• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

5 Months into Cross-gender Hormone Therapy/ Update/ Reminder I am still alive (though slightly less obnoxious :P)

Guest Orva26

Guest Orva26

HI!

I haven't made a post here in forever so I figured it is time for one. As of yesterday I've been five months on anti-androgens and female hormones. A lot of interesting stuff has happened. First, physical things! My body seems to have lost the ability to grow back hair, this pleases me ... .... GREATLY! My face looks younger and more full and is clear. My whole body is clear actually aside from one random pimple on the back of my neck. I actually teared up before writing the rest of this... I don't remember the last time that was the case. Dermatologist, creams, antibiotics, nothing worked. I've had consistent acme everywhere since puberty.

BOOBS! I have them now. Not just the odd gynocomastia but actually tissue. I actually reached the point where it is less awkward for me to wear sports bras at work than to go through my days pondering if co-workers can see my nipples/boobs. Things in my crotch, they still work! Just work differently now. Ejaculate isn't really made rather it is just seminal fluid that tends to leak out a little after I orgasm. The orgasm is completely different and comes in an assortment of colors and flavors! I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. The feeling of it can come from my core, or it can be centered in my chest, or even my face. If I have a big climax it is an entire body experience that leaves me all tired and mushy/cuddly afterwards.

Other things! It seems that after being on hormones for a while I have no real desire to change how I dress, act, or try to pass in the least. Its like I don't need any veil now, I can just do/wear stuff I want to. I actually tend to wear a combination of clothing resulting in a desired level of comfiness. Cloths with memories attached seem to be things I gravitate to, things like shirts from concerts or old clothing from relatives.

Life stuffs! Work is still stressful, that hasn't changed. Though now I got to watch myself a bit. I used to get frustrated when faced with a big challenge and now that frustration seems to diffuse outwardly and affect how I deal with people instead of being just a general anger.

Two of my friends here throw me a birthday party which was pretty neat. And next weekend I'm going to Albany to hang out with the core group of friends that I have from college, whom I am out to. I miss both them and that city so I want to visit them and go hiking in a park we always used to hike and then go to eat at my favorite Thai restaurant in Albany. They can ask me questions about what I have been up to and I can answer them, ALL OF THEM! ^_^ And likewise.

Things are going well with my boyfriend. It is such an interesting time for the both of us to be in a relationship, me being five months into mtf hrt and him being six months on T. We keep making little discoveries about ourselves both independently and together.

I've stepped away from local support groups and for a good part the local trans community associated with them. The crowd wasn't really my age group and didn't really have many of my interest. I'm keeping in contact with the people I've met locally who do. They have basically done the same thing, move away from the local community. There's another reason too. The groups prize themselves on being inclusive, so inclusive that they don't filter our unsavory folks. Said unsavory folks tend to have a tendency of latching onto empathetic individuals like myself. >_>

Anyways, I should wrangle food for myself.

-Orva

• Admin

Orva! Its so good to hear from you, hon. I'm really impressed with all your progress, physical and otherwise. The boyfriend part sounds especially great, Orva. Yup, your life has changed for the good. Glad to hear it. I love happy stories. :D

Don't be stranger, OK? Stick around for a while, you're good for this place, hon.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest leela_anima

Great to hear! I've actually read quite a few of your posts in this subject area thread thingy (hormone category??) and actually related to a lot of what you wrote. I'm glad to hear that your downstairs mix-up still works after 5 months, cause that has been a huge question on my mind! I do hope you continue to make further updates on all your progress, i'm actually starting gender therapy today!! so... perhaps i'll be riding right behind ya! ;)

Great to hear! I've actually read quite a few of your posts in this subject area thread thingy (hormone category??) and actually related to a lot of what you wrote. I'm glad to hear that your downstairs mix-up still works after 5 months, cause that has been a huge question on my mind! I do hope you continue to make further updates on all your progress, i'm actually starting gender therapy today!! so... perhaps i'll be riding right behind ya! ;)

YAY!!!!

Yay for LEELA!!!!

Such a great new development, girl, you will absolutely thrive in therapy..

Big DAY, yes it is!!

Tell us how it goes, okay? There are a few other girls here just about to start therapy and they could use some encouragement, too...

Good to see you back here, Leela..

:)

Love, Svenna