Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RavenandJacob

Up and Down

6 posts in this topic

Alright, I have good news.

I have finally been able to look past my first feelings and reactions and I have accepted my mtf boy/girlfriend for who she is. I've actually been kind of excited to see him grow into womanhood, and the "roleplaying" we've been doing feels more real now. I've been very excited to help him feel like a woman and help him dress up.

This would be all fine and dandy, but the transgender feelings haven't been bothering him lately. He actually feels more neutral most of the time, and doesn't really care that he's physically a man. I've actually been kind of disappointed with this.

Is it normal for someone to be extremely bothered by this (and on the verge of severe depression, I might add) for weeks on end and not even think about it at other times? I'd like some feedback from people who have similar feelings or S/Os who have experienced similar situations.

Thanks for reading and replying, people. <3

It can indeed happen as you describe. Down in the real pits of depression with gender neutral counter cycles are a way of life. I was able to live my life as a male for extended periods of time, but they did not go away, and when they came back, it was not gradually, it was a train wreck!! Most of the time, the neutral cycles were ones when I had to focus on something outside of myself, such as kids or my parents or other relatives. I reached a point though where I had no distractions to pull me away from the gender issue, and spent a year in HADES.

It can indeed happen as you describe. Down in the real pits of depression with gender neutral counter cycles are a way of life. I was able to live my life as a male for extended periods of time, but they did not go away, and when they came back, it was not gradually, it was a train wreck!! Most of the time, the neutral cycles were ones when I had to focus on something outside of myself, such as kids or my parents or other relatives. I reached a point though where I had no distractions to pull me away from the gender issue, and spent a year in HADES.

Well it's not like he's distracting himself with anything, he does the same things in his life either way. The transgenderism just kind of comes and goes for him, and I know he doesn't do much to distract himself from it when it comes up.

Yeah, my GD cycled in and out forever, with periods where I literally forgot my history of symptoms, only to be overwhelmed by them again later, usually after all the distractions had died down...

But, YMMY, and perhaps your feelings aren't the same as mine...

I dunno, but I can definitely tell you my GD cam and went, sometimes mysteriously, too...

Good luck figuring your stuff out!

:) Svenna

Oops, I just realized I wrote out my response as if I was talking to your MTF, so sorry!

But, you can see what I really meant to say, lol..

:) S

having same issue my mtf lately hasent been bothered to much that hes really a guy but hes also been off hormones 7 months its very hard not to mention confusing he still wants to be a women but identify as male and wants to be a stepfather we had really hard time communicating the issue at first but after finally talking about things together it really helped everything was fine in beginning with mine as i met her as a female day we met she decided go off hormones and gave away all her clothes thinking she wanted to be a man i never forced that decision on her she said she was never really happy as a girl and that i was the best thing that ever happened to him after being a guy first 3 months of our relationship she decided she wanted be a girl again which just confused us both and made it hard still having hard time dealing with it