plus, you are always wiiling to help others when they need it.

Mike

Carolyn Marie

Thanks so much, everyone.

One down, 20, 30 to go? I hope so!

Love

Carolyn Marie

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Sk1ttles
    • OlyVersion1
  • Who Was Online

103 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • VickySGV
    • Sk1ttles
    • OlyVersion1
    • AsTheCrow
    • Julie J
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Martyn
    • Rachael
    • Rowan
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Charlize
    • MaryMary
    • Jani
    • Evans
    • MaryEllen
    • Cluck1992
    • CyndiRae
    • Jean.S
    • Kris
    • ChelseaAnn
    • just_me
    • stbSusan
    • KoreyA
    • ChickenLittle
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Natalie86
    • conner
    • JJ
    • Anna75
    • MadMadhatter
    • Tommyftm
    • Jocelyn
    • DenimAndLace
    • Zavida
    • Cthorne
    • MarcieMarie12
    • MarvellousMattie
    • Sharon Aml
    • Dakota16
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Timber Wolf
    • Kirsten
    • Petra Jane
    • Marbabar
    • Queenie
    • Laxmi Siriwat
    • JD
    • Terry
    • Roberta-Belinda
    • BrandiBri
    • muqdishaawi
    • Paul Rankeillor
    • TheJudeResistance
    • Clara84
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • jo jo
    • KymmieL
    • Cela
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Noelia6
    • EnbieCutie
    • jae bear
    • Jojo
    • DrumbeatAlex
    • KeiraC
    • ejen
    • Janeshannon
    • doni
    • tracy_j
    • PaulaPlaytex
    • Emilio
    • samuel
    • claire1000
    • gski
    • Annie
    • Xavier/Aria
    • Lizzie McTrucker
    • Amy joey
    • Luna L
    • Abigail3051
    • Lauryn Michelle
    • Avra
    • Erika_E
    • Dev
    • Carly murr
    • Elyssia
    • Miae_Flame
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Ravin
    • Leo ray
    • Lina
    • Cmattison
    • Jill55
    • JBfox
    • Willow
    • Laura Beth
    • Sydneyblue
    • April
    • Myka.L
    • Briana
    • 001dmc23
    • Connor_isnt.ok
    • Cheyenne skye
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Evans
    Newest Member
    Evans

No users celebrating today
    • VickySGV
      ROFL -- almost how one of my grand kids handled mine.  Would I still wear glasses and get them holiday presents?  
    • SugarMagnolia
      My wife's family has been visiting for a few weeks and we've recently been at the Northern California coast for the last few days. I let my wife's brother know that I was trans two days ago and he was very supportive. He also asked if I would tell his kids, my niece and nephew (11 and 13) so that no one would have to keep any secrets.   I talked to my niece when we were out for a walk and she was fine with it, even a little happy since I think she felt special to have someone share a secret with her, and we have good connection with each other.

Later, in the house, with my wife's sister, her brother and my niece, I told my nephew.

Me: blah blah blah, so it's important that I let you know that I'm trans
      Nephew:  Really?
      Me: Yes...it's something I've always known...blah blah blah
      Nephew: (thinking for a few seconds)
                       OK (gets back on his device to look at stuff)
      We started chatting among ourselves again until a minute or two later...
        Nephew: I can't believe this is happening! How did I not know about this?
      (silence)
      Me: What? Nephew: They're going to make new seasons of the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon! This is the best day of my life!   It kind of put things in perspective for me. 😂 Our transitions are important to us, but there are more important things in a galaxy far, far away!

My description probably doesn't do it justice but it seriously made me laugh out loud for quite a while!

Julie
    • Charlize
      Welcome Natalie.  You are certainly not alone.  We are blessed today to be able to be open and share with others who understand and are living a similar reality. Glad you've joined us.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Hi Julie i'm glad you've joined us here.  I was 63 when i went full time so i know how great it feels to know who i am regardless of how i had to present.  Today i can't see myself going back to pretending.  i'm simply enjoying living my life as myself. Let us know how it goes.  The support i found here and from other trans friends helped me a great deal(and still does).   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      Yes you're correct.  My electrologist has said you have to catch them at the right time.  Which is why I have a regular weekly appointment.   At first it seemed like everything was growing back but eventually the time on the table paid off as the hairs got finer and then were banished.   
        I've joked that its like B D S M without the B!      Hang in there.  No one promised this was easy! 

Jani    
    • Charlize
      Oly, i reread the poem you posted earlier.  I know things may seem impossible at this point but that is only temporary.  The fact that someone saw a scar may well be an opportunity to ask to get some help from a medical professional who can help you deal with life's difficulties.  You don't have to be specific about the why's to a family member.   I was very self destructive for years but that has passed and life is generally really good.  I got professional help and also spent time here seeing how others were dealing with similar problems. You might want to post an introduction in that forum.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      Julie I'm glad you're on your journey and have joined us.  Many of us here started later in life.     This is good!     Jani
    • Jani
      That's one reason why this forum exists.  You are among friends and can be yourself here.   Jani 
    • Jani
      Dakota I would speak with the pharmacy manager or head pharmacist the next time you are in the store, whether or not you have a script to be picked up.  She obviously breached the level of confidence and privacy you are owed.     Jani
    • VickySGV
      The truth that they need to know is that you did it in reaction to a stressful set of situations that you are discussing with competent medical personnel who are helping you to get out of the stress, and trying to help keep you safe.  You will tell them more of the story when the real root of the problem is better known, and when your medical team thinks you are ready.   If they go snooping further, shut up and get away from them. 
    • Rachael
      Take care of yourself. Other than lots of water like others have already said. If I am hot and sweating cold or ice water can really make me sick. Anymore I pretty much drink room temperature water except in restaurants with food. good luck with the meds. 
    • Rachael
      Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  When I picked up my first prescription only the spiro made it, the doctor sent the other one and I went back in a few minutes. The pharmacist said oh they found the other one let’s see what you got, she pulls it out of the bag and looked at it then me and in a quiet voice leaned across the counter said this is, this is estrogen is that what you were expecting I replied yes. I thought she handeled it well.  Hope it gets better for you. 
    • ChickenLittle
      My partner manages a bunch of pharmacies in CA and I know if one of his pharmacists did that he'd want to know and be sure to talk to them about how to talk with trans patients (hint: it's with the same respect for privacy you give all your patients). So if you are upset enough to want to write a note to the store, I think that would be totally appropriate. 
    • OlyVersion1
      One of my family members saw where I cut myself, and I don’t really know how to explain to them why I did it, because I am not out to them yet. What can I say to them?
    • VickySGV
      This is mild compared to what could have gone on thankfully. It could be a training issue too.  The "on lable" use of Spiro is more common.  She now belongs to the 16% of people who know they have met a Trans person. She needs to be aware of her awesome new status.You aer understandably miffed however.  
  • Upcoming Events